🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Originally Posted by R.Sporkington Go to original post
    Apparently missed your post first time around. This is exactly why I started looking for a way to get rid of the minimap... I bought myself a cheap plasma TV I'm using for PC gaming now, and since it's new I'm worried about static UI elements causing burn-in (and it's a legit concern, that health bar was stuck for a couple hours after my first day of playing the game).

Here's what I've been using personally:

Something like that work for you? I could pull the crouch indicator completely, it really does serve no function, but as is it's at like 35% opacity now. I didn't touch the ammo stuff since it comes and goes on its own depending on what you're doing (and I can't make text transparent anyway). Here's the file if you want it:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45455626/FC3_plasmaMode.zip

If you're downloading a mod someone already made, it's almost certainly going to come in the form of a patch.dat and patch.fat. What you want to do is go to your game data folder -- if you're on Steam probably something like:
    [steam]/steamapps/common/Far Cry 3/data_win32
    make a backup of your existing patch.dat and patch.fat, and then copy the new ones in.

i love this mod. i saw someone earlier that said it dropped framerate when tis not completely opaque. have you had any fps issues?

any word on getting rid of the skill points stuff yet?

Originally Posted by cortlong502011 Go to original post
    i love this mod. i saw someone earlier that said it dropped framerate when tis not completely opaque. have you had any fps issues?
    I think that was probably me. I was talking about making the map itself (the tiles that make up the terrain height rendering) partially transparent causing FPS issues.

The elements that I've made partially transparent here were already saved as DXT5 "interpolated alpha" (and were using transparency around their edges) so there should be no change. As you can see I'm getting 86 fps in that scene with the "ultra high" preset (AA and SSAO turned off), which is about what I was getting in that area before the mod.

YYZY's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Beverhund Go to original post
    Hello there.

I have made a compilation of some of these mods:
    ·Better Sights Mod by khenaz
    ·Hardcore mod (no icons over enemies' heads etc.) by Haoose
    ·No minimap mod by R. Sporkington

Also included a .dll that removes the mission reminder popups.

Edit 2: Uploaded alternative version with the features listed above and no detection indicator, courtesy of samuraiogc123
    Now also includes fc3.dll for dx9 users for no mission reminders and a readme with credits, changed zip format for people having trouble decompressing it
    Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4vdytabevih7jj0

Screenshot:

I hope this is okay with the original mod authors, I compiled this for myself and thought I would share =)
    This is pretty much perfect. The only thing that I think should be removed as well is the objective indicator (which still displays despite the minimap gone) and the distance in meters to the objective.

Anyone can give me a hand to try to take this character icon above the mini map away? This is coop btw.

This annoy me so much...as my monitor isnt big enoguh and there have no option to turn it off...

Although I dont know can this mod work on coop as seem to be PB will check it...

Anyone have an update on how vehicles, al, animals and weapons are doing? i mean is it looking good that we'll have them unlocked for use in multiplayer anytime soon or at all?

I've read vehicles work as is but I've yet to be able to make them work.

Is anyone working on fixing co-op or making a open world mod for it?

Originally Posted by Beverhund Go to original post
    Hello there.

I have made a compilation of some of these mods:
    ·Better Sights Mod by khenaz
    ·Hardcore mod (no icons over enemies' heads etc.) by Haoose
    ·No minimap mod by R. Sporkington

Also included a .dll that removes the mission reminder popups.

Edit 2: Uploaded alternative version with the features listed above and no detection indicator, courtesy of samuraiogc123
    Now also includes fc3.dll for dx9 users for no mission reminders and a readme with credits, changed zip format for people having trouble decompressing it
    Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4vdytabevih7jj0

Screenshot:

I hope this is okay with the original mod authors, I compiled this for myself and thought I would share =)
    I just want to add that this mod seems to enable the dlc missions in the game. now I don't have the dlc version so dont want to risk getting my account banned. please look into this as i realy would like to play with this mod

Originally Posted by ThePathMaker Go to original post
    Is anyone working on fixing co-op or making a open world mod for it?
    Open world co-op isn't possible because of the way the engine handles rendering.

Originally Posted by Cardboard54 Go to original post
    Open world co-op isn't possible because of the way the engine handles rendering.
    It most certainly is possible to do.

In FC2 I could get the SP world load in MP, so I really doubt that FC3 would be any different.