Returning game to store

For though of us who do not have our consoles hooked to the internet we can not update the game with patches pushed to fix crashing problems.

How you could let producers release a game with bugs like this is beyond consumer rip off.

Is there any way we can receive a copy of the game with the fixes? Otherwise we have spent money on a product that does not work and needs to be reported to the better business bureau.

Isn't this a problem often for you? I mean most games receive some kind of patch (even though AC3 was more broken than the average game I suppose). It's not possible to temporarily use the internet connection from your PC (hook the console up to your router and monitor)? Or perhaps bring your console to a friend?

Do you have an Xbox 360. If you do, you could download the patches onto a Xbox 360-formatted usb stick with Horizon Xbox software. You do need internet on the PC side and a compatible USB stick with atleast 1 gb i think. You will also need the disk to make sure you get the right patches as there are different region based patches based on the same game.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    If you have internet on your computer....Why not have on your console as well ??

I also fail to see how this is AC III exclusive

montagemik's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by jherger Go to original post
    For though of us who do not have our consoles hooked to the internet we can not update the game with patches pushed to fix crashing problems.

How you could let producers release a game with bugs like this is beyond consumer rip off.

Is there any way we can receive a copy of the game with the fixes? Otherwise we have spent money on a product that does not work and needs to be reported to the better business bureau.

Are you going to return the console too for the same reason ?

As stated most games & even the console itself receives a patch at some point , so connect it to your internet cable or wifi you use for your PC & update it.

The days of 100% offline only consoles & games ended with the last generation of consoles. . Welcome to the 21st century.

I dont play games that require the internet. My internet connection at home is too slow to download this patch it would take weeks to do so. Sorry.

I'm not going to run my console over to a persons house to download something as this is just bad business all around.
    Send the game out that does not have crash bugs so people can play. If the game has simple bugs that stop a quest or something a person can still play it. Gating bugs should never be released to the public when a game launches.

Ive been playing the assassins creed games without multilayer and just playing through the storyline. I mostly play RPG games or single games that do not require the internet.
    If this is the case for assassins creed 3 they should state on the box that you will need the internet to download the patches or else you will not be able to play the game when you purchase it. Not doing so is false advertizing and still something that needs to be reported to the better business bureau to alert people of this problem before they purchase this product.

I think he brings up a pretty fair point, and as others are saying it's not exclusive to this game. I mean i'm enjoying it, and got the updates, but i myself am really not crazy about "multiplayer" (on any game) and don't play it the way i used to. The cost of Broadband is just getting crazy and i myself may go down to dial up. It just for me doesn't make sense to continue it.

I can't see how it passes the "smell test" that a Gaming Company of any kind could put a game on the Market that is in essence is "broken", and in order to fix their broken product, one needs internet access (at extra cost to them) to a console that does not mandate they have it.

The product from the beginning should not be defective, and it should not have to be the Consumer to have to "spend more" to rectify the problem the Game Producer itself sold to consumers. I hate to sound like a Lawyer here, but the fact is, it even goes the other way. Sometimes the Patch RUINS the game. It just seems unfair. Come out with a product that's not broken. Sounds like common sense to me.

This game comes with a very limited warranty (sold "as is"). In the sales world, this is akin to a manufacturer saying, "I do not stand by the quality of my product at all. Buy at your own risk." So you can ask nicely for the store to take it back, but it's unlikely you can force them to.

The last patch I downloaded for Battlefield 3 was in excess of 2GB, and that was after the game had been out for a year and I didn't buy into there season pass thing.
    By the way BF3 MP was and is still far more broken, and had a very lame single player to boot, then AC3 ever was.

Any software these days has patches, be it games or office software, be it commercial, shareware or freeware. I don't play that much online either but even so one still needs to patch the console itself at times. Will you be bringing that back as well? When PSN went down in 2011 I noticed it, and not only did I download the patches but also the free A line titles that Sony offered because of it.
    Would you have complained about not being able to get those either and how it was the fault of Sony because you couldn't or didn't want to hook up your system to the internet?

Diablo 3 is a single player PC game that needs to be connected to the net constantly if you want it play it at all. Now that is overkill, that is silly. And they didn't hide it but didn't exactly made it crystal clear either. Complaining about something like that I could fully understand.
    Complaining that you can't get the patches because you don't hook up your console is putting the horse behind the cart. What's next, you don't get a refund for the things you didn't buy, your car's petrol tank doesn't get filled without you taking it to a petrol station. How dare they sell a car that needs to be re-filled !!!

*sheesh*

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    I think you can even create a 3G network from your phone, connect to it from the PS3 and download. Problem solved. Or take it to a friend's house as others suggested. It's better than not playing the game at all.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►