View Poll Results: Do you think Al Mualim is Alta´r's father?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 5.88%
  • No.

9 26.47%
  • Possibly.

1 2.94%
  • Of course!

0 0%
  • I don't know.

2 5.88%
  • Definitely not.

20 58.82%
    Death_Aflame's Avatar Member

I've just realized..

You know how only a select few can use and control the Apple Of Eden? Like Alta´r, Ezio, Connor and Desmond? Well I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 again and I came to a realization. Al Mualim was able to use and control the Apple, and the fact that Alta´r and Al Mualim were very close, could suggest that Al Mualim was Alta´r's real biological father, and his supposed father was only a fake, to make Alta´r never know his real father, but when his 'father' was killed, Al Mualim had to step up due to his parental 'senses'. If he wasn't his father, he could have just given Alta´r to a trainer for his training, but Al Mualim taught everything he knew to Alta´r. I personally think yes, he is Alta´r's biological father.

So, do you guys think Al Mualim is Alta´r's real father?

Alta´r's father is Umar Ibn-La'Ahad.

Death_Aflame's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    Alta´r's father is Umar Ibn-La'Ahad.
    lbn-La-Ahad translated means Son Of None..

Originally Posted by Death_Aflame Go to original post
    lbn-La-Ahad translated means Son Of None..
    Yes I know what it means, but that doesn't change his father is Umar. It was revealed in the book Secret Crusade.

Kaschra's Avatar AC Expert
    Now you are grasping at straws.
    His father IS Umar, like sidspyker said.

And only a few people could controll the Pieces of Eden, yes, which means that Al Mualim is one of them.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    If you played Revelations he even says "Son of Umar". Which makes me wonder, why did he change it to Son of None?

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    If you played Revelations he even says "Son of Umar". Which makes me wonder, why did he change it to Son of None?
    Because apparently Ubisoft does not know how Arab names work and think that the Son carries his father`s surname alone. Harold Smith for example has a son named Mark, the son`s name would be Mark Smith. Arab names work differently, but Ubisoft are so smart. Umar ibn la Ahad has a son, so his name is Altair Ibn la Ahad. Yay -_-

It's kind of even between "No" and "Definitely not" in the poll. I voted the latter.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Because apparently Ubisoft does not know how Arab names work and think that the Son carries his father`s surname alone. Harold Smith for example has a son named Mark, the son`s name would be Mark Smith. Arab names work differently, but Ubisoft are so smart. Umar ibn la Ahad has a son, so his name is Altair Ibn la Ahad. Yay -_-
    I have read that in youtube!!! Just out of pure curiosity, how do arab names work???

SaintPerkele's Avatar Senior Member
    To be honest now, I have the feeling that Al Mualim was once intended to be Altair'sfather and this (as so often) was just changed to the unfortunately canon stuff Bowden produces.

Read the Penny Arcade comic for AC1, for example, and you'll see what I mean.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►