Originally Posted by ZiggyTouyeul Go to original post
    Would it be possible to put the Ancient warrior knife and Pirate knife as usable melee weapons and obtainable through the shop ? And would it be possible to mimic bullet drop by studying the code used for the arrow drop ? And any progress on how to give NPCs different weapons from their specific categories ? ( For instance give a Heavy Gunner another LMG than the PKM ? )
    the problem with mimicking the arrow drop is that it would undoubtedly cause major performance issues. i'm hoping there is another way.

Originally Posted by inakrin Go to original post
    Well, i'm home and here is "wanted scripts" archive i've promised to upload.

http://rghost.ru/42338327

Let me know if you need any linked files.
    Thanks.

Man these are hard to read, they are generated by a computer from another script system, according to the comments at the top. How much do you understand so far? Help me get a bearing on these.

Originally Posted by dj84722 Go to original post
    Not sure if this in known, but i think i found the command that unlocks the wing suit in:
    \fc3_main\domino\user\fc3\fc3_mainmissions\jas_170 \jas_170_main.jas_170_main.lua

function export:f_13_Out()
    local l0;
    self = self._graph;
    l0 = Boxes[GetPathID("Domino/System/EnableAbilityUpgrade.lua")];
    l0.pawn = nil;
    l0.Ability = "SP_Wingsuit";
    l0._graph = self;
    l0.Out = self.f_5_Out;
    l0:In();
    end;

If I'm right could you make a unlock mod for it?
    I was going to try and unlock the wingsuit myself (looks like you indeed found the correct way), however Gibbed's unpacker always crashes before it's done unpacking everything so I can't access the majority of the mission files.

What someone should do: Take the above code and add it to fc3_main\domino\user\fc3\fc3_mainmissions\jas_080\ jas_080_main.jas_080_main.lua

(Jas_080 is the first mission in the game. It finished after you capture your first stronghold).

Alternatively, if someone doesn't want to try this themselves would someone be willing to send me
    1) fc3_main\domino\user\fc3\fc3_mainmissions\jas_080\ jas_080_main.jas_080_main.lua
    2) c3_main\domino\user\fc3\fc3_mainmissions\jas_170\j as_170_main.jas_170_main.lua
    I'd really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by solecist Go to original post
    the problem with mimicking the arrow drop is that it would undoubtedly cause major performance issues. i'm hoping there is another way.
    Wouldn't the drop be calculated only when the projectile has reached its maximum effective range ?

Mod Feedback Thread Here

Nexus Link Here

New Version Up (1.6)

New version includes better syringe balance, better animal skin price balance, and removal of annoying yellow/red exclamation points in menus.
    Now with bug fixes and completely overhauled crafting design!

http://rghost.net/42902812

-Credit for the modding tools goes to Rick/Gibbed
    -Credit for the initial weapons mod goes to Chorizosss
    -Credit for the initial crafting mod goes to Inakrin

Just let me say at the top that this mod only changes the original crafting system, which is, by nature, completely arbitrary. I would like to make it feel less arbitrary and not grindy. This is where your feedback comes in.

This mod is my own personal attempt to enhance (fix?) these particular systems within Far Cry 3. The skills to grab two plant parts/animal skins at once were utterly pointless in the vanilla version. A number of animal parts were also useless (think crocodile skins). What this mod attempts to do is make hunting/scavenging feel like an integral part of the game rather than an afterthought. In my most recent playthrough with this mod enabled, I'm finding that crafting is a real accomplishment (just got my third holster after during Kicking the Hornets Nest). While it might make the game "harder", it seems that I'm really just paying much more attention to the world. I play with pretty much all aids turned off (UI, item blinking, camera tagging, etc.) so you may have a different experience.

In addition, changes have been made to weapon prices (everything unlocked but nothing for free, better weapons have significantly increased prices, worse ones are generally still low) and animal skin prices (this allows you to hunt for your cash rather than selling random trash).

Here are the crafting changes (not including syringe increases) ->

Holsters -> Each upgrade requires 5 green and 2 red plants, plus (sm) 6 crocs/4 goats (med) 7 bears/3 boars (lg) 8 tigers/2 sharks. Yeah, so not a walk in the park anymore.

Wallet -> Each upgrade requires 7 yellow plants, plus (sm) 4 leopards/sharks (med) 5 crocs/3 pigs (lg) 6 sharks/4 tigers (exlg) 6 buffalo hides and 1 special buffalo hide

Loot -> Each upgrade requires 3 yellow and 2 green plants, plus (sm) 6 deer/2 goats (med) 8 komodos/2 goats (lg) 10 sharks/2 goats (exlg) 5 bear skins and 1 special bear skin

Syringe -> Each upgrade requires 2 red and 2 white plants, plus (sm) 3 dingo/2 dogs (med) 5 tigers/2 tapirs (lg) 7 deer/2 sharks (exlg) 5 leopard skins and 1 special panther skin

Ammo -> Each upgrade requires 4 green and 3 white plants, plus (sm) 3 boars/3 pigs (med) 4 cassowarys/4 komodo (lg) 5 buffalo/5 tapirs (exlg) 5 tigers and 1 special tiger skin

Explosives -> Each upgrade requires 3 blue and 3 white plants, plus (sm) 3 pigs/2 shells (med) 4 dingos/2 shells (lg) 6 buffalos/2 shells (exlg) 6 tapir skins and 1 special tapir skin

Flame tank -> Each upgrade requires 6 blue plants. plus (sm) 2 goats/2 buffalo (med) 4 tapirs/2 buffalo (lg) 6 komodos/2 buffalo (exlg) 4 cassowary skins and 1 special cassowary skin

Throwables - Each upgrade requires 3 green and 4 red plants, plus (sm) 3 dogs/2 goats (med) 4 boars/2 pigs (lg) 5 cassowarys/2 shells (exlg) 6 komodo skins and 1 special komodo skin

Rocket -> Each upgrade requires 4 blue and 2 red plants, plus (sm) 3 pigs/2 dogs (med) 4 dingos/3 turtles (lg) 5 bears/4 goats (exlg) 6 crocodile leathers and 1 special crocodile leather

Arrow Quiver -> Each upgrade requires 4 white plants, plus (sm) 2 goats/2 deer (med) 3 cassowary/3 deer (lg) 4 leopards/4 deer (exlg) 5 shark skins and 1 special shark skin

Notes: The "Extended Rocket Pack" actually exists in this mod. My reasoning for using plant parts is that they're needed to weave together the various bits of animal skin that Jason has acquired. Crocodile skin shows up as "Leather" in-game. Shells from tortoises only, not from sea turtles. This DOES NOT break the tutorial. I highly recommend you go for the first Loot Rucksack upgrade before anything else. Good luck.

I'm looking for feedback, that's the only reason why this thread exists. Wondering if this is too hard for most or just about right. It certainly won't please everyone so that's not my concern. Please actually use it before giving feedback, rather than just by looking at the numbers here.

.Lib files here for those interested (it is very easy to make your own mods, people!) ->

Link to crafting mod .lib files here http://rghost.net/42902814

Originally Posted by inakrin Go to original post
    Well, i'm home and here is "wanted scripts" archive i've promised to upload.

http://rghost.ru/42338327

Let me know if you need any linked files.
    Thank you for this. What folder do these belong in inside the archive?

EDIT: THIS MOD DOES NOT WORK. DON'T BOTHER WITH IT!

Wingsuit & "mod" - Untested

All credit for finding wingsuit unlock goes to dj84722

You'll need to start a new game and complete the first safehouse-unlock mission. Then you should get the wingsuit. This should hopefully work, but I have to run so no time to test it.
    http://rghost.net/42347550

Also includes the features from http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8803139

I'll delete this when i get back if someone tests it and it doesnt work.

Originally Posted by karmakgb Go to original post
    Ok... as requested, here's what I've done with the crafting, specifically:

Holsters -> Each upgrade requires 5 green and 2 red plants, plus (sm) 10 boar skins (med) 10 bear skins (lg) 10 crocodile leathers. Yeah, so not a walk in the park anymore.

Wallet -> Each upgrade requires 7 yellow plants, plus (sm) 6 boar skins (med) 8 crocodile leathers (lg) 10 shark skins (exlg) 4 buffalo hides and 1 special buffalo hide

Loot -> Each upgrade requires 3 yellow and 2 green plants, plus (sm) 8 deer skins (med) 10 komodo skins (lg) 12 shark skins (exlg) 6 bear skins and 1 special bear skin

Syringe -> Each upgrade requires 2 red and 2 white plants, plus (sm) 3 deer skins (med) 6 shark skins (lg) 9 tiger skins (exlg) 5 leopard skins and 1 special panther skin

Ammo -> Each upgrade requires 4 green and 3 white plants, plus (sm) 6 boar skins (med) 8 cassowary skins (lg) 10 buffalo hides (exlg) 4 tiger skins and 1 special tiger skin

Explosives -> Each upgrade requires 3 blue and 3 white plants, plus (sm) 3 pig skins (med) 6 dingo skins (lg) 9 buffalo skins (exlg) 5 tapir skins and 1 special tapir skin

Flame tank -> Each upgrade requires 6 blue plants. plus (sm) 4 goat skins (med) 6 tapir skins (lg) 8 komodo skins (exlg) 3 cassowary skins and 1 special cassowary skin

Throwables - Each upgrade requires 3 green and 4 red plants, plus (sm) 4 dog skins (med) 6 boar skins (lg) 8 cassowary skins (exlg) 3 komodo skins and 1 special komodo skin

Rocket -> Each upgrade requires 4 blue and 2 red plants, plus (sm) 4 pig skins (med) 6 turtle shells (lg) 8 bear skins (exlg) 3 crocodile leathers and 1 special crocodile leather

Arrow Quiver -> Each upgrade requires 4 white plants, plus (sm) 3 goat skins (med) 6 deer skins (lg) 8 leopard skins (exlg) 3 shark skins and 1 special shark skin

Phew... definitely not writing anything about syringes right now, other than the basic medical one is 3 green plants. Going to check if it breaks the tutorial now. Feedback welcome.

UPDATE: It does not break the tutorial. You can't make the syringes or the rucksack but it doesn't matter. He just keeps talking and the mission continues. Sweet...

EDIT: By the way, this mod has made the two-for-one plant skill positively necessary! One of the first I got in my new playthrough. Am dying to get the two-for-one animal skin one too! Gotta make de monies with dat hunting...
    Sounds great. Is there a link for this somewhere?

Hey guys, please answer.. Is it possible to install several mods together? How do I do that? I need to keep deleting the old Patch.fat etc to make room for the new one, which makes it disappear.
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tals975 Go to original post
    Hey guys, please answer.. Is it possible to install several mods together? How do I do that? I need to keep deleting the old Patch.fat etc to make room for the new one, which makes it disappear.
    Thanks!
    If you can't merge the mods yourself, then use one of the compilations. All are listed on the first page.