thanks leechmonger! got 'em

now... to find a codec... cant be proprietary, would be too costly... probably some obscure high compression format not commonly used.

Got it.... they are.SBAO sound files.... and this tool can convert them to LAME format

http://neb.frikafrax.com/2010/06-247...onversion.html

khenaz's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Captain_Tr1ps Go to original post
    Got it.... they are.SBAO sound files.... and this tool can convert them to LAME format

http://neb.frikafrax.com/2010/06-247...onversion.html
    i tried that earlier today , it didn't work for me , ill try again later

Originally Posted by adarwinter Go to original post
    if you ask me - no way in hell. there needs to be a model of the gun with that attachment. it's not a seperate model of an attachment that just appears on the gun. it's a different gun model with the attachment attached. if there is no model of a deagle with a silencer, for example, than you cant mod it in.
    Colt 1911 with silencer is present in both SP and MP, in SP as a Special unique gun that you can unlock by achieving a certain progress % in one of the things and in MP it's just one of the viable attachments. So yeah, theoretically that CAN be done.

When i try to open Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack it closes right away. Is there a specific place I need to put the Dunia 2 folder content to make it work? I have fond memories of increasing weapon accuracy and damage in Farcry 2.

Originally Posted by ChiConspiracy Go to original post
    When i try to open Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack it closes right away. Is there a specific place I need to put the Dunia 2 folder content to make it work? I have fond memories of increasing weapon accuracy and damage in Farcry 2.
    You must send your file to Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack exe. Open with...

Originally Posted by ChiConspiracy Go to original post
    It's a command line application, you should run it from a command prompt. For simplicity you might want to copy your .DAT and .FAT file that you're going to open (probably common) into the same directory as the exe, then run:

gibbed.dunia2.unpack common.fat outputDir

replacing outputDir with a subdirectory you want it to create for all the files it's going to unpack.

Then when you're done editing you can use:

gibbed.dunia2.pack -c common.fat thatSameDir

-c is for compression, to keep the file size similar to the original. Not required, and crashes if you're trying to pack up the 5-gigs world main file.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Time to find the weapon files, and hopefully change the ridiculous distance limitation on bullets.

Originally Posted by R.Sporkington Go to original post
    It's a command line application, you should run it from a command prompt. For simplicity you might want to copy your .DAT and .FAT file that you're going to open (probably common) into the same directory as the exe, then run:

gibbed.dunia2.unpack common.fat outputDir

replacing outputDir with a subdirectory you want it to create for all the files it's going to unpack.

Then when you're done editing you can use:

gibbed.dunia2.pack -c common.fat thatSameDir

-c is for compression, to keep the file size similar to the original. Not required, and crashes if you're trying to pack up the 5-gigs world main file.
    This is not necessary. Simple click on the file and open with Gibbed.Dunia2.Unpack exe. Even drag and drop works.

In case of the big "fc3_main" file it is recommended to put it in the same directory as the exe.

Btw, i have send you a PM. Can you please answer it?

Originally Posted by R.Sporkington Go to original post
    and crashes if you're trying to pack up the 5-gigs world main file.
    Do you have the stack trace for that crash?

Also, you should never ever ever ever try to repack anything other than patch.fat/dat.