gabrocccky's Avatar Junior Member
    I finished the game twice on the hardest difficulty and once on medium. always finished that mission on the first run.

I've read elsewhere that there could be an anti-cheat mechanic in the game that makes this mission impossible if you're using a trainer.

I don't know if that's true, but I have had it happen to me when I wasn't using a trainer.

I was using the mod "Far Cry 3 Rebalanced" and this mission was impossible.

I tried it 10-15 times and the chopper kept getting shot down on the second pass over the town.
    Each time, I would get hit with RPGs by guys off the screen and there wasn't anything I could do to prevent it.

Then I watched some videos of people getting past the mission and it was VERY different for them.
    Times where I got hit by RPGs every single time, it missed them.

For example, after leaving the town and turning around, you pass a small area with buildings (after the jeep, bridge, and boat). There's a guy with an RPG standing on top of a cargo container to the far "left" of the town. When I was playing, he would ALWAYS hit me from off-screen before I had a chance to shoot him. In the videos of people passing the level, he misses. When the chopper got hit by RPG fire in the video, it took off a small fraction of its' "life." When I got hit, each hit took off about 1/4 of the chopper's life. Same thing happened while flying over the town a second time - I always got hit and destroyed while in the video, RPGs frequently missed.

I removed the mod, tried it again and passed it on the first attempt.

Butcherbird59's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Beastt_MoFo Go to original post
    i can not pass it, ive tired 300 *removed swear word* times,....
    is there a glitch with this mission ? on pc.
    The finest mission of all ..
    .. but make sure your hardware is up to it - you need to be quick and look ahead too (spin your head)! The second airfield run ... take all trucks out (explosions) and watch RPGs from the ground (incoming punks/cars) .. be faster killing them or they get you

Originally Posted by Isot0pe11 Go to original post
    I tried it 10-15 times and the chopper kept getting shot down on the second pass over the town.
    Each time, I would get hit with RPGs by guys off the screen and there wasn't anything I could do to prevent it......
    As above - they're not off screen but at the very corner of the side either right or left - target left side (approaching) truck/sheds/ incoming humvees before they're up in the turret/RPG and keep an eye on the right (leaving) side for boats an helicopters. Your head spins like a lighthouse lantern.

when i first did this mision I found it impossible. Then I watched a guy on youtube doing it and noticed something he did different. I was blowing up the builidings and trucks and everything thinking the explosions would kill everyone, but....they didn't. What he did was to only shoot the people and leave the buildings, etc. alone. Once I did that it was easy. The explosions hide the RPG guys and you can't see where to shoot to get them if all the flames and smoke are around. However they have no problem seeing you apparently. Try it.
    There is an RPG on the roof of the lower set of buildings (actually it's a container, I think) that should be taken out while flying by there.

Seriously...

I have tried this mission every way I can think of. I have failed at least 50 times and every single time I fail almost immediately following the first bridge.

I've tried shooting buildings, I've tried shooting RPG guys, I've got no cheats or trainer going. I've tried it on every difficulty.

How the hell can you get past this mission when you get blown up by things you have a 0% chance of protecting against?

I cannot for the life of me understand why any mission would be made this difficult. I've been gaming since 1990 and in all of the time I've not come across any other game that is properly build that have completely impossible missions.

How the hell was this never patched? There's absolutely no excuse for it. Ubisoft clearly doesn't care, or they'd have done something about it. I can't fathom the reasoning behind it. It's bad service to your customer base, and it's worse service to people who you expect to buy your next game.

There is a 0% chance I'll buy FC4 due to the insanity that this mission alone holds.

I've even started a new game, with no "cheats" all the way to that mission and get the exact same results. I never get any further than immediately following the first bridge, as soon as I get close to the airfield I get hit by rockets coming from everywhere with no way to defend against them, and no way to kill the guys shooting them before they launch them.

It's things like this that make me stop buying ANY of your products.

Butcherbird59's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Bremlen Go to original post
    I have tried this mission every way I can think of. I have failed at least 50 times and every single time I fail almost immediately following the first bridge........
    If I recall right after the first bridge you approach a ship container at the other side of the river let alone the Jeep on the bridge carrying a RPG too - there is a RPG (on top) waiting for ya IF you're not quick enough to take him out first.. same for the airport where about 3+ RPGs are waiting (on Master). Just be quicker at the trigger and the mission is a piece of cake. Same for a few helis and vessels on the river.

It's fun time

Aazhyd's Avatar Junior Member
    It's pretty tough, yes. I managed to do it in about 10 tries and I still have the feeling I was lucky. Key is indeed to focus on the RPG's. At first I kept trying to hit as much buildings as possible, but although spectacular, it does close to nothing in winning the mission. Try shooting the RPG's as soon as possbile, the key area is the second time you fly over the airport. After that, you still have to take out a few helicopters that chase you, but that's not anywhere near as hard.

The missions that come after this are just plain dull and the entire campaign is finished pretty soon.

I've got a solution for you and it goes like this:

i can not pass it, ive tired 300 *removed swear word* times, my chopper gets killed / blown up by people that arn't even on screen yet ! its *removed swear word* annoying and makes me want to uninstall this game !

all you need to do is this little trick I learned through years of gaming and these kind of glitches, even if you have a super computer and the game works just fine, just go ahead to the video quality settings and set everythin to lowest possible especially the resolution.. you'll definitely notice a difference in gameplay and you'll get through that tricky part.

i can not pass it, ive tired 300 *removed swear word* times, my chopper gets killed / blown up by people that arn't even on screen yet ! its *removed swear word* annoying and makes me want to uninstall this game !

I also had problems finishing this mission. What I did on my last run: I left some mines behind in the area of where the first vehicles appear after you take off. Felt like that took off some of the initial damage load.

This mission is literally impossible

Why did they make this mission so hard. I tried everymode and it made no difference.every video i have seen of people playing this they have like 3 rpg dudes firing at them and when i play theres like 50 and i cant even shoot half of them. This is the first time in this game that i have actually had trouble and i hate it>