Found in another forum and archived by me : ( fortunatly for you , i stock everything i see like a little beaver ).

Remove objective reminders

If you want to remove objective reminders , do the following:
    - Get a hex editor, I like HxD and it's free.
    - Open FC3.dll or FC3_d3d11.dll. Make a backup first.
    - Search for hex 4F 00 62 00 6A 00 43 00 6F 00 6E 00 74 00 61 00 69 00 6E 00 65 00 72, or
    look for offset 015D29F0 (FC3.dll) or 015E18F0 (FC3_d3d11.dll), it should say
    O.b.j.C.o.n.t.a.i.n.e.r, replace it with all zeroes.
    - To disable the sounds as well, search for text sndObjectiveUpdatePopup and
    sndLogUpdatePopup, replace those with zeroes.
    - Save.
    - Enjoy.
    Enjoy !

Everybody who make mods should explain a little bit how things are done ... that's beter for the community .

Ceano's Avatar Member
    Thanks Chorizosss

EDIT: You have a sign that should not be in the HEX string (61- )

Originally Posted by Ceano Go to original post
    Thanks Chorizosss

EDIT: You have a sign that should not be in the HEX string (61- )
    My pleasure !

Edit : fixed !

Might not matter at this point but I was thinking it might further cut down on requests in this thread if it was labelled as the "Mod Release/Technical Help" thread that it has become.

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by Ceano Go to original post
    We can no longer play Far Cry 3 with the mods made with game version 1.02, i get a message in UPlay all the time that i need to download the 1.03 patch to be able to play.

I think it is FC3.dll and FC3_d3d11.dll that is the problem.

I'm working on an universal .dll patcher pls patience. 1/2 day

Now that 1.03 has arrived, I am planning to do a repackage of the latest mod compilation. Will be up soon hopefully.

Originally Posted by Chorizosss Go to original post
    Found in another forum and archived by me : ( fortunatly for you , i stock everything i see like a little beaver ).

Remove objective reminders.
    That is only part of the deal. There are more changes to the dlls (e.g. wallhack).

Originally Posted by Leechmonger Go to original post
    There were no file changes in common.fat/dat in Patch 1.03 that anyone cares about, so existing file mods that utilitize patch.fat/dat should work without needing any changes whatsoever.
    Good news, so I will only make the new dll's, patch files can stay the same.

so if for example i take a file in fc3_main/domino/system, then i need to put it into domino/system of the unpacked patch.dat ?

Originally Posted by Leechmonger Go to original post
    There were no file changes in common.fat/dat in Patch 1.03 that anyone cares about, so existing file mods that utilitize patch.fat/dat should work without needing any changes whatsoever.
    wrong!
    new patch 1.03 changes the patch.fat/dat files

Originally Posted by DaniJem Go to original post
    wrong!
    new patch 1.03 changes the patch.fat/dat files
    Um, no. Just verified it: most of the files in the bin folder, including the dll's, have been updated, and thus mods relying on hexing the dlls are gone (wallhack removal, object blinking etc.). However, the patch files were untouched, and mods relying on patch files are all there, working.