1. #1

    Ultra-Low Configuration Mod

    As there are tons of threads complaining about bad performance, I thought I'd give a go at creating a ultra low-config mod.

    Changes include;
    • Multiple tweaks to draw distances and LODs
    • Tweaks to PostFX, including totally disabled SSAO and Depth of Field
    • Tweaks to shadows
    • Tweaks to reflections




    I have a 10% to 30% performance boost depending on the area, over the normal "Low" settings.

    Download
    Download Version 1.1

    To use it: Either set all settings to low, or only set the ones you want.

    For example, you can have everything but PostFX running on ultra, but PostFX as low. This setting gives me 20%-40% better performance than true ultra. These figures will change heavily depending on your computer, though.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by razorfinnish Go to original post
    As there are tons of threads complaining about bad performance, I thought I'd give a go at creating a ultra low-config mod.

    Changes include;
    • Multiple tweaks to draw distances and LODs
    • Tweaks to PostFX, including totally disabled SSAO and Depth of Field
    • Tweaks to shadows
    • Tweaks to reflections


    I have a 10% to 30% performance boost depending on the area, over the normal "Low" settings.

    Download

    To use it: Either set all settings to low, or only set the ones you want.

    For example, you can have everything but PostFX running on ultra, but PostFX as low. This setting gives me 20%-40% better performance than true ultra. These figures will change heavily depending on your computer, though.
    I just tried this put the files into E:\steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 3\data_win32 and run the game and nothing changed what did i do wrong ?
    Share this post

  3. #3
    As any one tried this or not i can not get this working .
    Share this post

  4. #4
    IDefectedI's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    497
    Originally Posted by ZipTags Go to original post
    As any one tried this or not i can not get this working .
    Yes gave me 5 -7 extra frames here and there but nothing significant
    Share this post

  5. #5
    VaasCARV3R's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere on the Rook Islands
    Posts
    482
    razorfinnish, what exactly you have edited in the files?

    I'm curious, because I don't want to f**k up my game and start from the beginning second time.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by VaasCARV3R Go to original post
    razorfinnish, what exactly you have edited in the files?

    I'm curious, because I don't want to f**k up my game and start from the beginning second time.
    Just replace the patch.dat/fat with the ones included in my mod. Be sure to backup the originals first.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Thanks but without knowing exactly what you have modified I don't even want to try it.

    Would you please list what changes / modifications you have implemented ?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    In the Video menu (not Video Settings) it still says that SSAO is enabled. I put the files in the data_win32 folder and I don't know if it worked or not.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    you can do more Razorfinnish there is much options
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by MohMurad Go to original post
    In the Video menu (not Video Settings) it still says that SSAO is enabled. I put the files in the data_win32 folder and I don't know if it worked or not.
    It says it's enabled in the menu, but in fact it's not.

    @RogerRamjet77 there is a complete changelog in the OP.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►