Chuck342's Avatar Junior Member

New guitar

Just wanted to ask if anyone could tell me a cheaper alternative to the fender telecaster, i dont have the $$$ to buy a real brand Tele, so i just wanted to know if there was other makes that are cheaper. i do live in the uk..

thanks Lee

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    A used Fender MIM Telecast or Squier CV Telecaster?

A lot of people really like the CVs.

Then there is Rondo. I've never tried them, but those who have, really think they are a great bang for the buck.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    +1 for Rondo
    http://www.rondomusic.com/

or check CraigsList or E-bay for used git deals

I'm a big fan of the Classic Vibe series, I have both the Tele and Strat. They are basically the top of the line Squier. For $350 or less, they are a lot of guitar for the money.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Look for something used. Find a shop that takes in decent axes and takes good care of them.

Don't know about Tele. But Cort is said to be good alternative to Fender Strat. They probably make good Tele too.

Duggle-SD's Avatar Senior Member
    For the UK look in the Dawsons website. They have Squire Telecaters and the Farida FTC-8 which is a Fender Tele clone. Farida is a UK brand but not UK manufactured (China or Vietnam or something).

Telecasters

Faridas

Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    A used Fender MIM Telecast or Squier CV Telecaster?

A lot of people really like the CVs.

Then there is Rondo. I've never tried them, but those who have, really think they are a great bang for the buck.
    Rondo sells a cheap ($99), decent, Tele copy but its likely going to need some work when you get it. Mine for instance needed the nut to be adjusted (it was way off) and the frets needed leveling badly. Probably not something a new player would want to take on unless the have a guitar tech friend or want to learn how to do such things.

Originally Posted by poi890poi Go to original post
    Don't know about Tele. But Cort is said to be good alternative to Fender Strat. They probably make good Tele too.

I have a CORT(Kansas) Gold top Les Paul copy that is really nice, picked it up used for $175 and really plays well with Rocksmith.

Argo

shihdo's Avatar Senior Member
    Try the cash converter website, preloved or gumtree, Ebay is a given, If you would like new atr a decent price I can recommend http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html for a good price and great service (company is pretty good delivery firm not so good)