FreeMasons

I am about 20% through the game and haven't seen any references to Freemasons thus far. I don't want any spoilers to be unveiled but has anyone came across any references to Freemasons?

Freemasons aren't Templars, at least not in the context of the AC game world.

winthro's Avatar Junior Member
    There's references to the Freemason's in the tunnels of Boston and New York also, in the database Shaun writes an entry about a pub that was an old meeting place for the mason's but, that's about it really.

Originally Posted by Gianavel Go to original post
    Why would there be references to Freemasons? Freemasons aren't Templars, at least not in the context of the AC game world.
    Are you remotely familiar with early American history? I never made reference to Templars being associated with Masons.

Originally Posted by Gianavel Go to original post
    Freemasons aren't Templars, at least not in the context of the AC game world.
    Yes most historians believe they are affiliated with each other.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes I just came across one in sort of a door puzzle you have to solve - you didn't want spoilers so I won't say where

Maybe the Templars are not the Masons but they both belong to one bigger organisation the "Babylon brotherhood" and among them are also Iluminats , Jesuits , Rosicrucians...
    That secret societis and organisations were maybe changing the names or symbols through the history or maybe some of them were in conflict (like Masons and Jesuits) but they all belong to one big organisation and their purpose and their goals are still the same.

So in Assassin's Creed game the Templars are actually that big organisation (Babylon brotherhood) and order of Assassins is opposing side who plead for a free world .

zerocooll21's Avatar Senior Member
    Yah sucks, I expected more.

Originally Posted by N1GHTMaRE8 Go to original post
    Are you remotely familiar with early American history? I never made reference to Templars being associated with Masons.
    Yeah, I had a brain fart.

It's cool!

I just figured since Ben Franklin and GW were master masons, there would be a big roll of them as a secret societal portion dedicated to that since the AC franchise uses these secret societies.