🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Originally Posted by hwfanatic Go to original post
    HighLightColor
    Thanks for that
    I modifed the wallhack first then saved and booted up the game and then realised each time I do this the game overwrites the FC3.dll file so I set it to Read only.
    When I couldn't find the hex values again I realised after posting I'd not set the search direction to All, which is why I couldn't find the hex values again and assumed they'd changed.
    Sorry for my haste.

Still, better to mention the text string as well as the hex.

So on changing those hex values, you're changing the first HighLightColor2 to HighLightColor. and the second HighLightColor. to HighLightColor2. Don't just search the text string though because there are a few "HighLightColor" and you don't want to be changing those.

For me, the wall hack doesn't seem to work. Once I've used the camera I can still see body silhouettes through walls.

Originally Posted by tom.solo Go to original post
    .feu is a binary flash ui format. Editing as binary like pain of hell...
    ****. So not as easy as modding Far Cry 1 then....

Hey guys, I need some help.. I've seem to run into some kind of issue.. =/

Okay, so I downloaded HxD Hex Editor and easily found the line of code that I needed to replace... I replaced the line with the new one... and from what I've read t hat is ALL I need to do...

However, when I go into the game loot boxes/bodies are still flashing. Nothing has changed at all.... First I thought that it probably didn't save and just reverted back to the orig file, but it didn't and the new line ending in 32 is there in the file like it should be, I'm certain of it...

So if my game is 100% running the new line of code I replaced , why are things still blinking?

I'm certain that its there

Please help.. I'm trying to get stoned and play this tonight and blinking bodies pretty much ruins this game for me because it looks ****ing silly =/

Hey never mind guys... I figured it out... apparently I was running the game using the regular Farcry3.exe, not the dx11.exe... so once I used the correct launcher the blinking is gone..

Great little mod man, thanks! And hopefully these **** game devs figure out that noob - friendly, ****** proof easy mode blinking/hold my hand through things is NOT what anyone wants.

Every game for have a mode thats for like little kids so things blink and its easy, then there should be the normal version for intelligent adults that can read and understand how to loot bodies without yellow blinking lol

gg

Originally Posted by forthegz Go to original post
    Hey never mind guys... I figured it out... apparently I was running the game using the regular Farcry3.exe, not the dx11.exe... so once I used the correct launcher the blinking is gone..

Great little mod man, thanks! And hopefully these **** game devs figure out that noob - friendly, ****** proof easy mode blinking/hold my hand through things is NOT what anyone wants.

Every game for have a mode thats for like little kids so things blink and its easy, then there should be the normal version for intelligent adults that can read and understand how to loot bodies without yellow blinking lol

gg
    I didn't know there was second .exe for Dx11. So what's the difference running Farcry3.exe with Dx11 settings and running from the Farcry3_d3d11.exe?

As for the hex hack I just thought you were meant to make the .dll files Read Only to keep your changes. Works for me.

Cannot find the line

Oh cool, I can use this while connected online

I download hxd and it says it cant find the highlight code and i belive i have it updated to the latest patch.

Originally Posted by Darklion0 Go to original post
    I download hxd and it says it cant find the highlight code and i belive i have it updated to the latest patch.
    In the search box make sure you have "All" selected for the search direction and to make sure you didn't include a typo in the search copy the below and paste it into the "search for" box and that you also changed "Datatype" to Hex-values.

If you still can't find it try searching for the text string HighLightColor2, check the hex values on the left to make sure this is the right string. You're changing HighLightColor2. to HighLightColor.. And changing the one below this, HighLightColor.. to HighLightColor2.

From: 48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 32 00 48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 00
    To: 48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 00 00 48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 32

When you save the .dll, right click it and the properties make it Read Only, otherwise the game will overwrite your changes.

how can you carry more then 10,000? i have all the crafting and i can cary only up to 10,000

Originally Posted by tomer80 Go to original post
    how can you carry more then 10,000? i have all the crafting and i can cary only up to 10,000
    i plan releasing a new thing