Windows XP Pro SP1
    Intel Pentium 4 2.20 GHZ, 1GB RAM
    P4X400-8235 VIA chipset MB
    (Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum edition MB)
    DirectX 9.0b
    AGP 4X GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB
    PCI SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer

I have a question regarding panning or turning when playing the offline game. Seems like at times things get a bit choppy and I can see some lines across the screen when I am turning. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have tried to lower all settings (textures, antialiasing off, etc.) and no improvement. I am using the latest nvidia 52.16 drivers. Please comment if this is to be expected with the rendering engine of this game. Otherwise, moving forward or just standing still the graphics are flawless. If anybody else is not seeing this slow rendering or choppy effect when turning (camera panning) please let me know your system specs. Thanks guys!

Windows XP Pro SP1
    Intel Pentium 4 2.20 GHZ, 1GB RAM
    P4X400-8235 VIA chipset MB
    (Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum edition MB)
    DirectX 9.0b
    AGP 4X GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB
    PCI SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer

I have a question regarding panning or turning when playing the offline game. Seems like at times things get a bit choppy and I can see some lines across the screen when I am turning. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have tried to lower all settings (textures, antialiasing off, etc.) and no improvement. I am using the latest nvidia 52.16 drivers. Please comment if this is to be expected with the rendering engine of this game. Otherwise, moving forward or just standing still the graphics are flawless. If anybody else is not seeing this slow rendering or choppy effect when turning (camera panning) please let me know your system specs. Thanks guys!

I don't know where I read it, but I did read that you shouldn't have later than the version 43.45 Nvidia drivers.

I tried the older drivers (43.45) but no change. Looks exactly the same. I have played other graphically intensive games (like Asheron's Call2) without any problems. Thanks for your reply!

Mhaji,
    My specs are as follows:
    Win 2000 latest SP
    AMD 1.1 GHZ, 512 MB Ram
    AGP 4x GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB
    Built in sound

I have absolutely NO problem with panning/turning on my system, and I am running the absolute latest drivers from Nvidia.
    I believe something else is causing your problem.
    Are you running antivirus? How large is your paging file? How much free memory do you have with no programs loaded?

Good luck, let us know.

"There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line".
    --Oscar Levant

This really sucks. I disabled all startup services programs, etc. (clean boot) and even tried disabling sound, but still no luck. Maybe there is a problem with XP, DirectX 9.0 and this game I don't know. I reported this to tech support over a week ago and they still haven't responded. I don't know what else to try. It's weird because even with the lowest settings I am still seeing this when the camera is panning. Let me know if you can think of anything else for me to try. The page file is: 176MB used, 2285MB available. RAM is 250MB used, 787MB available. Again, no problems with other graphically intensive games. Is there any way to check what fps (frames per second) I'm getting when playing this game?

Oh and I forgot to mention that I already uninstalled Norton Antivirus 2002 to see if that was causing the problem. Unfortunately this did not resolve anything.

I've seen the same thing, but only in Gahreesen...as far as I have noticed. I think it's called texture ripping, or something. I'm running a geforce 4 Ti4200 8X AGP with the latest drivers. The geforce 4 chip is not DirectX 9 compliant, which *may* be the problem. The FX series is. The Radion 9600 or better is DX 9 ready as well.
    But Fyrehawk is running the same card without the same issue.
    It must be a setting like refresh rate, AA, or resolution.
    Other specs on my system: P4 2.4HT on ASUS P4G8X-DX (latest BIOS & Drivers), 2x 256 PC4200, WinXP (latest drivers, service packs, ect.), current updates installed in Uru too.
    I'll keep an eye out, and if I find a solution, I'll let you know.

"No matter where you go, there you are."

try turning the sound down
    (not the volume..the quality)

I have already tried completely disabling the sound and no luck. Funny thing I noticed is if I set antialiasing to max the texture ripping (thanks for the correct term. BongSlayerB!) actually improves! It's still there but less noticeable. The one place where I can really notice it is at Relto where I am staring at the entrance (door) in first person. If I then pan I can really see this texture ripping. I believe there is a problem with the game itself since completely lowering all settings actually makes it worse! I have messed around with the various bios settings as well as V-sync off, etc. The only thing I found that actually improves it is max on antialiasing. Hey BongSlayerB do they have GeForce4 Ti4200 8x AGP? I didn't know that. Mine only goes up to 4x AGP. Also I had no idea that the GeForce4 family is not DirectX 9.0 compliant. Let me know if you guys see the same thing when in first person mode and staring at the Relto entrance. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►