I'm curious as to what ride people think will be their primary mount. I know that many will change their minds once they get PF but I'm certain that atleast some will stick with it. I think my primary ride will be the F4U Corsair. She should be fast, difficult to fly and very unforgiving, just like my wonderful Fw-190's. I have also thought about going the JAAF route with the Ki-43 and Ki-61. Those types of planes were amoung my favorites way back in the days of Aces of the Pacific. Planes I'll probebly stay away from include the F6F, brit stuff and Zero's, mainly cause I just never really cared for those.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spelling mistakes left in intentionally to annoy tttiger.

Maj_Death here, I/JG1_Death at HL

I build COOPs and DF maps. If you would like some of them you can get them atmy COOP page

I/JG1 Oesau is recruiting axis pilots who prefer to fly maximum realism. We accept both veterans and rookies. We fly in VEF2, VWF and may join other online wars in the future. I am currently the acting CO, if you are interested in joining please PM me here or page me in HL.

I'm curious as to what ride people think will be their primary mount. I know that many will change their minds once they get PF but I'm certain that atleast some will stick with it. I think my primary ride will be the F4U Corsair. She should be fast, difficult to fly and very unforgiving, just like my wonderful Fw-190's. I have also thought about going the JAAF route with the Ki-43 and Ki-61. Those types of planes were amoung my favorites way back in the days of Aces of the Pacific. Planes I'll probebly stay away from include the F6F, brit stuff and Zero's, mainly cause I just never really cared for those.

I build COOPs and DF maps. If you would like some of them you can get them atmy COOP page

I/JG1 Oesau is recruiting axis pilots who prefer to fly maximum realism. We accept both veterans and rookies. We fly in VEF2, VWF and may join other online wars in the future. I am currently the acting CO, if you are interested in joining please PM me here or page me in HL.

Hellcat and hopefully the Avenger at some point.

"Navy1, Call the Ball- Roger Ball."

berg417448's Avatar Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Maj_Death:
    I'm curious as to what ride people think will be their primary mount. I know that many will change their minds once they get PF but I'm certain that atleast some will stick with it. I think my primary ride will be the F4U Corsair. She should be fast, difficult to fly and very unforgiving, just like my wonderful Fw-190's."

It is interesting how different people feel about some planes. I recall that when the US NAVY tested the FW-190 they said it was easy to fly in combat.

http://ubbxforums-de.ubi.com/6/ubb.x...22&m=594101645

I agree with you though...I find it a bit harder than average in this game.

xTHRUDx's Avatar Senior Member
    anything with more than one engine. hopefully a PBY

If your expecting the Corsair to be like the 190 I think your in for a surprise. The Corsair only had problems when it was wheels down. Once you cleaned it up and got in the air it was supposed to be a very nice plane to fly and required little effort.
    It was called the Ensign eliminator because of initial carrier ops, not because it was hard to fly in combat.
    I would expect the Corsair to handle much like what the P47D-27 does now in AEP with the Corsair having slightly better turn and roll ability. Same wasp engine for both aircraft.

"Navy1, Call the Ball- Roger Ball."

I never specified where it was unforgiving. I'm also no noob to flight sims, I liked the F4U in both AotP and Pacific Air War. I think I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. And BTW the Fw-190 isn't all that different from the P-47 when it comes to flying and fighting in it.

With the F4U I expect something that is fast, good handling at high speed, and relatively difficult to takeoff and land. I also expect a sweet looking skin .

Future-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Fighters: Corsair

Bombers: B-25, B-29

Corsair has to be fully flyable, otherwise I won't touch it.
    In case of the bombers, I don't care much if they are fully flyable or ai, as long as they are mostly correct modelled, with some descent loadout options.

Bombs away!

- Future

Commanding Officer of the 530th Bomb Squad
    380th Bomb Group 5th AF USAAF

Visit us at http://www.310thvfs.com , home of the 310th FS and the 380th BG

Fighters: Corsair, just because I've read so much about her. Also, any twin engine fighters - Japanese Ki, US P-38, etc.

Bombers: Avenger for sure - I've been wanting to fly a dedicated torpedo plane forever. And definitely the B-25J or H - I'm looking forward to wreaking havoc with 8 .50's and a 75mm. Really, who needs bombs???

Squadrons/Bases: I'd love to be an honorary member of the Cactus Air Force. Mud and leeches, here we come!

"Fear is the mindkiller"
    - Dune
    ----------------------------------
    Wicked Penguin Corporation
    Web - Flash - Multimedia - DVD Authoring

Nimits's Avatar Senior Member
    TBD for bombers (if they ver make it flyable) otherwise TBF

P-40B for fighters.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►