Far Cry 3 Texture Pack

Texture pack merged with other mods/tweaks. See the "readme" file:

http://www.2shared.com/file/dShhMoiP...ure_pack.html?

This version contain textures only:

http://www.2shared.com/file/f3DFStU6...tures_on.html?

Readme:

- Texture pack for FC3 -
    =================

- Features:

- It contains 2048 and 1024 res textures. Number of changed textures is not big so it will not overload your VRAM.
    - They are the same like vanilla except 3 Sky textures which are completely new.
    - Resolution is increased, color is a little bit changed so that roads don't look pink and clouds are not completely white.
    - Also brightness is decreased because some textures are abnormally bright; sand beach for example.

- I didn't test all textures through entire game, so if you find some anomalies please report.
    ================================================== ==================================

- Installation:

- Put into Far Cry 3 main folder and overwrite.
    - But first backup original files.
    - Mod is compatible with 1.03 patch.
    ================================

- Credits:

- This mod is merged with with:

- All Attachments
    - Better Sights
    - HUD mod compilation
    - No Objective
    - No stealth indicators
    - No Highlight
    - No Wallhack
    - Weapons Ballistics

- So thanks to the gentlemen who created them: Kyodan, Tom, Khenaz, Haoose, Sporkington, Samuraiogc123, Fnx, ccurtis20...
    - And of course big thanks to Rick!
    ================================================== =============================
    This is a small mod so don't expect big changes, and honestly this game has pretty good textures. I have tweaked textures that annoys me, like abnormally bright sand beach or totally white clouds. Some vegetation is also improved and color is changed so that it doesn't look all the same.

Pics:

Hmmm looks interesting. Gonna test.

however, the high-res textures in this game are generally fine. It's the long distance LOD that bugs me - now that could certainly use some spicing up.

P.S. Oh yeah, I noticed you've used my compilation to put together the mods. And didn't mention it anywhere.

I have mostly changed things that irritates me like super-bright textures. I cannot stand that.

This also can be improved with lighting tweaks.

BTW, I noticed you still have DOF on. My advice would be to turn it off for a big increase in graphics quality over long distances. At least try it out.

Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Hmmm looks interesting. Gonna test.

however, the high-res textures in this game are generally fine. It's the long distance LOD that bugs me - now that could certainly use some spicing up.

P.S. Oh yeah, I noticed you've used my compilation to put together the mods. And didn't mention it anywhere.
    Just because he used mods in your compilation doesn't mean he got them from you.

S.T.A.R.A.C. made the compilation by himself, just because the contents are the same doesn't mean he took yours.

BTW, I noticed you still have DOF on. My advice would be to turn it off for a big increase in graphics quality over long distances. At least try it out.
    Guess that's your preference. I prefer to leave it on.

I did that and it effects my performance negatively.

And you do know that for this game all good mods must be merged.

Just because he used mods in your compilation doesn't mean he got them from you.
    +1

Originally Posted by COWENS369 Go to original post
    For instance, the DLL files are the ones that I hexedited, right down to modification time tags.

Originally Posted by S.T.A.R.A.C. Go to original post
    And you do know that for this game all good mods must be merged.
    Indeed. However, when I did it I credited everyone involved. Moving on...

I did that and it effects my performance negatively.

Weird because normally the DOF actually decreases performance, and you've got performance surplus anyway if you go for enlarged textures. Removing DOF is very good for long-range detail.

Anyway, I tried your mod and it crashes my game. The trouble is with the patch files, the DLLs are fine (as they should be, since I had made them myself).

Wow. Excellent work, S.T.A.R.A.C!! Very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... Last ►►