🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    fnx..'s Avatar Member
    there may be a glitch with ai ak47 when you pick up enemy ak47 the gun will blowup after one shot sorry about that here is fixed version
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tdbsxq10zo027qk

Is it legal to edit game files, without ban ? I have bought this game and this mods looks cool but don't want to get ban. So is it legal ?

Beater1no's Avatar Member
    i played many hours in SP. for what the MODs are for and had no problems.

just back up your files and make them original again when you go in MP or COOP.

or set uplay to always start in offline mode just dont go in MP games with it and you are fine.

Originally Posted by johnoka2 Go to original post
    Is it legal to edit game files, without ban ? I have bought this game and this mods looks cool but don't want to get ban. So is it legal ?
    no, they just let this thread exist on the official forums to lure us into a big trap.

Originally Posted by solecist Go to original post
    no, they just let this thread exist on the official forums to lure us into a big trap.
    Arrgghh so close...

Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Yes, if you want to use both, you have to merge them, as the game recognises only 1 set of patch files at a time (unlike e.g. Skyrim where you can have tons of different mods concurrently).

Your first stop may be the compilation collection. See if you find a package to your liking over there. By the sound of it, you may be interested in Beverhund's compilation, which can be accessed separately from the front page, but I would suggest you try other mods as well.

If you don't find what you want, then use the tools to make your own package. They are relatively simple, basics are described at the first page of this thread, and there's a GUI version now as well.
    Thanks man - v1.4. of that compilation will do nicely! I'm not fussed on breaking the weapon 'balance' that the devs decided on until 2nd playthrough!

Hey y'all, still haven't gotten a decent answer on the crashes I experience when I try to use the modded .dll files.

I installed the compilation mods just like I'm supposed to, but the game crashes at the first menu screen. Someone suggested I can use the patch.dat and .fat files from the mods and NOT use the .dll files, but the .dll's have the main changes I'm interested in, like the minimal HUD stuff. Is there any way to resolve these crashes and use the modded .dll's? My game is fully updated on Steam...

gobrun's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Added to compilation:

Version 1.6:

Weapons Ballistics by Fnx..
    Unlocked 2nd island weapons by teknogek1300
    Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz
    Beverhund HUD mod compilation
    Leechmongers attachement mod
    KyodanXD Objective icon removal
    object blinking removal by tom.solo
    Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging)

http://rghost.net/42197973

Tested it, killing power is evidently increased (killed tiger with 1 shot from Z93). Now to test range.

Having this power left me uncertain as to whether it is balanced. However, considering that we remove all HUD assists and the enemies get the same upgrades, it will probably be cool. Definitely makes for a more dynamic and deadly game.
    No doubt this has been asked 40,000 times already but I'm going to ask one more time! Is there a version of your compilation without all the weapons unlocked immediately or at the very least, charging money for the second island weapons from the start?

Thanks (and apologies for asking again :P )

Originally Posted by DoomMunky Go to original post
    Hey y'all, still haven't gotten a decent answer on the crashes I experience when I try to use the modded .dll files.

I installed the compilation mods just like I'm supposed to, but the game crashes at the first menu screen. Someone suggested I can use the patch.dat and .fat files from the mods and NOT use the .dll files, but the .dll's have the main changes I'm interested in, like the minimal HUD stuff. Is there any way to resolve these crashes and use the modded .dll's? My game is fully updated on Steam...
    the simple answer is that it's not going to work. sorry. all the changes made to the DLL are simple hex edits, though. go download HXE (first google result) and open your farcry dll file (farcry.dll if you use dx9 and farcry_dx11.dll if you use dx11). then, make the following changes (after backing up the dll file first, of course):

use search>replace and set the data-type to hex. set the data-type to text when you do the stealth sound removal. put the first set of hex in, then replace with the second set.

-- Yellow glow removal:
    48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 32 00 48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 00
    to
    48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 00 00 48 69 67 68 4C 69 67 68 74 43 6F 6C 6F 72 32

-- Stealth sound removal:
    Search for the text strings sndDetectionUpdate and sndDetected -- replace a letter in each of those two commands. So sndDetectionupdatx and sndDetectex, for example.

-- Wallhack removal:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 41 6C 70 68 61
    to
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 41 6C 70 68 6F
    and
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 00
    to
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 6F 00

You're a beautiful man. Thanks for taking the time to do this.