Mod Request Thread

Mod Release/Technical Help Thread Here

Please check at least the first post of that thread before posting! What you want may very well be modded already!

Anyways, I'd be grateful if someone could find the texture used for the camera overlay and remove the "gamey" elements from it (i.e. the icon key on the top and the control key on the bottom).

Thanks.

UPDATE: If you're coming to this mod looking for a crafting or economy overhaul, check out my changes to them here. Definitely changes the gameplay significantly for me (feels like hunting rather than grinding, though).

Credit to inakrin for finding the variable and gibbed for the tools!

HERE'S THE QUICK AND DIRTY FOR MAKING YOUR OWN COMPILATION:

1. Download the latest mod tools here and add all the files inside to your "bin" folder

2. Find your patch.dat (there's also a patch.fat which is important) in the "data_win32" folder. Open that folder in a second window so the "bin" folder is still open.

3. Drag and drop patch.dat onto the file "Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack.exe". A new folder will be created in data_win32 called "patch_unpacked".

4. Add the files from all the mods you want to the patch_unpacked folder, then rename patch_unpacked to "patch".

5. Drag and drop the "patch" folder onto "Gibbed.Dunia2.Pack.exe" in your bin folder. You now have a new patch.dat and patch.fat. You can delete the old ones before you do this step if you want a backup.

6. Profit.

Cool, a request thread. Most of what I want has been released or is being worked on, but there is one more I'd like to see. Would someone be able to make so the radio towers reveal the map, but do not make weapons free? I'd prefer to work for them, rather than having all the north island ones before even meeting the good doctor.

Also, if at all possible, a better save system. At the very least the ability to use more slots so I can save before missions I like. True quick save would be a dream come true.

working on removing free weapons from radio towers. i absolutely can't stand that.

tchNL's Avatar Junior Member
    Any chance for a mod that increases range from where enemies appear and bullets register?

The only mod I want is a mod that restores Jason's model back to the default because I unlocked the warrior pack but absolutely HATE the tattoo now on his right arm because of it. I found some files marked " Jason Arms " when I unpacked it under UnPacked\fc3_main\graphics\__fc3_graphics\_common\ _textures\characters\unique\jason

But I don't know if any of those arms are for the right tattoo arm or not, there's three files. Jasonarms_dirty_d.xbt, jasonarms_m.xbt and jasonarms_n.xbt ... which I can only assume are his arms when he's dirty, arms when he's not wearing the disguise and the disguise arms... there's also a file for sam's goatee... which is a wtf moment in itself that it's in there at all ... he needs a seperate file for the goatee on his face?

Oh, here's one that some people might like. I know the mini map has been removed, but perhaps we could keep just the compass functionality, and replace the big round minimap with a graphic that looks like a modern compass. Might experiment with some of this myself if I have time over the next few weeks.

Is there a way to remove the texture of those green ugly mountains on the horizon? It kinda spoils the desolation feeling...

Originally Posted by jkruse05 Go to original post
    Oh, here's one that some people might like. I know the mini map has been removed, but perhaps we could keep just the compass functionality, and replace the big round minimap with a graphic that looks like a modern compass. Might experiment with some of this myself if I have time over the next few weeks.
    While having a compass in this game would be nice, it would almost make one of the current problems even worse, namely that the sun moves the wrong way in-game. So I can't tell if a compass would help or hurt. Doubt a modder can fix the sun direction problem so hopefully Ubisoft fixes that rather embarrassing oversight...

Yeah, that's right... the sun moves west to east... Herp derp.

Reposting here:

Would someone please combine:
    Leech's attachment mod (http://tinyurl.com/bkn2a9z)
    Khenaz's better sights mod (http://tinyurl.com/axgvl2d)
    and
    Haoose's hardcore hud mod (http://rghost.net/41928486)

Like I said, I'm picky and part of that is wanting the minimap to be there as a road map, just not some godly GPS that notifies you of where boxes of money are, and relics that have been there for hundreds of years by walking within 15 feet of them.

Thank you in advance

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Reopened thread

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... Last ►►