Markers about enemy heads

I am shocked after watching closely some of the gameplay footage I recognized that when you aim at an opponent for about 2 seconds you automatically enable the build in wallhack and this ridiculous looking orange skull marker about enemy heads. please tell me you can turn this **** off. I need to know for sure that you can turn this crap off so I dont have to cancle my preorder. this is an absolute nogo. I thought this would only happen when using the binoculars and I was going to ignore the binoculars and not use them, but now in the latest gameplay videos its happening during regulare fire fights

cevys's Avatar Member
    Actually it is not automatic... you have to press a certain button to use this feature.

that`d be great but how do you know?

Im pretty shure that there will be level of difficulty. Maybe the lowest setting got a automatic marker system !?

I hope so cause yes it's cool for beginners but this is to easy , i prefer a good 3D sound system .

Originally Posted by Clover_field. Go to original post
    Im pretty shure that there will be level of difficulty. Maybe the lowest setting got a automatic marker system !?
    that would be awful. playing on hardcore just to have those marker removed? I hope not.

Hello UBI? Somebody gibe me an answer. Its not that hard. A simple yes or no. No official word on this topic is beeing counted as a "no its not possible to remove them".

sanpreet's Avatar Member
    I dont have a problem with markers above enimies heads.

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member

Island Paparazzi
    Tag 25 enemies using the camera (Single Player only)

Am I right in thinking that we do not have to Tag Enemies if we do not want to (I am sure that was mentioned)
    So an UN-Tagged Enemy might not be viewable through walls / buildings, That is how I see it - and I am sure this has been discussed before but I can't find the post off hand.

look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI

@3:17 you can see the binocular menü. there you can zoom in and out and take a picture. no button press needed for tagging.

then @3:21 he is aiming at a guy with the bow and this guy gets tagged automatically.

or watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF7uVEYjMxU

@4:57. enemy gets tagged automatically while he is zooming in. I doubt he pushed some kind of magic button for this to happen.

and then here!!! the following two scare the hell out of me:

@11:40. enemy gets auto tagged while aiming with the bow again. I saw this auto tagging btw with AK's also in other videos. so its not bow related but indeed happens with all guns.

@12:55 auto tagging again.

please someone tell me you can turn this crap off!

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member

Ok in this image above Jason has had the camera out and it appears that using the camera might auto tag items in the area / close proximity (But don't quote me on that - I will search for the other thread reference tagging as I think it cleared up the problem)

I circled the things that have been highlighted / tagged

You can see that on this image the enemy pirate does not show on the mini map and does not have an icon above his head

Now the circled area shows that you have been detected by an enemy (that's what I think it means anyhow) once detected the pirate shows up on the mini map and has the icon above his head - I think this happens before he zooms in with the bow - it could be connected with the player just using the camera previously but I am not 100 % and speculating really.

There is also THIS POST HERE reference tagging.

You were the last to post in that thread also Tank0r so I guess it did not give the info you needed - It could be that you won't get what what your looking for but I wouldn't rule the game out over it - Far Cry 3 will be an excellent experience.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►