🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Does anyone know if leechmonger ever released a new attachment update? I remember many pages in the thread back he mentioned he got silencers working on shotguns but that was all that was ever said and it`s not come up again.

any body know what the jeep textures are and what type of files as i like to make camo jeeps or all black with nice rims ;-)

Originally Posted by CelicetheGreat Go to original post
    Gamers, please stop trying to argue about realism. Far Cry 3 is not a realistic game, and forcing realistic gun mechanics will not make it so. It has too much gamey elements in it which will create contradictions. To have a truly realistic game, you need all aspects of the game to be realistic. But because you are working with an unrealistic game in the first place, you're going to have immersion issues. You would have to make, not us.
    Yes, because because expecting an "immersive" game where you spend a rather significant amount of time killing people and animals with guns and trying not to be killed by their guns to have realistic GUN physics makes for a silly pursuit... give me a break.

If I want a "gamey" experience, I'll grab a Mario or Zelda

It's my right to play Farcry 3 with increased weapon damage, less health, and ZERO hud if I so choose. Considering the number of downloads the various mods on here have accomplished, it seems I'm not alone.

Has anyone figured out how to remove the Press Button to steady scope on the screen???
    If Yes can you show me how to remove it. I know what my button is to steady the scope and it is very annoying being right on the scope.

Originally Posted by fnx.. Go to original post
    if animals have hitboxes they all do same damage for now no matter where you shoot head or tail is all the same damage
    Under the FC3_Animals files, they have 3 hit location multipliers, though they are still in hex, like the buffalo example below:

<object name="HitLocationMultipliers">
    <object name="HitLocationMultiplier">
    <field hash="57CDD6A0" type="BinHex">40000000</field>
    <field hash="DBAB2F6A" type="BinHex">01000000</field>
    </object>
    <field hash="57CDD6A0" type="BinHex">01000000</field>
    </object>
    <field hash="57CDD6A0" type="BinHex">00000000</field>

Originally Posted by Uplaysuxor Go to original post
    Due to popular demand, a version with the 70% price increase:

Compilation Mod Ver. 2.6
    Compatible with game patch 1.04

Super File V.2 by Chorizoss (total HUD removal, Second island unlock, Wingsuit unlock)
    Privateer Outfit by PR3V41L
    Hereticus Weapons mod 1 by Chorizosss, tweaked by karmakgb
    (all weapons unlocked, no free activations AND all prices increased by 70%)
    Weapons Ballistics by Fnx.. (UPDATED to v.0.91)
    Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz
    Beverhund HUD mod compilation
    Leechmongers attachement mod
    KyodanXD Objective icon removal
    object blinking removal by tom.solo
    No stealth indicators by ccurtis20
    No objective reminders, including sounds (archived by Chorizosss)
    Wallhack removal by KyodanXD (UPDATED to include animal tagging)

http://rghost.net/42457625

Mirror: http://rghost.net/42472671

Don't forget to:

1. BACKUP the files you're replacing;

2. BACKUP your save games;

3. REPORT any bugs if found.

Link is broken. waiting for next update!

Dialogue

Hey guys, is there a way to extract the dialogue from this game? I tried to unpack the sound_english.dat with Dunia but it doesn´t work. Any ideas?

What's the usual cause of Far Cry throwing an exception and crashing when you've just compiled a new patch .fat/.dat? Struggling to get the game to load with what is a simply alpha channel edited .xbt and recompiled into the current patch. Crashes during loading the current game, not when loading Far Cry.

What's the proper method for editing alpha channel for the minimap elements? It's beginning to annoy me how fussy the game is.

1. Remove xbt header using HxD.
    2. Load dds file in DXTBmp, export the alpha channel.
    3. Edit in program of choice, save out.
    4. Add xbt header back to dds file.
    5. Move .xbt file to patch 'to compile' folder along with entire folder structure (starting at \ui).
    6. Pack along with current patch into new patch .fat/.dat.

^ That's my process. Where's my error? Graphic app I am using is Gimp because I cba to install PS but if it somehow screws up handling .bmp files then I will avoid it (I know it has issues with alpha channels but since I am editing a layer as an image I thought it would be okay).

Originally Posted by hammerhorde Go to original post
    Does anyone know if leechmonger ever released a new attachment update? I remember many pages in the thread back he mentioned he got silencers working on shotguns but that was all that was ever said and it`s not come up again.
    Bumping this in the hope that Leechmonger gives us a status update. I was really looking forward to an attachments mod 2.0, I hope it's still in the works.

Originally Posted by jketiynu Go to original post
    Bumping this in the hope that Leechmonger gives us a status update. I was really looking forward to an attachments mod 2.0, I hope it's still in the works.
    It is, it's just on the backburner a bit due to work on other things.