DrMuka's Avatar Member

Week 50 Challenge: "No Rain" (Combo) by Blind Melon

Rules:

1) A song and particular arrangement will be posted before Tuesday every week.

2) There are four competitive categories. To foster a fair, fun, and competitive environment, players should self-select into the category that best describes their ability. This categorization should remain stable from week to week, unless a player determines that they have initially self-selected into the wrong division.

Division I: Can level most songs to 100%, and can play most songs proficiently - 95+% accuracy. Can master songs like Mean B!tch, Chimney, Good Enough etc.
    Division II: Can level several songs to 100%, may have trouble accurately playing them at that level. General accuracy 85-95%.
    Division III: May level some easier songs to 100, but others will be partially leveled. Regularly scores 70-95k. Can level songs like Song 2 single note, Go With The Flow combo, Angela, or chord arrangements to 100%.
    Division IV: New to guitar. No songs really leveled to 100%.

There will also be "honorable mentions" for score, note streak, videos, and master mode entries (these entries can be separate runs from the main competition entry).

3) Each participant is allowed to make a single entry in the division they have selected. All submissions for the main divisions should be in standard rehearsal or performance mode, even for songs that are mastered. Master Mode entries will not count towards the competition scoring.

4) Entries must be made by replying to the song thread with your score, accuracy, note streak, and Division in the title (this way we won't have to sift through post content). For example: Div I - 124,033 | 389 NS | 98%

5) Please only submit one result (score + accuracy + note streak) per song. If you play the song later in the week and do better, go to your original post and edit with the replacement score and pic.

6) To be entered in the competition you must submit a picture of the song results replay screen (showing score, percentage, and note streak). A single entry is required for the competition (with percentage, note streak and score from the same run).

The winner will be determined as follows:
    Division I & II: 'Mastered' entries (purple score bar) are scored ahead of 'Non-Mastered' (orange score bar) results. The 'Mastered' entry with the highest accuracy wins (entries are ranked by accuracy). Score then Note Streak will be used to break ties. The 'Non-Mastered' entries are ranked by score below the 'Mastered' entries.
    Division III & IV: The entry with the highest score wins (all entries are ranked by score).

7) All entries must be in before Monday, so by 11:59 Sunday night (based on PST Time Zone or UTC-8 internationally)

8) A separate thread showing the winners of each division will be posted by the previous week's winner, and the selection of the following week's song will be the responsibility of one of those winners.

9) We will rotate the responsibility of selecting the next song and arrangement each week starting with Division IV, III, II, then I. Rinse and repeat.

10) In the event that the winner does not respond to a PM notification to start a new thread by Tuesday, the winner of the next category in the rotation will be notified to select an arrangement and start a thread.

11)The winner/song selector must PM Black_Widow9, Mr_Shade, rcole_sooner, T_O_A_D after creating the Challenge Result thread, with the winners.

The Winner of Division III picks the song for next week.

Link to spreadsheet

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    99% | 120,902 | 264ns [Top ns: 305 | Top Score: 130,532] (Div 1)

Monday: 98%, 121k, 265ns
    Tue: No change
    Wed: Hit goal of 99%, was a lower score than my 98% though
    Thurs: Cliffs of Dover
    Fri: Cliffs of Dover
    Sat: Drinking
    Sun: Set lag to 60, got much higher scores, no other 99% runs though

Top Accuracy:

Top Score:

Top Note streak:

Such a fun song man, great choice!

DrMuka's Avatar Member

Div IV - 88899

NSmith_Den's Avatar Senior Member

Division 1: 122,435 - 190NS - 98%

I bought it but haven't played it yet.... So thanks for the pick!

oyvindogland's Avatar Member

Div I - 121,299 - 305 NS - 98%

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member

98% - 127,461 - 137 NS - Div I

VIDEO

majorerickson's Avatar Member

Div III (89,039)

The video clip for the DLC makes the solo look insane, but should be fun!

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member

Steamroller52's Avatar Senior Member

Div 2--104,231 @ 82%

Cool, I spent a couple hours on this one earlier today while waiting for the challenge song to be picked.

MON: 2 full runs and score of 94K. The 3 solos are all near 75% leveled and it will be tough to get them maxed but will work on them all week.

TUE: Spent a couple hours working the solos in Accelerator. I feel comfortable with them at speeds up to 95%, but still need more practice. I'm also dropping a double-stop or two here & there, as well as that ridiculous 9 to 14 stretch b/e double stop. Was able to max-level Solo 2 today on my own, but it was very sloppy. Will keep practicing the solos in Accelerator until the end of the week and then make a couple full runs to lay down my % and score.

SAT: Well I kinda got sidetracked working on other stuff and didn't put a lot more practice into the solos, but really don't think I could have done drastically better than I did. That rush of double stops on 1&3 is just a bunch of flailing and hit or miss because i can't quite keep up with it--the song would be really fun to play if those parts weren't there. Maybe I'll come back to this one in 6 months and see if I can handle those double stops.

joaofigueiredo's Avatar Member

Division III / 113,985 / 92% / NS 115

Excellent music!

updating,

113,985 / 92% / 115

Best Note Streak: 156

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... Last ►►