Originally Posted by razorfinnish Go to original post
    I will look into the air tanks-- I think that they are scripted though.
    So I think you said AI works if we set the game mode to co-op? How do we do this?

@Ba5tard5word

Unfortunately that UI related stuff can't be done. I might be able to turn off infinite ammo and restore some of the SP functionality, though.

By UI I guess you mean making more options in the map editor?

At the very bare minimum it would be nice to be able to carry two guns, do the basic knife takedown, and be able to use weapons like molotovs and silenced guns. And to be able to set triggerable goals. That would be a huge upgrade from what we have now.

Maybe if it can't be added to the map editor UI someone could make a separate editing program that lets you assign values to what will appear when you play a mission in the sandbox, like whether a certain gun will have a scope or not, or to edit numerical stuff like ammo and health.

Originally Posted by BreckR Go to original post
    So I think you said AI works if we set the game mode to co-op? How do we do this?
    Unfortunately this requires loading the level through a painful and hacky way, I'm not going to explain it here right now. It requires you to unpack the map and do lots and lots of stuff with the files.

Unfortunately this requires loading the level through a painful and hacky way, I'm not going to explain it here right now. It requires you to unpack the map and do lots and lots of stuff with the files.
    I wouldn't mind doing it, but I understand it would probably be a pain to write out everything. So do you have any plans in the near future to load maps into co-op?

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I understand it would probably be a pain to write out everything. So do you have any plans in the near future to load maps into co-op?
    Once I get some nice stuff done myself I'll write a step-by-step tutorial.

Once I get some nice stuff done myself I'll write a step-by-step tutorial.
    Thanks razor. May I ask one more thing, you said a few days ago in the mod thread for FC3 that you figured out how to load the singleplayer world of Far cry 2 into the multiplayer, would you be willing to share this knowledge with us?

Thanks razor. May I ask one more thing, you said a few days ago in the mod thread for FC3 that you figured out how to load the singleplayer world of Far cry 2 into the multiplayer, would you be willing to share this knowledge with us?
    Then again, that's a huge process-- and it was back in early 2011's. Can't really remember what I did exactly, and it was a lot. As far as I remember, it took me more than a month to even get it load a part of the SP map.

Then again, that's a huge process-- and it was back in early 2011's. Can't really remember what I did exactly, and it was a lot. As far as I remember, it took me more than a month to even get it load a part of the SP map.
    Wow, hoping that Far cry 3 free-roam co-op isn't impossible then :c

bezzio's Avatar Junior Member
    Is there a way to remove editor limitations like 4 ground textures etc.?

edit: Oh they are hardcoded.

VaasCARV3R's Avatar Member
    Mother of holy god!!!

razorfinnish, you rock, man!

Can you do something about the map size or it's not possible to change it so we can make big maps?