What do you want to see in the Assassin's Creed movie?

What do you want to see in the Assassin's Creed movie? I personally would like to see a Desmond cameo, and Lucy having a minor or major role, along with Warren being played by http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...eQaXuFig#t=90s

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    The more I think about Fassbender playing Desmond (as they claimed on their official page), the more I think of how he'll ruin Desmond and Ezio's image in the film simply because he looks nothing like either of those characters. That's what makes me not expect much from the film.

I'd love to see Franciso Randez playing Desmond, Ezio and Altair. I also wish to know the nature of the film, is it gonna be canonical or non-canonical to the games? is it gonna be a brand new story, a standalone adventure (which I doubt since they mentioned on the official FB page something regarding Fassbender playing Desmond) and is it gonna be a standalone film that may or may not be followed be another standalone story or a part of a trilogy or a summary of the story of all 3 AC games?

Well, I'd love to see what the Templars/other Assassins were doing while we were playing as Desmond... It may be on the movie (I dont think it will, though) or it may be on a future game (thats more likely). Anyways, i just hope they take the oportunity to tell another story (as it is a different media channel) like they did with other medias.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    I think it seems pretty clear that they`re doing a different story from the games, they might as well provide some mentions of some past characters. Clay, Paul Bellamy, Hannah Mueller maybe even a cameo by William...

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ToughGuy31 Go to original post
    What do you want to see in the Assassin's Creed movie? I personally would like to see a Desmond cameo, and Lucy having a minor or major role.
    I want to see each game given the time it deserves in the Movie franchise - But as i heard the Movie will cover the AC-1 & AC-2 storyline , They screwed up any hopes i had for that to happen.
    Such a waste of potential in real cinematic storytelling in my opinion . (i'm expecting something along the lines of Prince of persia movie With a HOOD now )

Don't mind Fassbender as Altair - But would prefer the Real Desmond as Desmond - DUB his voice if he can't act , it's easily done .

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    I think it seems pretty clear that they`re doing a different story from the games, they might as well provide some mentions of some past characters. Clay, Paul Bellamy, Hannah Mueller maybe even a cameo by William...
    Why does this seem clear? I hope this is the case, but everything we've seen seems to suggest they're just remaking the games on film.

I just want it to hopefully be good.

"Movies based on video games rarely please devoted fans and could taint the brand."

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by BATISTABUS Go to original post
    Why does this seem clear? I hope this is the case, but everything we've seen seems to suggest they're just remaking the games on film.
    Not really. Everyone is using the FB status update which does not mean anything let alone everything. It`s clear because no one would want to watch the games AGAIN.....I know there were remakes of games in the past, but ones that follow game`s plot are rare...

Kaschra's Avatar AC Expert
    If Shaun and Lucy appear in the movie, I really hope Ubisoft casts Danny Wallace and Kristen Bell. Everything else would be pretty stupid IMO.
    And sure, Randez looks perfectly for Desmond, but the problem is that he's no actor. Too bad :/

BATISTABUS's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Not really. Everyone is using the FB status update which does not mean anything let alone everything. It`s clear because no one would want to watch the games AGAIN.....I know there were remakes of games in the past, but ones that follow game`s plot are rare...
    I don't think that's a fair assessment. If people didn't want to watch things again, nothing would be adapted into a movie. It would definitely be the safer thing to just remake the games. Fans would hate it, but would likely go see it anyway. People somewhat familiar with the series might give it a watch simply because it's quicker than trying out the game.

Also, the status says:

"According to you, what's the most important skill Michael Fassbender needs to play Desmond Miles in upcoming Assassin's Creed movie?"

Needs. What skill does he need to play Desmond. Not what would he need if he were to play Desmond. What does he need? Grammatically, this means he will in fact play Desmond. I've said this before, but if Fassbender won't play Desmond, either the person doesn't understand proper English mechanics or is intentionally trying to fool us.

Now, the page does seem to be mostly run by French speakers, but this would be quite the slip-up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►