🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Originally Posted by Judge051 Go to original post
    Has anyone figured a way to remove the texture of those green mountains on the horizon?
    What are you talking about? Why would anyone want to remove it?

Also, if you haven't tried removing the DOF, do it. Will do a lot towards making you like those mountains.

Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Added to the new compilation:

Version 1.5:

Unlocked 2nd island weapons by teknogek1300
    Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz
    Beverhund HUD mod compilation
    Leechmongers attachement mod
    KyodanXD Objective icon removal
    object blinking removal by tom.solo
    Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging)

http://rghost.net/42177882

WARNING: Will severely reduce incentive to play as all new weapons are FREE/OWNED

Personally I am torn between desire to use new guns and desire to progress in the game as originally intended. I'd probably prefer if the new weapons were available but at their full price, and not owned straight away.

Send info if any issues encountered.
    Would you mind telling me what files it was that includes the 2nd island unlocks? I unpacked the .fat file but I couldn't figure out which file made the changes. I'd really appreciate it.

tchNL's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by RustyRampRade Go to original post
    And the police cant forbid you to shoot a puppy, doesn't mean we should go shoot puppies.
    Uhm yes then you will be charged with animal cruelty(unless this was self-defense).

You are asking if we were allowed. We are allowed.

the problem with mod requests is that most of them are just impossible and silly and end up cluttering the thread. even the reasonable requests aren't necessarily possible right now; the tools are still very much unfinished. if you want a specific mod, you should give it some time. when new things become possible they'll be mentioned for sure.

Originally Posted by Vetrix2011 Go to original post
    Hi
    Not need to select a folder entitylibrary_converted
    Just need to select a one file entitylibrary_converted.xml
    I tried doing that the first few times and the tool kept crashing. But after fishing through 30+ pages I noticed someone else had the same problem and fixed it by removing the word conveted from the folder and the file and the tool created an fcb. Thanks for the reply brother.

Originally Posted by jketiynu Go to original post
    Would you mind telling me what files it was that includes the 2nd island unlocks? I unpacked the .fat file but I couldn't figure out which file made the changes. I'd really appreciate it.
    Unlocks + attachments:

entitylibrary.fcb
    shoppingitems.lib
    shopsubscategory2.lib

BTW I think it's more enjoyable to have these weapons unlock as purchasable in stores, not outright owned. Otherwise takes the fun out.

fnx..'s Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Looks interesting, but how about more details? Maybe a link to the readme with all the changes listed? E.g.:

- what do you mean by "realistic range" (more range, less range, trajectory drop, etc.), in relation to each weapon?

- does removal of automatic reload apply to bolt-action rifles and grenade launchers?

- how are your changes to attachments compared to the existing attachment mods: do they just increase the number of slots, or actually allow new attachments like silencers etc.?

Also, if you're doing a "weapon realism" mod have you considered giving some guns more power so that it doesn't take half a drum of machine gun bullets to kill a tiger?
    vanilla m700 range is 170 metres with mod range is 1000 metres as it is in real life, all weapons have been adjusted range,fire rate,recoil,auto reload to mach real life weapons ,auto reload removed for all weapons and launchers , i can't edit bullet drop for now because there are no values in weapons files ,as for damage i think 2 bullets to kill in chest is good

Originally Posted by tchNL Go to original post
    Uhm yes then you will be charged with animal cruelty(unless this was self-defense).

You are asking if we were allowed. We are allowed.
    If you shoot your dog and bury it and nobody hears or sees it, nobody is going to care. Same with if your dog runs away and gets hit by a truck, the truck driver isn't charged with vehicular manslaughter is he?

Either way, this is off topic as all get out.

Originally Posted by RustyRampRade Go to original post
    If you shoot your dog and bury it and nobody hears or sees it, nobody is going to care. Same with if your dog runs away and gets hit by a truck, the truck driver isn't charged with vehicular manslaughter is he?

Either way, this is off topic as all get out.

Durp durp, one is an accident, the other is murder. Yes, it's illegal to murder your dog. Probably should have hit up a quick Google search before posting

Originally Posted by tom.solo Go to original post
    The good news is: these values is floats:
    Code:
          <field name="iAccuracy" type="BinHex">6</field> //float
          <field name="iDammage" type="BinHex"8</field>  //float
          <field name="iRange" type="BinHex">3</field> //float
          <field name="iFireRate" type="BinHex">7</field> //float
          <field name="iHandling" type="BinHex">7</field> //float
          <field name="iStarRating" type="BinHex">4</field>  //float
          <field name="iStarRatingBonus" type="BinHex">00000000</field> //0

Is it possible to change one variable but leave the rest as default? I guess a better question would be:
    How does this work?