Originally Posted by Tals975 Go to original post
    Hey guys, please answer.. Is it possible to install several mods together? How do I do that? I need to keep deleting the old Patch.fat etc to make room for the new one, which makes it disappear.
    Thanks!
    Since it appears nobody feels like helping you I'll try my best.
    First there are two tutorials in the OP however I found they left a little unexplained and to some it may be confusing.
    Here's how I can break it down as simply as possible:

Step 1: Put patch.dat&patch.fat in the folder with Gibbed's tools which can be downloaded from: http://svn.gib.me/builds/dunia2/
    Note: Currently the GUI tools in the OP are out-dated and they are not updated very often. Unless the author starts making more frequent updates I would recommend against using it.
    (To that mod author: please don't take that as an insult as it's not meant to be).

Step 2: Drag patch.fat over Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack.exe. This will create a folder called "patch_unpack

Step 3: Go into patch_unpack/worlds/fc3_main/generated/ and copy the file entitylibrary.fcb and drop it in the folder of Gibbed's tools

Step 4: Drag entitylibrary.fcb over Gibbed.Dunia2.ConvertBinaryObject.exe. This will create a new folder called "entitylibrary_converted". Inside the WeaponProperties/FC3 folder within is where you can modify the gun attributes. They're fairly self explanatory.

As an example of making some modding changes:
    For making the Famas full-auto, open up FAMAS.xml and go to the line that reads:
    quote:

<field name="iBurstLength" type="Int32">3</field>

Change that value to 0 and it will become full-auto.

As for ammo capacity, currently it's not known where the max ammo capacity values for the various ammo pouch sizes are stored, but if you meant the magazine size you can change that with the line that reads:
    quote:

<field name="iAmmoInClip" type="Int32">##</field>

Step 5: When you're done making your changes to any of the files in entitylibrary_converted look for a file that will have been created in the main tools directory called "entitylibrary_converted.xml". Drag this file over Gibbed.Dunia2.ConvertBinaryObject.exe to create entitylibrary_converted.fcb (rename this to entitylibrary.fcb. Now place it in patch_unpack/worlds/fc3_main/generated/ and overwrite the file that's already there.

Step 6: In the main tools directory drag the "patch_unpack" folder over Gibbed.Dunia2.Pack.exe. It will create two files: patch_unpack.dat & patch_unpack.fat. Rename these to patch.dat & patch.fat and put them in the data_win32 directory of your main Far Cry 3 game folder.

--
    Hope that helped. That's just a common set of files to be modified, there's a bunch more than can be unpacked from common.fat/dat and fc3_main.fat/dat.
    You'll encounter other files that get unpacked that take the form of .lib or .obj. You just drag these files over Gibbed.Dunia2.ConvertBinaryObject.exe like you did with entitylibrary.fcb. When done modifying those files drag it back over the exe and it will repack the file but give it the .fcb extension. Just rename the extension to what it's supposed to be.

Also if you make changes from common.dat/fat or fc3_main.fat/dat DON'T repack your changes into those files. Just make the corresponding directory in patch_unpack and do it that way.

For merging mods just make sure you carefully copy the directory structure or it won't work.

For unpacking fc3_main.fat/dat you'll want to have Gibbed's tools in your main C:/ or whatever your drive is directory. The reason is the tool crashes when dealing with that file when in other directories (maybe not always, but it does for me).

I hope that helped you or anyone else that has had trouble creating or merging mods.

----
    For everyone else: Make sure you check out the modding Wiki!
    Haoose revealed how to unlock all the ULC content (including the missions!) by a simple file change. Grab the details at: http://www.modding.fc3wiki.com/Scripts
    Note that he forgot to mention that you can find the file in fc3_main.fat/dat and it belongs in the directory "domino\system".

In fact, I'll just make things easier...
    All ULC Content unlocked (raw format)
    http://rghost.net/42349649

I'll be starting to add to it myself since at this point I'm waiting for Gibbed to finish finding out all the values for nomadobjecttemplates.fcb as well as release his updated Attachments mod (Please release this soon Rick, I'm absolutely dying waiting for it ).

Originally Posted by smashly66 Go to original post
    Adds the ability to map keys in game menu for Crafting Menu, Skill Menu, Rucksack Menu, Handbook Menu, Survival Menu, Quick Save and Quick Load.
    (experimental atm):
    http://www.datafilehost.com/download-3c31fa17.html
    Wait, quickload, does that mean there is a true quicksave/quickload system that just needs to be activated somehow? Because that is by far my most wanted change.

New version of the crafting mod up... Just a few changes to animal types (too many boar/shark skins needed... boring).

http://rghost.net/42349840

Originally Posted by jkruse05 Go to original post
    Wait, quickload, does that mean there is a true quicksave/quickload system that just needs to be activated somehow? Because that is by far my most wanted change.
    Quick Save (F9) and Quick Load (F11) have always been in the game, just the game doesn't tell you about it.
    By default they haven't been added to the mapping menu and don't offer to be mapped.
    That's why I added them to the key mapping menu.

I wouldn't call it a TRUE Quick Save/Load, but it does save you having to go through menus to save/load when your in game

yeah, the current quicksave/quickload is basically the same as the menu save, as far as functionality goes. the quick load will NOT load the most recent "quick" save, it will load the most recent autosave OR quicksave. so if you have a quicksave you want to get back to, but there is a more recent autosave, you have to exit to the menu, click story, then click load, then load the save instead of the autosave. it's not good.

Originally Posted by solecist Go to original post
    yeah, the current quicksave/quickload is basically the same as the menu save, as far as functionality goes. the quick load will NOT load the most recent "quick" save, it will load the most recent autosave OR quicksave. so if you have a quicksave you want to get back to, but there is a more recent autosave, you have to exit to the menu, click story, then click load, then load the save instead of the autosave. it's not good.
    Hmm, odd cause quick load has always loaded my quick/manual save even when my auto save is newer.

Working Version 2 Posts Down

I have had a success unlocking the wingsuit. but it also granted me all but 2 of the skills, crafted half of the bags and gave me 12 health syringes
    i think i know what the problem is, ill test it now

edit2: there is still an error, it grants you 5 health bars
    edit3: i still have the original problem, changing the playerlevel just hid the skill menu from me but i still have a 64 item rucksack

The wingsuit unlocks after the first radio tower when Dennis sends you to get crafting materials

for those of you who were wondering what the problem above was

function export:In()
    local l0;
    l0 = Boxes[GetPathID("Domino/System/IsMissionQuicklaunched.lua")];
    l0._graph = self;
    l0.Out = self.f_7_Out;
    l0:In();
    l0 = self[12];
    l0.FastTravelEnabled = false;
    l0.MissionAbortEnabled = false;
    l0 = Boxes[GetPathID("Domino/System/ProtectedLootItemModifier.lua")];
    l0.LootItemID = {
    section = "Name",
    item = "SHOP_SITEM_NAME_PLANT_CRIMSONLEAF",
    id = "104581",
    };
    l0.RequiredQuantity = 1;
    l0._graph = self;
    l0.Out = self.f_4_Out,self.f_13_Out;
    l0.Out = self.f_13_Out;
    l0:AddProtectedLootItem();
    end;

with the out self here I'm not sure whether its the self.f_13 after the comma on the first out line or the second line that it requires

function export:Scan()
    local l0;
    self:en_6();
    l0 = self[6];
    l0:Scan();
    end;

function export:f_13_Out()
    local l0;
    self = self._graph;
    l0 = Boxes[GetPathID("Domino/System/EnableAbilityUpgrade.lua")];
    l0.pawn = nil;
    l0.Ability = "SP_Wingsuit";
    l0._graph = self;
    l0.Out = self.f_123_Out;
    end;

function export:f_123_Out()
    local l0;
    self = self._graph;
    l0 = Boxes[GetPathID("Domino/System/QuickLaunchPlayerSetup.lua")];
    l0._graph = self;
    l0.Out = DummyFunction;
    l0:PlayerLevel11();
    end;

the playerlevel on the bottom line was 4 when i copied it from jas_170
    i used 11 because it was used in something within jas_080, that fixed the problem

edit4: i misread playerlevel1 as playerlevel11

Originally Posted by dj84722 Go to original post
    I have had a success unlocking the wingsuit. but it also granted me all but 2 of the skills, crafted half of the bags and gave me 12 health syringes
    i think i know what the problem is, ill test it now
    That's great!
    Would you mind posting the unpacked files when you get a chance or when you fix the problem?

Wingsuit Unlocked tested and working version

The wingsuit unlocks after the first radio tower when Dennis sends you to get crafting materials
    you have to load from a save before the start of that mission otherwise it wont work

the problem i had was that i misread the player level in jas_080, its was playerlevel1 not playerlevel11 which caused the main problems.
    when i changed it to playerlevel1 it fixed all but 1 problem, it removed your weapon when it granted the wingsuit, i fixed that by removing the playerlevel command and now it works properly.

enjoy

Edit
    Unpacked Files: http://rghost.net/42350351
    place in: patch\domino\user\fc3\fc3_mainmissions

Edit2
    because i couldn't be bothered to replace the patch version every time there is an update plus I'm not likely to remember anyway i have removed the patch version

All mods should be unpacked...