Originally Posted by ChiConspiracy Go to original post
    I have accomplished....
    That sounds really cool, I think it would make the game more fun, except the AI seems to cheat a lot. They can spot you way too easy at times, and often seem to know your precise location and hit you accurately even when they should only have a general idea where a shot came from. And their accuracy seems way too good, they seem to hit really well even from long distances. It sounds like it could be annoying to get dropped in a single burst from an enemy that shouldn't even know where you are exactly.

If you want to discuss modding (development, creation, etc, not requests!) in real-time, there is an IRC channel: #dunia on synIRC or via Mibbit. Repo commit messages are also announced there.

Originally Posted by Platform2501 Go to original post
    That sounds really cool, I think it would make the game more fun, except the AI seems to cheat a lot. They can spot you way too easy at times, and often seem to know your precise location and hit you accurately even when they should only have a general idea where a shot came from. And their accuracy seems way too good, they seem to hit really well even from long distances. It sounds like it could be annoying to get dropped in a single burst from an enemy that shouldn't even know where you are exactly.
    this is exactly the opposite of my experience. the game is extremely easy even on warrior difficulty.

Originally Posted by Leechmonger Go to original post
    If you want to discuss modding (development, creation, etc, not requests!) in real-time, there is an IRC channel: #dunia on synIRC or via Mibbit. Repo commit messages are also announced there.
    Oh neat, thanks

Originally Posted by solecist Go to original post
    this is exactly the opposite of my experience. the game is extremely easy even on warrior difficulty.
    Exactly. My personal "realistic range and damage for all weapons" mod has been extremely fun. I have to hit and fade. If I just standoff and use a sniper rifle, I run the risk of getting killed now, instead of ineffectively shot at by the enemy. Rather than cheating, I'm usually killed when I make a tactical blunder, and I deserved it. No more miracle drug injection + sprint to safety.

Just a quick FYI

A few pages back, someone asked about tweaking the weapon FOV, so that weapons aren't quite so in-your-face. There is a variable for each weapon in 19_WeaponProperties.xml called "fNearFovDegrees." Default is 65 for most of the weapons. I've found increasing it to between 75-85 feels a bit more comfortable. Exact number depends on the weapon type. 80-85 feels nice for pistols, 75 for smgs and rifles, etc. There are also fov, and near fov variables for ironsights and what look like the attachments, but I haven't really had much success tweaking them.

Originally Posted by fnx.. Go to original post
    mini weapons mod

Removed auto reload for all weapons
    Realistic range for all weapons
    Increased reload time by slowing animatios
    Increased recoil for all weapons as i wanted battlefield 2 feel
    Corrected magazine sizes (to match real life counterparts)
    Corrected fire rates (to match real life counterparts)
    More attachments (some weapons have 3 some 2) for balancing reasons

http://www.mediafire.com/?426km590khs6ryf

this is not final version i will continue to improve and bring new features

Nice one dude!!
    Finally I gonna be able to actually snipe.
    It'll be like Arma 2: Finding a good firing position, execute the shot, and get out of the place undetected. XD
    Just waiting for it to get into the main mod compilation, without minimap,etc... XD

I hope for a realistic damage system for humans and animals, specially with one-shot-kill on the torso for humans without body armor, and one-headshot kill against the super magical animals,especially the **** tigers. LOL!

Keep the good work guys. I wouldn't be playing the game anymore if I had to play without these awesome mods! XD
    Really, now the game is saved from being another boring FPS for kids who can't play without help. LOL!

Originally Posted by golgo13_338 Go to original post
    Really, now the game is saved from being another boring FPS for kids who can't play without help. LOL!
    Dude, speak for yourself. This game is far from being "another boring FPS for kids" imo, and I've had/am having the most fun I've had in years in an FPS with this game. Modded or unmodded.

BTW, has anybody created a compilated of the mini weapons mod + attachements + no hud and the rest, yet?

Originally Posted by golgo13_338 Go to original post
    Keep the good work guys. I wouldn't be playing the game anymore if I had to play without these awesome mods! XD
    Agreed. I too am waiting for the realistic weapons mod. Only thing is tho... Anyone find a way to fix the LOD at long range? And even if the weapon ranges are increased to their realistic range, is it going to be possible to see anyone at 1000 yards? I am having difficulty even seeing guys at 300M...

Originally Posted by Payne530 Go to original post
    Anyone find a way to fix the LOD at long range? And even if the weapon ranges are increased to their realistic range, is it going to be possible to see anyone at 1000 yards? I am having difficulty even seeing guys at 300M...
    This is the one thing I am hoping to get fixed. I'm looking for variables in files left and right - I'd say this one thing will make me very happy and will actually result in me playing the game in a long stretch for once (haha).