My AC3 works pitch perfect

My AC3 worked great when I first got it yes a few frame rate drops in Boston and the Frontier. But now since I got the latest Nvidia Beta Driver (Improves AC by 18%) now I got a perfect running game a solid 60fps, no visual hiccups running all settings on the highest from the options menu. Now this is where it gets interesting, I only have a HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop, with Intel Quad Core i7 with 2.6ghz with turbo to 3.6ghz, 8GB of Ram a Nvidia Geforce GT 630m 2GB, and a 1TB hard drive . Its not even close to a super powerful gaming rig. Why do i have a perfect running game?

A miracle i think.

A christmas miracle! I am finding it hard to understand why I am getting pitch perfect performance on my rig compared to most of you on here on your own ultimate gaming comps.

andreja110s's Avatar Senior Member
    I have a decent CPU, but my video card is poor( Nvidia GeForce GT 240), and I can run the game in max settings, with FPS drop of course, but the game is still playable, and I´m okay with it...

So maybe people with good CPU and bad GPU get more FPS?

al-Assas's Avatar Member
    Yeah, very high single-thread CPU performance is the best predictor of good AC3 performance.

There are exceptions, but generally that's the major bottleneck.

what settings are you running at?

i have an i7 2600k and a GTX 690 and it dips to the 40s in places, im running at the highest settings at 1080p res.

0 reason for this to occurr. i could prob drop down to medium/low settings and get a smooth 60 but thats not why i play pc games

al-Assas's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by iNvidious02 Go to original post
    what settings are you running at?

i have an i7 2600k and a GTX 690 and it dips to the 40s in places, im running at the highest settings at 1080p res.

0 reason for this to occurr. i could prob drop down to medium/low settings and get a smooth 60 but thats not why i play pc games
    This game runs at 43 minimum FPS with i7 2600K and GTX 690 at 1080p and MINIMUM settings. So lowering the settings wouldn't help.

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps...-test-gpu.html

And the reason is that the CPU has a lot of calculations to do, especially on the largest thread.