Originally Posted by BreckR Go to original post
    Just thought of something that seems totally plausible to add from the singleplayer, you remember the mission where Buck has you sneak onto a ship and at the end it was sinking? Well there was little air tanks that you could breathe at so you wouldn't drown, this would make making underwater sections of maps so much better!
    you must have seen my post i asked for scuba gear like the air tank on the ship so i can swim for longer and hide underwater http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...71#post8787371

Originally Posted by carl70 Go to original post
    you must have seen my post i asked for scuba gear like the air tank on the ship so i can swim for longer and hide underwater http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...71#post8787371
    Actually, I didn't I just thought it would be a great addition.

Originally Posted by BreckR Go to original post
    Wow, hoping that Far cry 3 free-roam co-op isn't impossible then :c
    it is a crying shame this co-op in far cry 3 is not like dead island where you can just fast travel to friends around a large island i like to see vietnam guerrilla war mod with patrol boats tunnels and rice fields in far cry 3 they should have made the APC so you can drive it

Flyable helicopters/ gliders with a mod to make it more of a micro-light would be sweet.

I think it's a shame people re-post the same questions over and over, please read the topic and follow what's been going on before rushing the reply button.

Originally Posted by razorfinnish Go to original post

EDIT: @Kantham
    • Mission Creator - Possible as a external tool. (Not inside the editor itself though, as we don't have the source code).
    • Loadouts - Possible through hacky ways, such as script entities that give you a specific loadout on spawn.
    • Probability Spawners - Totally possible if a mission script creator is done. The mission scripts are Lua, and can be hand made. They require custom objects though.
    • Mission Goals - Possible through the mission script creator.
    • GAMEPLAY
    • Ledges - Most likely possible. I'll see if I can add those entities in the editor for the next version.
    • Vegetation - Not possible without editing the world files.
    • Importing Textures - Possible through Rick's tools.
    • Terrain Dimensions - Unfortunately, hardcoded. I can increase the map size, but you can't edit anything after 512 coordinates.
    • Limitations - Hardcoded

Thanks for that reply. With all that in mind, do you think you or someone else would be able to make the first 2 elements in that quote in one tool?

Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by Kantham Go to original post
    I think it's a shame people re-post the same questions over and over, please read the topic and follow what's been going on before rushing the reply button.

Thanks for that reply. With all that in mind, do you think you or someone else would be able to make the first 3 elements in that quote?

Thanks for your time.
    I will work on stuff like this; at the moment they aren't top priority though.

I will work on stuff like this; at the moment they aren't top priority though.
    Glad to hear, I wish I could help but my limitations are with visual and logical design, not coding languages unfortunately.

So, I'll present you the very first version of the nothing-special (Yet!) editor mod.

Complete Feature List

• [1.0]
    • Validation pass for Vehicles
    • Validation pass for AI (Not working properly in MP... Yet)
    • Validation pass for Weapons
    • New 2x-engine power/RPM vehicles for race maps. (Not fine tuned yet, so some of them might feel a little bit... Weird.)

To Do

• Fine tune the custom vehicles
    • Add more objects from the SP in to the editor (Suggestions appreciated!)
    • Maybe try to add player-drivable helicopters?

Download 1.0

First of all I want to really thank you, since it is something I was really looking into.

Suggestions:
    -nice idea about flyable helicopters, could be great improvement for sp campaign
    -ability to somehow open and edit sp map
    -there is no pickable molotov in the editor, or I couldn't find them, so i could be nice to have it
    -wingsuit/parachute flyable in the editor

-engine power could be improved for sp also if this is somehow related.

Thanks again, now ubi needs to make bigger maps available, so we can make for example wingsuit races in mp :]

adarwinter's Avatar Senior Member
    i read this thread and im still a bit confused:

lets say i have a map with AI's that i've created. what can i do with this mod that i couldnt do before?

Originally Posted by adarwinter Go to original post
    i read this thread and im still a bit confused:

lets say i have a map with AI's that i've created. what can i do with this mod that i couldnt do before?
    Essentially, not much yet. The mod currently bypass the validation process for AI, Vehicles and weapons, but AI is incompatible for online play.