Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Basically it screwed over everything. Unlike the previous patch, this one replaces not only the DLL files (hex-editing those was pain enough), but also the patch.dat/fat files, whereby completely removing all mods and requiring to recompile them by hand on the basis of the new patch.dat.

I have plans to do this, but probly not today, as I'm too bummed from work and just want to have some rest.

The patch also doesn't add anything of value to the single player game except fixing a couple of small bugs. The HUD options are severely lacking compared to what the mods offer.

There are a few options how to deal with it until an 1.04 update for the mods comes out:

A) If you run Uplay in offline mode, you can avoid getting "patched" and continue enjoying the fully modded game;

B) If you're already patched, then you can back up the new patch.dat/fat files and replace them with the old modded ones. The game will still work and so will most of the mods.
    You can also use the new HUD options to turn off some of the remaining indicators. Won't get rid of object blinking and wallhack, but the rest will be there.
    I opened up and noticed that the 1.4 patch fat file contains a bunch of new files. But most of the compilation mods have files that can just be dragged and dropped into the new 1.4 patch folder and remaking a new fat/dat file. Like 90% of the compilations mod files aren`t even present in the 1.4 fat so you shouldn`t have any problems updating and getting back the better sights and leechmongers attachments.

Start one! There's already the data wiki for the game available; we can easily modify it to include a database of patches, mods, and tutorials. No need to get a whole custom website.

Hey guys, I don't mean this to be a Mod Request....YET....but I wanted to know if it was possible so I can put it in the request thread. I'd like to see more variation in the animals, so I'm wondering, Can the unique Path of the Hunter animals somehow be made respawnable? For example, I have the ULC which adds white tigers mixed with regular tigers. Would it be possible, say, to add black panthers randomly spawning like leopards? Or Golden Tigers randomly respawn with other tigers? Is this something that could be done with all of the unique animals?

P.S. - Has anyone seen any brown bears yet? I see them in the map editor but not in the SP....

Originally Posted by inakrin Go to original post
    Yeah-yeah-yeah. You did not, you didn't see and you are the saint. And you've never edited nomadobjectstemlpates (=

The only way to lose either music or entire sound content is overload PC with entities. I'd recommend to start new game to fully rebuild the game world.

Well. I recommend starting new game using all these altered mods from the day my mixmod come out.

Alters recommended for new game:
    Recipe and unlockers
    Weapon mods, addins and reskins
    Spawn mods such as returning pirate patrols back on the roads
    I was actually starting a new game, as I noticed there was no music, when escaping at the very beginning. I made a couple of changes to the crafting and weapon mods, maybe I just screwed something up there, but I checked and tried the original mod like 5 times though. Not that big of an issue anyway.

Originally Posted by kie90 Go to original post
    I was actually starting a new game, as I noticed there was no music, when escaping at the very beginning. I made a couple of changes to the crafting and weapon mods, maybe I just screwed something up there, but I checked and tried the original mod like 5 times though. Not that big of an issue anyway.
    i think it got something to do with this new patch as yesterday the car radio music never came on its the first time this has happend so i restart my game and it came back on

Hello.
    I made this changes to the scopes to see better.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zt3bd63k33vshjk

Files must be placed here
    __fc3_graphics\_common\_textures\weapons\_shared

@nicholas_1979Can you post a screenshot?

Hey guys, here is a new and extremely in-depth Realism Mod. It strictly affects weapon behaviour; if you want things like changes to weapon cost, map/hud etc.. you'll have to compile it with other mods manually.

http://www.mediafire.com/?i9chkmbze20vyqm

This mod includes Leechmonger's Attachment mod (modified slightly) and Khenaz' Better Sights mod.

Brief changes:
    All guns have more realistic performance in the game.
    -Damage is based on actual weapon terminal ballistics tests
    -Sway in sights and aiming are factors of the weapon's weight
    -Recoil is a factor related to actual weapon recoil, incorporating bullet weight, powder, velocity, and weight of weapon
    -Accuracy is based on actual Minute of Arc extreme spreads for the most realism
    -Reload time is 25% slower on Assault Rifles, LMG's, and SMG's
    -All weapons have realistic magazine capacities, including with Extended Magazines
    -All weapons have vastly more maximum range
    -Weapons have proper rates of fire (most especially that PKM.)
    -Weapons have a new attachment setup that is a modified version of Leechmonger's attachments mod

Enjoy!

-Deleted

What's the deal with .feu files? Can we edit them or unpack them in any way? Does anyone have a blank one?

Thanks.