🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

View Poll Results: Would you like to see these changes applied to the Smoke Bomb?

Voters
555. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think the changes below would improve the smoke bomb

193 34.77%
  • No, I donít think the changes below would improve the smoke bomb

362 65.23%
    Ubi-Cali's Avatar ComDev

Community Poll: Smoke Bomb Changes

Hello all,

We have been reading the forums thoroughly and we have been seeing a lot of what you think about the smoke bomb ability. Following this, we have been experimenting around to see for possible improvements to the way it currently works.

We want to give the community more opportunities to let us know how they feel about the game, so we created this poll in order to know if you would agree or disagree to see the changes below happen.

Keep in mind that we are not changing what the smoke does or the way it behaves, we are just considering a one-time change, described below, on the conditions in which it behaves.

There are two things we are thinking of changing.
    • Smoke bomb duration would be reduced from 3.0 seconds (3.4 seconds/3.8 seconds with crafting) to 2.6 seconds (3.0 seconds/3.4 seconds with crafting)
    • Smoke bomb range would be shortened from 3.2 meters (3.4 meters/3.6 meters with crafting) to 2.9 meters (3.2 meters/3.5 meters with crafting)

The different effects we see to this change are the following:

1. Crafting: Depending on the way you want to use the smoke bomb, you will have to be strategic how you spend your crafting points.
      • Focus: Focusing with a smoke bomb is now more risky or requires a specifically crafted smoke bomb.
      • Double stuns/kills: This becomes more difficult to achieve with a default smoke bomb Ė unless you handle silent kills timing well.

2. Range:
      • New range makes it easier to read and anticipate what your opponents may do.
      • It also makes it easier to avoid a smoke bomb you might have been about to step into.
      • Players using smoke bombs are now exposed more quickly if they donít stay behind or at the center of their smoke bomb.
      • The shorter range makes it more difficult to catch more than one player at the same time.

3. Rewind: The current smoke bomb (as it is today with no crafting) can still be re-created, but that will require you to spend two crafting points for it.

Of course, please feel free to give details on why you think this is or isnít a good idea, but remember to be courteous to others, and that your feedback should always be constructive.

I really dont think smoke should be changed in any of these ways. Smoke is fine the way it is but everyone only really has the issue with it dropping without a delay. In all honesty i have no problem with smoke and alot of others feel the same way. Should spend your time fixing more important issues than dealing with people complaining about smoke bomb when it has so many obvious and easy counters

add the DELAY which was on acb sb + these changes you mentioned noctalya and its perfect

Unless a person thinks that SB is fine ,there is no way to know if it will be better without testing it. Though i would still prefer the ACB delay.

JTS_812's Avatar Senior Member
    To be honest I don't really see a problem with smoke bomb in it's current state, I'd say the only thing wrong is the instant effect (which is still better than it was in ACR but not quite like it was in ACB) only time I'm annoyed by a smoke is when it's dropped late and cause's a dodge when it no doubt should have been a kill/stun. Even still it's easily an improvement to ACR's smoke, I will say thanks for trying to improve the game though it means something.

Those changes are better than nothing, should help.

The instantaneous release of one is the main problem though.

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    I welcome SB nerfs being considered. But I voted "no" for those particular changes.
    Reducing smoke's range is bad idea. It is already reduced if you compare crafted ACB/ACR to fully crafted AC3 version. With this change you risk making it possible to kill someone standing at the center of uncrafted smoke.
    Making double stuns with one smoke must not be made harder, it must be made near impossible. No other ability guarantees double stuns. This can be achieved not by reducing range, but by reducing duration even more. Fully crafted version should last 2.8, allowing under rare circumstances double stuns, but no focus kills.
    In other words: dont compromise SB use consistency against 1 pursuer. Wasting 100s cooldown ability is simply annoying. But reduce its usefullness in other situations.
    I would really welcome those changes instead
    1. same range
    2. duration 2.0/2.4/2.8
    3. 0.5s explosion delay

Originally Posted by Noctalya Go to original post

Range:

• New range makes it easier to read and anticipate what your opponents may do.
      • It also makes it easier to avoid a smoke bomb you might have been about to step into.
      • Players using smoke bombs are now exposed more quickly if they donít stay behind or at the center of their smoke bomb.
      • The shorter range makes it more difficult to catch more than one player at the same time.
    Of course, please feel free to give details on why you think this is or isnít a good idea, but remember to be courteous to others, and that your feedback should always be constructive.
    Anticipating what opponents might do ---> this anticipation is required from the pursuers and not targets.. Targets don't need to want to "observe" the opponents "AFTER" the smoke bomb is deployed! Meaning, this point is for those who are pursuers and want to find a way around the targets who used the smoke defensively!

Easier to avoid the smoke bomb --> Once again, catering to the pursuers..

I voted no on this poll and I feel that the changes to the range heavily handicaps the defensive smoke bomb usage and heavily benefits the pursuers.. If this range is less than the kill range (which it is after the tweak), the killer can safely stay outside the range and kill their target! Not fair IMO.

Alot of us only just want the delay back but even now its not GAME BREAKING. Notificationless gun, lag, matchmaking, priority locking problems, grab kills making people go through the bottom of the world or teleporting you to another place. There many many issues and smoke isnt the one to be addressed.

Originally Posted by G1ZMO_DRAG0N Go to original post
    Alot of us only just want the delay back but even now its not GAME BREAKING. Notificationless gun, lag, matchmaking, priority locking problems, grab kills making people go through the bottom of the world or teleporting you to another place. There many many issues and smoke isnt the one to be addressed.
    But it is the only one that needs 20 seconds to change