CRC Errors while installing, game is UNPLAYABLE.

I have had this problem ever since I got the game. I download the game and install it and during installation it stops multiple times with "CRC errors", so I click retry to continue the installation process, but once I try to play the game I can't even load into the freaking thing, it just freezes. My only other option is to abort the installation, but every time I try it I get the CRC errors. I have downloaded and reinstall about 4 freaking times now and nothing helps.

NO OTHER GAME IN MY LIFE has had problems like this, in fact I just got done with an installation spree on Steam and all my games install and play just fine from the same hard drive. IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER THAT IS THE PROBLEM, IT IS *YOU*, UBISOFT! This is absurd, unacceptable and needs to be fixed, you can't provide customers with completely nonfunctional products and expect them to be happy.

If it helps, my specs are:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    16 gigs g.skill sniper series 1866 ram
    2x CFX Radeon 7850s with latest drivers
    Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570

This is also a new build with a fresh copy of Win7 Ultimate 64, I know my computer is not the problem, or I'd be having this issue with other programs and games. CRC errors refer to memory issues, either in RAM or hard drive storage/reading/writing, if my hardware was faulty this problem would manifest itself in other areas, not just in Farcry 3. I can play Guild Wars 2 all I want, or any game on Steam, or I can stress test my system for 24 freaking hours and not have an issue. So, Ubi, don't try to act like my PC is at fault, it's your game.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just posted my own similiar issue in another thread (below). I'll watch your post here to see if they answer you and of course I'll watch mine also. This is very frustrating also considering this is the one time I get vacation to actually play a darn game and I'm sure it'll be a week before we are given a solution and oh look, no free time to play... Sheesh.

-----
    In installing the game I received 3 errors:

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry3\data_win32\worlds\fc3_main\f c3_main.dat doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

The same above also for the files:
    fc3_main_german.dat
    fc3_main_italian.dat
    -----

Originally Posted by scifi_reader Go to original post
    Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just posted my own similiar issue in another thread (below). I'll watch your post here to see if they answer you and of course I'll watch mine also. This is very frustrating also considering this is the one time I get vacation to actually play a darn game and I'm sure it'll be a week before we are given a solution and oh look, no free time to play... Sheesh.

-----
    In installing the game I received 3 errors:

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry3\data_win32\worlds\fc3_main\f c3_main.dat doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

The same above also for the files:
    fc3_main_german.dat
    fc3_main_italian.dat
    -----
    I get it it for about 10 different files, one toward the end doesn't work with "retry" and I have to just ignore it or abort. I almost think the files are different with each download, it sounds a lot to me like Ubisoft's download is providing fragmented or corrupted files and there's nothing the end users can really do about it. It obviously isn't affecting everyone but with the ridiculous amount of bugs and problems with this game it is probably just another thing we will have to wait ages for to get a fix. The only "fix" that has been suggested to me was reinstalling and that obviously doesn't work.

Originally Posted by ashleydoll86 Go to original post
    I have had this problem ever since I got the game. I download the game and install it and during installation it stops multiple times with "CRC errors", so I click retry to continue the installation process, but once I try to play the game I can't even load into the freaking thing, it just freezes. My only other option is to abort the installation, but every time I try it I get the CRC errors. I have downloaded and reinstall about 4 freaking times now and nothing helps.

NO OTHER GAME IN MY LIFE has had problems like this, in fact I just got done with an installation spree on Steam and all my games install and play just fine from the same hard drive. IT IS NOT MY COMPUTER THAT IS THE PROBLEM, IT IS *YOU*, UBISOFT! This is absurd, unacceptable and needs to be fixed, you can't provide customers with completely nonfunctional products and expect them to be happy.

If it helps, my specs are:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
    16 gigs g.skill sniper series 1866 ram
    2x CFX Radeon 7850s with latest drivers
    Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge 3570

This is also a new build with a fresh copy of Win7 Ultimate 64, I know my computer is not the problem, or I'd be having this issue with other programs and games. CRC errors refer to memory issues, either in RAM or hard drive storage/reading/writing, if my hardware was faulty this problem would manifest itself in other areas, not just in Farcry 3. I can play Guild Wars 2 all I want, or any game on Steam, or I can stress test my system for 24 freaking hours and not have an issue. So, Ubi, don't try to act like my PC is at fault, it's your game.
    Your game files are corrupt.. To fix that uninstall FC3 And Uplay using this tool: http://support.micro...l_and_uninstall
    Then Download & install Ccleaner from here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner Run the registry fixer in Ccleaner Continually until no more errors/issues show up.
    Then Download & install Uplay from here: http://uplay.ubi.com/
    And finally redownload, install & Patch FC3 and report back.

Originally Posted by EternalCore Go to original post
    Your game files are corrupt.. To fix that uninstall FC3 And Uplay using this tool: http://support.micro...l_and_uninstall
    Then Download & install Ccleaner from here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner Run the registry fixer in Ccleaner Continually until no more errors/issues show up.
    Then Download & install Uplay from here: http://uplay.ubi.com/
    And finally redownload, install & Patch FC3 and report back.
    Unfortunately I have already tried this, I've reinstalled both FC3 and uplay 4 times now and in between each installation I have been running CCleaner, defragging the hard drive and running both Spybot 2 and MS Security Essentials (both come up clean). CCleaner detects next to nothing, but I do fix what shows up.

Everytime I've uninstalled I have made sure to remove everything, the corrupt files are most likely coming from the download itself. I should also add the last time I reinstalled I installed everything to my 2nd hard drive and got the same issue. Never had a problem with either drive and all my RAM checks out in Memtest.

If you've got any other suggestions I am all ears, though. Would really like to find a solution to this, but everytime I try I just get discouraged and can only come back to my theory that it is the download itself from Ubisoft causing this somehow. It is sad because I have heard of others with the CRC issue just getting fed up and torrenting the game (which is legal as they legitimately own it already) and the torrented version works just fine.

. It is sad because I have heard of others with the CRC issue just getting fed up and torrenting the game (which is legal as they legitimately own it already) and the torrented version works just fine.
    Id do that if I knew where to look; I paid $50 for an unplayable game that wont download through U-Play (download failed over and over and over), that gets corrupted (apparently) through Gamefly as well (who I bought it from).
    If I could get a WORKING copy of this game Id go that far to get it. I just want to play it single player.
    I DONT want to jump straight to the refund bandwagon but I cant get this to download and NOT be corrupted here

Originally Posted by buddahcjcc Go to original post
    Id do that if I knew where to look; I paid $50 for an unplayable game that wont download through U-Play (download failed over and over and over), that gets corrupted (apparently) through Gamefly as well (who I bought it from).
    If I could get a WORKING copy of this game Id go that far to get it. I just want to play it single player.
    I DONT want to jump straight to the refund bandwagon but I cant get this to download and NOT be corrupted here
    Same here. It may be the downloads themselves which are shoddy, it may be that the game itself is just extremely picky about hardware or drivers, maybe it doesn't like some NIC drivers and that somehow messes with the download. Ubi never addresses these issues and complaints, their only answer through tech support is to reinstall it, if you're lucky enough to even get a response from them at all. It makes it more annoying when some people have a working product and others don't, but nearly all of us with problems have well maintained PCs and don't have these issues with ANY other games.

I frankly think the game, like so many big titles, got rushed into a release date with a lot of issues, they wanted it to drop before Christmas to get tons of sales, but rushing products just hurts your company in the long run. Way too many people are having these file corruption issues for it to be related to specific individual PCs.I really have no other options as I've tried multiple times the only thing that gets suggested to me. May as well break down and torrent it, I would be very confident it would work better than the official game, which is a sad state of affairs for Ubi.

Unfortunately I have already tried this, I've reinstalled both FC3 and uplay 4 times now and in between each installation I have been running CCleaner, defragging the hard drive and running both Spybot 2 and MS Security Essentials (both come up clean). CCleaner detects next to nothing, but I do fix what shows up.

Everytime I've uninstalled I have made sure to remove everything, the corrupt files are most likely coming from the download itself. I should also add the last time I reinstalled I installed everything to my 2nd hard drive and got the same issue. Never had a problem with either drive and all my RAM checks out in Memtest.

If you've got any other suggestions I am all ears, though. Would really like to find a solution to this, but everytime I try I just get discouraged and can only come back to my theory that it is the download itself from Ubisoft causing this somehow. It is sad because I have heard of others with the CRC issue just getting fed up and torrenting the game (which is legal as they legitimately own it already) and the torrented version works just fine.
    Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Also are you using an Anti-virus Scanner? If so try disabling it and use a wired connection while your downloading the game.

also; ashley we're talking the same basic thing here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8828906

as the issue I was having here and the one I had there are apparently the same

Originally Posted by EternalCore Go to original post
    Are you using a wired or wireless connection? Also are you using an Anti-virus Scanner? If so try disabling it and use a wired connection while your downloading the game.
    I have a wired connection. I guess I can try disabling anti-virus.