🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    GhostWind905's Avatar Member
    I was wondering if it was possible to include weapons that are upgraded, ie. silencers, red dot sights, etc? I would like to try my maps with some stealth and see how it changes them.
    Another thing was large structures in the SP like tall towers, and maybe even the Medusa.
    Also is it possible to add civillians? would like to scatter them throughout a map to create quick decisions regarding targets, not just shoot everything that moves, but be cautious of civillian casualties. It would add a cool realism to the maps. you could even create a hostage rescue scenario.

Originally Posted by Ghost_Fart Go to original post
    I was wondering if it was possible to include weapons that are upgraded, ie. silencers, red dot sights, etc? I would like to try my maps with some stealth and see how it changes them.
    Another thing was large structures in the SP like tall towers, and maybe even the Medusa.
    Also is it possible to add civillians? would like to scatter them throughout a map to create quick decisions regarding targets, not just shoot everything that moves, but be cautious of civillian casualties. It would add a cool realism to the maps. you could even create a hostage rescue scenario.
    I'll see about these, I'm sure that civilians would work, though. About the weapons... I think the special weapons (Bushman, AMR, Cannon...) use the same attachment system as the ordinary ones, so I guess its possible too.

Very cool!

rocksolid118's Avatar Junior Member
    Dear editor enthousiasts,
    I ve been working with the editor , but it seems there are a few questions i have to ask: like for example is there an editor manual?
    I have created a map AI bridge in firestorm mode, but when i place the AI (mercenaries, animals) they dont show up on the map when i have published it!
    Am i in the wrong mode for placing AI, or is it simply impossible to place ai in the multiplayer maps?
    I have a lot of fun testing the maps because then the ai works just fine, sometimes you get hilarious situations with those dumb FOE`s ha ha ha, getting eaten by a croc or attacked by a kasuaris or comodo dragon , so much fun , i d like to see it return in my online multiplayer maps.
    So please anyone help me out with this question!!!
    Also , for this editor mod(mod v1.0) you only have to replace the patch.dat and patch.fat files?and when you go to play you change them back for the original files or not?
    And perhaps Janne252 could make a modded editor launcher just like in farcry2!!please please please...that was a perfect instrument which i used a lot!
    thanks for the information already!
    kind regards,
    Kaasie1975 (fc2)
    rocksolid118 (fc3)

Originally Posted by rocksolid118 Go to original post
    Dear editor enthousiasts,
    I ve been working with the editor , but it seems there are a few questions i have to ask: like for example is there an editor manual?
    I have created a map AI bridge in firestorm mode, but when i place the AI (mercenaries, animals) they dont show up on the map when i have published it!
    Am i in the wrong mode for placing AI, or is it simply impossible to place ai in the multiplayer maps?
    I have a lot of fun testing the maps because then the ai works just fine, sometimes you get hilarious situations with those dumb FOE`s ha ha ha, getting eaten by a croc or attacked by a kasuaris or comodo dragon , so much fun , i d like to see it return in my online multiplayer maps.
    So please anyone help me out with this question!!!
    Also , for this editor mod(mod v1.0) you only have to replace the patch.dat and patch.fat files?and when you go to play you change them back for the original files or not?
    And perhaps Janne252 could make a modded editor launcher just like in farcry2!!please please please...that was a perfect instrument which i used a lot!
    thanks for the information already!
    kind regards,
    Kaasie1975 (fc2)
    rocksolid118 (fc3)
    Unfortunately A.I. doesn't work in MP maps. It is probably too much information for the bandwidth to process and would slow down gameplay to a crawl, so it is available to use exclusively in the editor. Unfortunately you can't even share your A.I. creations for others to try. I think the most frustrating part is that vehicles and weapons/ammo are also not allowed into MP maps. You do have the option of using them in private online matches, but that depends on how many people will accept invitations to join. The reason for excluding vehicles and weapons/ammo in MP maps is totally bogus. They want to inspire teamwork game play, but anyone who has played MP maps knows it is 99% run and gun on your own, regardless of the tools and settings provided. I don't think there is a manual for the editor, if there were a part you needed help with, there are help options in the editor, or you could try a video on YouTube. many people have posted some cool stuff there. If you wanted to know what is allowed into MP maps, click the green arrow at the top in editor. This is the pass validation checklist. if anything won't pass, it wwill show a yellow triangle, or red X regarding the issue.

rocksolid118's Avatar Junior Member
    Dear Ghost_Fart thank you for clearing things up for me,
    As i am a player which started on farcry1 and facry2 i am surprised in a bad way , because the editor is worse then in farcry2,!!if you cant place ammo piles vehicles or ai , what good is the editor.
    Now my hope is on the modding community , and my wish is that they can unlock the editor for AI vehicles and ammo piles in whatever game mode you want them to be in.
    But from what i understood from Razorfinnish , is that he already has a mod for unlocking these items, i also would like to see the wingsuit in the editor!!!and if possible even the parachute, for more hilarious kills from above....
    Maybe throwing your knife in multiplayer would be very exciting aswell, so there is another suggestion for modding , i think!
    I have mod v 1.0 , and did a test with it, but i didnt test it online yet as i will do that today, if i find it to be succesful i will ventilate my opinion here.
    I think mr Razorfinnish is going down the only right path... and that is to help us gamers have the most fun out of an already good game.
    Keep up your excellent work Razorfinnish, ps , but dont get lost in your bitstreams...
    Thanks again for all the info and we will have a blast playing this awesome game.
    Kaasie1975
    rocksolid118

Will it be possible to play Coop or Multiplayer on the single player map? And could you please provide some information about your modding progress?

Originally Posted by Pheasn Go to original post
    Will it be possible to play Coop or Multiplayer on the single player map? And could you please provide some information about your modding progress?
    the thread now seems abandoned ... I lost hope for my Singleplayer map editor ....
    * I do not think more will follow this thread now

I am. hopefully they are busy creating another mod version for us. They seem more dedicated to the game than the devs,lol.

I am dreaming of loading single player custom maps straight into the game, playing with editor sux, no takedowns etc