Warrior difficulty, made it on first try. I guess it might be a bug with your game.

Ravenear_PL's Avatar Member
    Now i understand:
    - easy dificulity cant be done - helicopter take to much dmg
    I have done it on medium helicopter have taken a lot less dmg(and rpg's missing a lot more) and i used 5 touch of death - syringe. I have done it on 1 try on medium.

Originally Posted by dark_grom Go to original post
    Now i understand:
    - easy dificulity cant be done - helicopter take to much dmg
    I have done it on medium helicopter have taken a lot less dmg(and rpg's missing a lot more) and i used 5 touch of death - syringe. I have done it on 1 try on medium.
    That is possible. They programmed your helicopter like one of the bad guy helicopters and therefore takes more damage in the easy mode. Makes sense.

It's not impossible, but there's not much you can work with. I tried many times and when I finally finished, I wasn't sure what -- if anything -- I'd done differently. It would have been nice if there'd been either an option to save a game or a few more checkpoints. Going all the way back to clearing the airfield gets pretty ****ed tedious after a while, and I play games to have fun!

having same issue, i'm calling bullcrap on this...this is not how it should be ,even on easy.

I did this both on medium and easy. On easy it took me 3 times and on medium it took me twice but that's because I lost concentration when my phone rang so probably could have done it in one even then my heli was on it's last legs

Beast Mofo, I'm feeling ya. It took me a whole lot of tries to finally pass this mission on medium difficulty. I think the main thing I tried to do when I was getting better at it was to go out of my way to blow up as many buildings as possible during the "quiet" moments, because the less buildings you leave standing, the fewer places for rocket launcher guys to shoot from when you make another pass over the same area. So even if a building is where it can't shoot at you, better to blow it up so it's not there on a subsequent pass. You can tell if you have a prayer of passing by how much damage you take early. If you've taken any significant damage early on by the time you get to the rocket launcher guys on top of the buildings, you probably have no chance, but if you've taken very little damage by then you have hope. When you are at that "rocket guys on rooftop" part, definitely shoot at the left edge of your screen where the buildings are coming into view as someone else said. You will blow up buildings as they appear and minimize any damage taken (it did seem to me like guys could still get the occasional hit from offscreen where you couldn't even get a shot at them, though.

SPEKTRE76's Avatar Junior Member
    I got it on my third try. I just strt chopping up the heli's on the airfield and the cuncusions kill the ground enemies. Also try shooting the 'red' barrels, they go boom too.

hdme's Avatar Member
    I'm almost at this part...looking forward to it. NOT lol ! I did disable the alarms when I went through there a while back, hopefully that helps.

Far_Cry2_Fan's Avatar Member
    I guess there's all levels of players.

On my first time through, I made it first pass, I thought if there was any place the devs should have stepped it up a bit it was here, and was sort of dissapointed. Truth be told I got this nasty feeling that beating Hoyt was so easy and now this, that it was an indicator that the devs were either getting tired, or were told to finish up as best they could. In fact the whole second island seems rushed from a content perspective...

Then on the 2nd playthrough it took me 3 tries! in fact every playthrough EXCEPT the first one (that's 5 in total, and I've started #6) it took at least 2 tries.

I argeee with the one poster, start hitting all the aircraft and ground equipment, if you are trying to pick off individual RPG guys with too much focus, you might be giving them enough time to set up near cover, just lay waste and let the lead fall like rain.

On your first pass when you turn back towards the bridge, Riley clearly says "they're on the rooftops", and while that's true, there are also guys between or by the trucks, the sooner you take these out the better off you will be.

On your pass back through the airfield itself, be taking as much ground equipment and tents as possible as Riley has the chopper perpendicular then coming around to squared up with the axis of the field. At this point you should have your gun aiming at the forward limit of it's travel, taking things out using the frame of the gun port as a reference, only swivelling back to take out any you missed, and you should have it. If you AREN'T shooting ahead and continually playing a panicked catchup, I think this might be the thing to fix in your strategy.

All in all I'd say the 2nd Island is weak, dang near lame by comparison to the 1st. The uniformed privateers are a bit more difficult to kill, but if the 1st island taught you anything, is should have been headshots are the best shots.