Is the present day story needed?

Hey guys I was just thinking how I really do not enjoy playing the present day portions of the AC games, and I know some will disagree with me, but I really don't thing that those portions of the games are necessary. What do you think about it?
    Also here is a YouTube video that I made about the subject:

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Yes It`s necessary...All that needs saying... Assassins Creed is not just the present and not just the past. It`s the connection between both. neither can be "Assassins Creed" alone. no matter what you say of how you enjoy the past or loathe the present. the appeal to AC is the Mystery of the present and marvel of the past.

Hello and welcome...

Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah. It needs the present day story. It would be missing a massive amount of depth without it.

Besides, the present day story is already in there. What would they do to reconcile this complaint? Remove it and pretend it didn't ever exist in the first place?

Originally Posted by Gi1t Go to original post
    Yeah. It needs the present day story. It would be missing a massive amount of depth without it.

Besides, the present day story is already in there. What would they do to reconcile this complaint? Remove it and pretend it didn't ever exist in the first place?
    i realize it would be far fetched, i more or less just wanted to see what other people thought. and they could always do what they did in revelations and give the option to play it or not.

They could have done a better job with Desmond after AC2. From the looks of AC1, the modern day section looked awesome, and looked to have a bright future. But once they introduced TWCB, how there were "aliens" and they were mystical and such (not really mystical but I think you get it). I think if they just kept the very mysterious vibe and philosophical ways of AC1, the series would be much better (not that I'm not in love with it already). It would be cool to think of the first humans like Adam and Eve to have created the apple, then as centuries went on, more people would create more and more. Giving it a more realistic story, rather than aliens.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    They aren't aliens though.

Originally Posted by IronEagl3 Go to original post
    They could have done a better job with Desmond after AC2. From the looks of AC1, the modern day section looked awesome, and looked to have a bright future. But once they introduced TWCB, how there were "aliens" and they were mystical and such (not really mystical but I think you get it). I think if they just kept the very mysterious vibe and philosophical ways of AC1, the series would be much better (not that I'm not in love with it already). It would be cool to think of the first humans like Adam and Eve to have created the apple, then as centuries went on, more people would create more and more. Giving it a more realistic story, rather than aliens.
    TWCB before are not aliens...I hold back my anger, because you`re new....

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    TWCB before are not aliens...I hold back my anger, because you`re new....
    Ik Ik they're not aliens. There was no other way to explain what they are. Civilized humans maybe, but it still seems too out of the ordinary. I would have liked them to give an extreme mystery background of the first civilization with Adam and Eve.

Originally Posted by IronEagl3 Go to original post
    Ik Ik they're not aliens. There was no other way to explain what they are. Civilized humans maybe, but it still seems too out of the ordinary. I would have liked them to give an extreme mystery background of the first civilization with Adam and Eve.
    Why ? Advanced Humans who are native to earth create Inferior Humans by playing with the genetics of an existing being...Sounds realistic enough

Death_Aflame's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by shubimbi77 Go to original post
    Hey guys I was just thinking how I really do not enjoy playing the present day portions of the AC games, and I know some will disagree with me, but I really don't thing that those portions of the games are necessary. What do you think about it?
    Also here is a YouTube video that I made about the subject:

Welcome to Assassin's Creed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►