Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster

[RULES] Aza404 Cup - January 2013

Dear Champions,

Please find below the rules to the Aza404 Cup tournament hosted on Duel of Champions and the English forum.
    • Every participant is asked to post his name on the proper forum thread in order to apply for the tournament. The 48 first players to apply will be entered in the Aza404 Cup. The tournament is open to all players.
    • Once the application deadline is over, the team will place all participants into 4 groups of 5 players.
      • Round 1: Every player will then be asked to duel against every other player in his group once (5 duels per player). The winner must post a screenshot on the forum: The winner will get one point every time for every victory.
      • Round 2: The 2 players with the most points from each of the 4 groups at the end of round 1 will get to go to round 2. Here the 8 players will be placed in 2 groups of 4 and asked to repeat the process. The duels will be played in a Best of 3 format. Winning 2 or 3 duels against the same player will still count as 1 point!
      • Round 3: The 2 players with the most points at the end of round 2 will go into the final stage of the tournament. They will be paired up and asked to duel in a Best of 5 type match in the semi-finals, then a best of 5 for the two finalists.
    • Points at the end of rounds 1, 2 and 3 are not cumulative from one round to the next.
    • Once the initial groups are formed for round 1, every participant must add his opponents as in-game friends and take part in friendly duels against them. The winner of each duel must then provide a screenshot of the victory on the appropriate forum thread.
    • If you cannot agree on an appropriate time for the duel or don’t send in the victory screenshot both players will get 0 points for that match-up. If you have tried to contact your opponent, have not got an answer from him by the deadline for that round, just send me a quick message on the forum explaining the situation. If I don't get an answer from your opponent, you'll be declared winner.
    • If an error occurs (Bloomberg or disconnect etc.), the duel should be repeated as long as the player who encountered the error provides a screenshot with it in the game. If a player does not provide the screenshot, the game is classified as a defeat for the player who had the error and his opponent will be declared winner.
    • When they enter the tournament, players are committing to being present at the appointed dates.
    • Players are also committing to sending in the result screen as proof of victory.
    • Only one account per player is allowed to enter. We will be doing checks and any player who has tried to cheat his way to the top will be disqualified and banned from any future tournament.
    Do not hesitate to ask below if you have any questions.

Best,
    Aza

count me in!
    Spell based Heroes have a big disadvantage here btw. But that´s wanted maybe. I´m fine with it.

I'm in too. although i'm not fond of the Health Points rule and having no banlist for this tournament :/

Still a pleasure to play in a new tournament !

I'm in too! Trying not to be last! ^^

Edit to the rules: Added the rule below.

Only one account per player is allowed to enter. We will be doing checks and any player who has tried to cheat his way to the top will be disqualified and banned from any future tournament.

I'm in !

But can you do it after the patch who will nerf Havre OTK please ?

The life rule is very bad, IMHO. Using it for tiebreakers wouldn't be so bad, but alas. I hope that will not be used again.

Still, good initiative - GLHF.

r3tsa's Avatar Senior Member
    If it won't be after fortunes fix then it's bad. :X

What about deck shifting/card shifting during the tournament.

zenithale's Avatar Senior Member
    I would llike to know if the tournament will start after or before the fix (Throne, Prison, Crystal cavern) as well. I just don't want to participate to a boring "Throne & Tower" tournament.

Hi guys,

YES, you can change your deck as you see fit throughout the tournament.
    NO, it will not be starting until the fix. I'm just planning it in advance so we can start it as soon as possible.

Best,
    Aza

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►