🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

View Poll Results: Did you experience any lagging with your game ?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

104 96.30%
  • no

4 3.70%

Assassin's Creed III massive Lagging

Hi

I have a very annoying problem with my AC3
    the game is unplayable .. there's a huge amount of constant lagging and stuttering when walking in the city ..
    the fps are low to 10 fps or even lower ..
    i used some tools to determine if it's caused by one of the hardwares but it doesn't show any big load on either the CPU or GPU
    i have the latest release of Physx, DX, .Net framework and the latest GPU drivers as well

specs:
    Intel core 2 Duo E7300 OC@3.3GHz
    8 GB of A-data DDR3 RAM
    Sapphire HD 6850

i know my CPU is bit old but it handled the previous ACs pretty well and this time is completely different
    please help .. thanks

Originally Posted by abdelrahmanm Go to original post
    Hi

I have a very annoying problem with my AC3
    the game is unplayable .. there's a huge amount of constant lagging and stuttering when walking in the city ..
    the fps are low to 10 fps or even lower ..
    I have the same problem. Please Ubisoft fix it quick.

Same here, ATI HD 4850, 3GB RAM, AMD Phenom Quad-Core 9650 2.6 Ghz, not a great rig but it was powerfull enough to run Ac Revelations smoothly at Med-High settings.
    Got great fps at the opera and ship but framerate gets ****ed up when i get to boston.
    Its funny how the fps are good when im looking at the flloor or at rural area, but they drop greatly when i look at the city buildings...im guessing its a tessellation problem or something like that but ati hd4800 series drivers dont have options to disable it.I am hating AMD too for dropping support for this gpu series... it has been months since the last driver update.

The problem is that when fps get down,gpu usage goes down too.I have 60 fps sometimes with 99% usage,but most of the time I have 20=30 fps with 55% GPU usage.PLease Ubisoft,fix it

I don't know why they don't fix it, I've tried everything to solve this damm problem. Whatever i do, nothings helps at all. So annoying. I'm working for 12 hours right now, just can't find a way to solve it. I cant increase my gpu usage, if I could do that, my problem would be solved. The problem is that when i look up or down i get a fps of 60-80 and when i look normal i get 10-20. Please help me.

Information about fps drops:
    When i look up and down I get 40-80 fps, my gpu usage= 50-100% (approximately 70)
    When I look normal I get fps under 5-20, my gpu usage= 30%

So I thought to solve this problem by increasing the gpu usage. But I don't know how to fix it. I want it like it is constantly around 70 .. Please Help me, I would really apreciate it.

My specs are:
    4gb ram
    quadcore 2,33 ghz(4 core)
    HD5750 1gb

I can play every game fine on high details. Even when i tried to play it on normal settings it was about 1 fps higher. Please help me.

Originally Posted by apocalypse22009 Go to original post
    I don't know why they don't fix it, I've tried everything to solve this damm problem. Whatever i do, nothings helps at all. So annoying. I'm working for 12 hours right now, just can't find a way to solve it. I cant increase my gpu usage, if I could do that, my problem would be solved. The problem is that when i look up or down i get a fps of 60-80 and when i look normal i get 10-20. Please help me.

Information about fps drops:
    When i look up and down I get 40-80 fps, my gpu usage= 50-100% (approximately 70)
    When I look normal I get fps under 5-20, my gpu usage= 30%

So I thought to solve this problem by increasing the gpu usage. But I don't know how to fix it. I want it like it is constantly around 70 .. Please Help me, I would really apreciate it.

My specs are:
    4gb ram
    quadcore 2,33 ghz(4 core)
    HD5750 1gb

I can play every game fine on high details. Even when i tried to play it on normal settings it was about 1 fps higher. Please help me.
    THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH YOUR GPU !!
    the game does not take full control of your cpu cores .. it's badly optimized as they say ..
    so when you're looking up at the sky or down your gpu works fine .. but when you look normally at the world in front Your gpu usage goes down because it's waiting for the cpu to calculate the subjects in the scene first .. your CPU is bottle-necking your gpu and it's the Anvil next engine's fault ..
    you should be trying to increase the CPU usage instead .. in order to do that you have to modify the game engine .. Ubisoft developers are the ones who should kick in when it comes to that ..

i think they knew of the problem even before the game's release but couldn't find a fix before that .. i think the fix is being worked on for sometime now and it's scheduled for a certain date soon .. maybe they're trying to solve other problems too before they go out with the patch
    my only concern is that it's gonna take longer to concentrate efforts and fix everything at once ..
    meanwhile .. Hitman it is

^ I hope ubisoft will hear you...

Ubisoft. Fix it quick please

I have the same problem with a high end rig running 2x GTX580 in SLI
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...74#post8728474

ITS THE GAME ENGINE.
    i wish people would understand this. every game running on this new engine runs in this way. from AC:3 to liberation. the "fix" requires patching/optimization of the engine itself. that is not something that will happen quickly.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►