Originally Posted by razorfinnish Go to original post
    If you try to open the tools up without giving them any input; they will tell you how to use them.
    I`m not sure I understand what you are saying here. I`m using the gui tools and I can unpack a a patch files and I can convert the fcb to xml which makes a folder with all the xml files in it. Now before I can repack and make a new fat and dat I need to convert the xml falder back to a fcb and the gui tool has the option to convert them back BUT you cannot select the entire folder to convert back. I tried converting just one file from the folder back to fcb and the tool threw an error.

the farcry 2 tools were a little easier to use because the archive veiwer could open and extract the files and after you edited them you just used the mod packer to remake the fat and dat and you were done. Unless there is something I am missing with converting the entitylibrary back to fcb format, I have no idea to go about getting a mod finished.

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm no good with forums. Is there a way to edit the value of loot, so that money is much harder to come by? Also, know any good Hex to English translators so I can work this .dll out?

Originally Posted by VladimirSS525 Go to original post
    Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm no good with forums. Is there a way to edit the value of loot, so that money is much harder to come by? Also, know any good Hex to English translators so I can work this .dll out?
    This is the correct place. I think those values can be changed in "shoppingitems.lib"

Started a Mod Request Thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Request-Thread

We'll see if it catches on. If not, well... guess you'll have to deal with people requesting in the only Mod thread.

fnx..'s Avatar Member
    mini weapons mod

Removed auto reload for all weapons
    Realistic range for all weapons
    Increased reload time by slowing animatios
    Increased recoil for all weapons as i wanted battlefield 2 feel
    Corrected magazine sizes (to match real life counterparts)
    Corrected fire rates (to match real life counterparts)
    More attachments (some weapons have 3 some 2) for balancing reasons

http://www.mediafire.com/?426km590khs6ryf

this is not final version i will continue to improve and bring new features

Originally Posted by fnx.. Go to original post
    mini weapons mod

Nice, but does it also affect the AI?

can you give me a example plz , not a problem if looks totally crappy , i can disable object in game ? like trees ....

Originally Posted by adarwinter Go to original post
    ALSO-
    is it possible to make the white detection markers disappear WITHOUT making the red hit detectors disappear?
    the player DOES have to know where he got hit from as he would know it in real life, but not know where he is being observed from.

possible?!
    actually, there is already a "blood" effect that shows up based on the direction you're shot from. it's subtle and way better.

Hey everyone, I've appended to my original post about removing the wallhack when using the camera (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8781800). I noticed animals were being tagged, so you'll have to search for and change the following array as well:

Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 00
    Change the second to last value from 73 to 6F, so it reads like so:

Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 6F 00
    Essentially, you're renaming the command howThroughWalls to ShowThroughWallo, which nullfies the commands when it's called. Let me know if this works for you!

Originally Posted by fnx.. Go to original post
    mini weapons mod

this is not final version i will continue to improve and bring new features
    Looks interesting, but how about more details? Maybe a link to the readme with all the changes listed? E.g.:

- what do you mean by "realistic range" (more range, less range, trajectory drop, etc.), in relation to each weapon?

- does removal of automatic reload apply to bolt-action rifles and grenade launchers?

- how are your changes to attachments compared to the existing attachment mods: do they just increase the number of slots, or actually allow new attachments like silencers etc.?

Also, if you're doing a "weapon realism" mod have you considered giving some guns more power so that it doesn't take half a drum of machine gun bullets to kill a tiger?