Activation code already in use.

Hey, after my Hard drive died I tried launching ACB from my steam, entered my Cd key and I got a message saying "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support." I clearly purchased the game because it's on my steam and I only have one Uplay account. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi, activation keys can only be used once, you need to sign in with the Uplay account you used to originally activate the game.

Thank you for the fast reply! but as I said originally I only have one Uplay account so it's impossible, also it seems that every game I had on my Uplay account is not saved on there anymore.

Did you purchase it through Steam or Ubishop? You should be able to re-download your already activated games from whatever system you bought it from (Steam/Uplay).

I had a failed HDD and fortunately I was able to re-download one game from Steam and another from Uplay.

I purchased the game through Steam, and I have re-downloaded the game however when I click the game Uplay launcher opens and requests a Cd Key. The problem is that Uplay for some reason doesn't recognize that I've already activated the game, Thanks.

Be sure you open the game via Steam, and not via the launcher itself. Steam will open Uplay launcher for you and it shouldn't ask for a cd key anymore then.

I do, when I launch the game via Steam Uplay launches and asks for a Cd Key, Thanks for the help.

I actually have no idea why that happened to you.

I am a Steam user myself, my Hard Drive was damaged in someway so I had to fully delete all I had on my computer (same as you) but when I downloaded AC:B again it worked without the requirement of CD-Key. Are you a mac user / windows user?

Yes this is certainly strange, this is the third computer I've had and have had no problems re-installing the game until now, it was fine until one of my Hard Drives failed I really don't know why this is happening it seems like all of my purchases have disappeared. I'm using Windows 7 do you need anything else?

Honestly I don't really care about ACB, I really just want to find a fix just in case this happens when I buy AC 3. Thanks to everyone who is taking the time to help!