1. #611
    Can someone tell me what archive the weapon sounds are in.
    Share this post

  2. #612
    Originally Posted by solecist Go to original post
    does the compilation come with a DLL file? that is the problem, if so. revert to your back-up. you can still use the patch.fat/dat files, but the dll replacements will only work if you're running the same patch (doesn't sound like you are).
    Thanks for this reply, but I don't understand what you mean by 'running the same patch'. When I use the files provided by the mod compilation, the game crashes. What other patch could I use?
    Share this post

  3. #613
    fnx..'s Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    0.80

    Removed auto reload for all weapons
    Realistic range for all weapons
    Increased reload time by slowing animatios
    Increased recoil for all weapons
    Corrected magazine sizes (to match real life counterparts)
    Corrected fire rates (to match real life counterparts)
    More attachments (some weapons have 3 some 2) for balancing reasons

    0.90

    Increased damage for all sniper rifles - one hit kill if hit head or chest
    Increased penetration for all sniper rifles
    Increased shotgun damage by 25% shotguns are now terrifying at close range
    Minor damage improvements for assault ,smgs,pistols
    Increased FOW for all weapons
    Increased reload times for all light machine guns
    Increased draw and holster times for some weapons
    AI now does same damage to you + ai weapons range increased to match players

    http://www.mediafire.com/?8tepy0x9jy52sfr
    Share this post

  4. #614
    Added to compilation:

    Version 1.6:


    Weapons Ballistics by Fnx..
    Unlocked 2nd island weapons by teknogek1300
    Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz
    Beverhund HUD mod compilation
    Leechmongers attachement mod
    KyodanXD Objective icon removal
    object blinking removal by tom.solo
    Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging)


    http://rghost.net/42197973

    Tested it, killing power is evidently increased (killed tiger with 1 shot from Z93). Now to test range.

    Having this power left me uncertain as to whether it is balanced. However, considering that we remove all HUD assists and the enemies get the same upgrades, it will probably be cool. Definitely makes for a more dynamic and deadly game.

    Originally Posted by fnx.. Go to original post
    0.80

    Removed auto reload for all weapons
    Realistic range for all weapons
    Increased reload time by slowing animatios
    Increased recoil for all weapons
    Corrected magazine sizes (to match real life counterparts)
    Corrected fire rates (to match real life counterparts)
    More attachments (some weapons have 3 some 2) for balancing reasons

    0.90

    Increased damage for all sniper rifles - one hit kill if hit head or chest
    Increased penetration for all sniper rifles
    Increased shotgun damage by 25% shotguns are now terrifying at close range
    Minor damage improvements for assault ,smgs,pistols
    Increased FOW for all weapons
    Increased reload times for all light machine guns
    Increased draw and holster times for some weapons
    AI now does same damage to you + ai weapons range increases to match players

    http://www.mediafire.com/?8tepy0x9jy52sfr
    Share this post

  5. #615
    Hey guys, before I ask my dumb question, I just want to say thanks to everyone who's contributed - top work.

    I've applied a bunch of mods so far, which were all hex edits, and have had no issues.

    I'm now at the stage where I'd like to install two specific mods (no minimap and the hardcore v2 mod) but I'm stuck as I'm not sure how to make the game use both patch.dat/.fat files.. Do I need to merge them or something? I've tried searching on here and on google but with little luck. The first post mentions the unpack/repack tools - do I need to use those? Could someone give me some layman instructions? It'd be much appreciated

    Thanks
    Share this post

  6. #616
    Originally Posted by robdood Go to original post
    I'm now at the stage where I'd like to install two specific mods (no minimap and the hardcore v2 mod) but I'm stuck as I'm not sure how to make the game use both patch.dat/.fat files.. Do I need to merge them or something? I've tried searching on here and on google but with little luck. The first post mentions the unpack/repack tools - do I need to use those? Could someone give me some layman instructions? It'd be much appreciated Thanks
    Yes, if you want to use both, you have to merge them, as the game recognises only 1 set of patch files at a time (unlike e.g. Skyrim where you can have tons of different mods concurrently).

    Your first stop may be the compilation collection. See if you find a package to your liking over there. By the sound of it, you may be interested in Beverhund's compilation, which can be accessed separately from the front page, but I would suggest you try other mods as well.

    If you don't find what you want, then use the tools to make your own package. They are relatively simple, basics are described at the first page of this thread, and there's a GUI version now as well.
    Share this post

  7. #617
    Haoose_GP's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Russia [Haoose]
    Posts
    46
    Originally Posted by SinisterKent Go to original post
    I don't think its possible to use multiple mods without using modding tools, which is a shame, maybe there is some programming wizard out there that could create an automated mod manager?? That would be amazing
    There are plans to make a mod manager
    Most likely this week

    Originally Posted by solecist Go to original post
    grab the GUI version of the tools (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8787480), as they're pretty self-explanatory. you just need to extract patch.fat (from your fc3 data_win32 directory) using the tools, then convert entitylibrary.fcb to xml (also using the gui tools) and basically that pile of xml is all the stuff you can mod (mostly limited to weapon properties at the moment).

    things aren't at the "user-friendly" point because the tools are still fairly early in their development. at this point if you're not at least somewhat experienced with this stuff it's just going to be too much. it might be best to wait if the GUI tools are still too difficult.
    Say that in difficult gui? Remake to make it easier)
    Share this post

  8. #618
    Originally Posted by Vetrix2011 Go to original post

    Say that in difficult gui? Remake to make it easier)
    no, no. what i meant was that IF the GUI is too difficult for you, you might want to wait. the GUI is definitely not difficult, at least by my standards.
    Share this post

  9. #619
    Hi guys. In next version of attachment mod, is there chance to add silencers for shotguns ? I just noticed that in multiplayer you can attach a silenced for a model 1887. It would be cool to add silencer for a M133.

    Oh and btw, is where i can find those compilation mods separate? I don't want to add everything from those compilations.
    Share this post

  10. #620
    tchNL's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10
    Question about weapon ballistics mod:

    Does this make it so that 1-2 bullets to chest or so are deadly? So that it will give more of a realistic gameplay?
    Share this post