pugnale-assass's Avatar Member

Hook blade tutorial

Is there anyway of by-passing this stupid technique. I have tried and tried and as always had problems. Not with my getting the buttons at the right time but with the program. I have always had with this game a huge problem with locking onto a person. The problem is that I cannot unlock from teh subject. No matter what I do by pressing on buttons, triggers ect, it always keeps a lock on to the subject and in a fight that is a bad thing as I can't see what other things are happening. I cannot turn or move to far. The hook blade problem is that I engage with the assassins; I spring over them and then they manage to get flung over me as well with them on the floor. I have spent ages trying to get it right and with no luck. Everytime I play the game this always happens spoiling the enjoyment of playing. Funny, I never have to complain about other games, its always Assassin that has the problems. Its not that I am incapable, I maybe a little slow having to live on over 300mg morphine a day, but as I said no other game I have played gives me grief. Other than that the story is engaging and you want to know more. It is a game I replay all the time, just wish I could get it to work a lot better.

I have deleted Revelations and reloaded it. Guess what! It has done the same! I run at the assassin and press B. I do the roll over but then take the assassin with me and throw them! I think I am just going to have to call it a day and sell the disk. Shame as I love the story. So it goodbye to poor software. Thing is I have done it several times before and I can't think what is different this time around!

It's not the game. It's you.

Pressing "B" while running towards an enemy will do a "hook and throw". (which is a useful tool to leave an enemy vulnerable for a ground assassination/quick kill)

HOLDING DOWN "B" while running towards an enemy will perform a "hook and run". (which is a useful tool to quickly pass through an enemy while trying to escape)

I suggest you to pay more attention at the tutorials. Go finish the game now...

Originally Posted by GariStz Go to original post
    It's not the game. It's you.

Pressing "B" while running towards an enemy will do a "hook and throw". (which is a useful tool to leave an enemy vulnerable for a ground assassination/quick kill)

HOLDING DOWN "B" while running towards an enemy will perform a "hook and run". (which is a useful tool to quickly pass through an enemy while trying to escape)

I suggest you to pay more attention at the tutorials. Go finish the game now...
    jajajaja, you've got the right point here (^_^) (for the ''go and finish the game'', lol)

I have deleted the game on PC and now have bought the game on Xbox. I have only just bought the xbox and I am hoping I won't have the problems I have with the PC. I did everything that you said and still have problems, so will sell the PC version and get on with the Xbox