Originally Posted by ilredeiring132 Go to original post
    Connxtion For the last time, we've already talked about the console. I do not mean that your idea is bad, in fact, if you manage to make it work on Console mods you are really great! But I want to say for example the limit of AI on console is just for not to create problems to your console, a PC can easily strain all its power and not create problems, but for a console (xbox or playstation that is) very likely that if you add a number of AI type 200 as tested by me on PC will probably crash risk of creating problems!
    My point of view is that the mods only work well on PC
    Razorfinnish works well on the pc version. There should be a second modder has programs to edit files "FAT and DAT" in order to make them work on XBOX360 or PS3
    I understand that, but the AI limit could have been a safe/can't be arsed checking number, the Xbox could maybe support twice that, I only want about 60/70 AI as that would mean animals & solders to fight without it being a tiny map & over in 2 mins.

I can't extract the file now anyways :-@ the new tools throw out errors due to file names being over 250 characters long, also rml files don't convert to xml , I think this is to do with big endian, need to look & compare PC to Xbox files.

In the end I like tinkering & I want to see if the AI limit is a hardware limit & not just a lack of optimisation & ultimately I want to increase the FPS in SP, personally with everyone now a days trying to get 30fps minimal I find it shocking that they have it at the lower 20fps, could be down to lack of optimisation & time constraints by the publisher.

Originally Posted by Connxtion Go to original post
    I understand that, but the AI limit could have been a safe/can't be arsed checking number, the Xbox could maybe support twice that, I only want about 60/70 AI as that would mean animals & solders to fight without it being a tiny map & over in 2 mins.

I can't extract the file now anyways :-@ the new tools throw out errors due to file names being over 250 characters long, also rml files don't convert to xml , I think this is to do with big endian, need to look & compare PC to Xbox files.

In the end I like tinkering & I want to see if the AI limit is a hardware limit & not just a lack of optimisation & ultimately I want to increase the FPS in SP, personally with everyone now a days trying to get 30fps minimal I find it shocking that they have it at the lower 20fps, could be down to lack of optimisation & time constraints by the publisher.
    However I have a PS3, I tried Far Cry 3 on PS3, I think the limit of AI on ps3 is even less. I can not remember well. If you have a good PC I would recommend the PC version! I now have Far Cry 3 it on the PC and is much better

Maybe add a Liza AI bot?

Heads up: paragliders work in MP, and will be included in 1.01.

@Connxtion Well, you need to get a bit more specific for files

Hey Razor!

Just wondering I've made a MAP and your MOD is working awesomely just I have Tigers and Sharks in it and I cbf getting rid of them all is there a ETA when Animals will be in it and I can verify it with Animals I'm looking forward to being able to use Jet Skis, Animals on my maze map I'm making for Private Matches with friends.

Originally Posted by razorfinnish Go to original post
    Heads up: paragliders work in MP, and will be included in 1.01.

@Connxtion Well, you need to get a bit more specific for files
    Hey razor,

you mind if you add a Liza AI Bot?
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by farcryfan91 Go to original post
    no not dumb. its actually convincing me to just get a pc. consoles are the downfall to gaming now for me. i want more expansion and mods but microrough doesnt allow that and the online payment is getting stupid when it cant even be as expansive as pc and as free to play online. trust me, when showing what you can do with computers and games, youre actually convincing console players to switch to pc. it may be a bit expensive to get a pc up and running to play certain games but in the long run its probably better than just buying a game console
    yea but the intention of this thread is not to sell PC copies of the game and have to wade through posts by console users who still don't get these mods won't ever be available on Xbox.

RazorFinnish
    I have another question for you, this very important about graphic effects,
    Singleplayer playing Far Cry 3 can be seen, especially in the missions, the lights that have the options enabled about shadows. For example, the mission of the Doctor. when you go to the upstairs room where there is a blonde girl you can see a light that casts shadows. You can also import these types of lights with shadows enabled in the editor maps?

Thanks You!

Originally Posted by Psycold Go to original post
    yea but the intention of this thread is not to sell PC copies of the game and have to wade through posts by console users who still don't get these mods won't ever be available on Xbox.
    This.

Originally Posted by ilredeiring132 Go to original post
    RazorFinnish
    I have another question for you, this very important about graphic effects,
    Singleplayer playing Far Cry 3 can be seen, especially in the missions, the lights that have the options enabled about shadows. For example, the mission of the Doctor. when you go to the upstairs room where there is a blonde girl you can see a light that casts shadows. You can also import these types of lights with shadows enabled in the editor maps?

Thanks You!
    At some point I will, yes. Top priority at the moment is getting custom co-op maps working though (And they are working to some extent already!)