IDefectedI's Avatar Member

Only one question

will AC:3 allow for 120 frames ? I own a 120hz Samsung SA950 monitor and demand unlocked frame-rates . Would be grateful if somebody can tell me if AC:3 will allow uncapped frames . If for any reason they are capped I can't buy it .

Can anyone from Ubisoft confirm this ?

Dellers's Avatar Senior Member
    It supports 3d Vision, which require 120 Hz monitors, so I would guess so (not that Hz and FPS have much to do with each other IRL). I haven't seen a cap in any other AC game, although I highly doubt that you will get 120 FPS. Not because it isn't supported, but because you probably don't have a computer that fast.

Originally Posted by Dellers Go to original post
    It supports 3d Vision, which require 120 Hz monitors, so I would guess so (not that Hz and FPS have much to do with each other IRL). I haven't seen a cap in any other AC game, although I highly doubt that you will get 120 FPS. Not because it isn't supported, but because you probably don't have a computer that fast.
    lets see

i7 3770 OC 5.0
    GTX 680 SLI
    SSD Crucial M4
    16 GB sniper ram .

If I can get over 167 frames playing batman AC maxed out with super sampling I am sure to hit 120 frames playing AC:3 .

Still need absolute confirmation from a mod or Ubisoft that the FPS will be uncapped .

YazX_'s Avatar Volunteer MOD
    Originally Posted by IDefectedI Go to original post
    lets see

i7 3770 OC 5.0
    GTX 680 SLI
    SSD Crucial M4
    16 GB sniper ram .

If I can get over 167 frames playing batman AC maxed out with super sampling I am sure to hit 120 frames playing AC:3 .
    Burned and flushed him out

i dont think they will cap it as they are working very hard to optimize it for PC unlike ACR crap , if you want my advise, wait for reviews as you probably will not get an answer for your question now because simply noone knows even DEVs themselves

Originally Posted by IDefectedI Go to original post
    lets see

i7 3770 OC 5.0
    GTX 680 SLI
    SSD Crucial M4
    16 GB sniper ram .

Makes me feel like crap with my one gtx 680. but i guess u will be abel to get 120 fps. dunno if they will have a v-sync option for 120 FPS or 60 FPS (like revelations or am i wrong?)

Dellers's Avatar Senior Member
    Depends on the engine really. With GTX 580 SLI (now i have 670 SLI) I generally had/have around 80 FPS in Revelation, so the engine surely must be better for you to get 120 frames consistently unless the OC on your CPU means a lot. Most games these days rely mostly on GPU's though.

Originally Posted by YAZ_H Go to original post
    Burned and flushed him out

i dont think they will cap it as they are working very hard to optimize it for PC unlike ACR crap , if you want my advise, wait for reviews as you probably will not get an answer for your question now because simply noone knows even DEVs themselves
    Can you come on these forums after the game is released - if AC:3 supports 120 frames ?

Originally Posted by Dellers Go to original post
    Depends on the engine really. With GTX 580 SLI (now i have 670 SLI) I generally had/have around 80 FPS in Revelation, so the engine surely must be better for you to get 120 frames consistently unless the OC on your CPU means a lot. Most games these days rely mostly on GPU's though.
    Overclocking helps brake the bottleneck and in turn allows higher frame rates .