1. #1

    Encyclopedia of the Common Man glitch

    I have everything at 3/3 and everything says completed except the farmers. Which has 3/3 but no completed next to it. I've scanned them numerous times afterward which scans new activities but just reiterates 3/3 and no completion. Fix this please! Does anyone have a workaround?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I have a similar issue. Except mine says the Farmers are done, but it hasn't given me their journal entry. So I don't know if it's considered done or not. D:
    Share this post

  3. #3
    I believe when you upgrade them they offer more to the homestead which in turn gives them more work to do, more work means different chores, which means more actions to scan, please don't hold me to this as i myself am still learning all the little nuances with this game, it was only last night that i figured out how to add different locations for my trading convoys, can now chose from three shops in Boston and one in the Frontier.
    Great game, just does a lousy job at teaching you what to do.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    I'd go back and look at them all again with eagle Vision, if you see someone in gold, scan them.
    I had the same problem.

    Mine says 2/3 Woodworker, Woodworkers are completed and I got the achievement but the Log entry is still there.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by KSSMITH Go to original post
    I'd go back and look at them all again with eagle Vision, if you see someone in gold, scan them.
    I had the same problem.

    Mine says 2/3 Woodworker, Woodworkers are completed and I got the achievement but the Log entry is still there.
    I have the same problem but didn't get it
    Share this post

  6. #6
    At least your completion says 3/3. for me everytimne I 'scan' a homesteader Im always told something like cIomplete or not avaliable or something of the sort. Sucks im at 95% through the game but im stuck on that and some stuff.

    ps- altair robes do you get for FULL 100% or 100% in the main misisons since I have 100% in the Main (sequencE) misisons but I have not altair robes :/
    also sorry for being a bit off topic but does anyone have tips for the Naval mission Giant and the Storm? I can't ever seem to get all 3 ships to show their weak spots. Usually I end up killing them with the cannons or Ramming them
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by SleezeRocker Go to original post
    At least your completion says 3/3. for me everytimne I 'scan' a homesteader Im always told something like cIomplete or not avaliable or something of the sort. Sucks im at 95% through the game but im stuck on that and some stuff.

    ps- altair robes do you get for FULL 100% or 100% in the main misisons since I have 100% in the Main (sequencE) misisons but I have not altair robes :/
    also sorry for being a bit off topic but does anyone have tips for the Naval mission Giant and the Storm? I can't ever seem to get all 3 ships to show their weak spots. Usually I end up killing them with the cannons or Ramming them

    Naval Mission Help: I had the same problem, especially since I've upgraded the ram. This is whatI've learned after about fifty runs (finally succeeded):

    First of all, start with the frigates. They break easier, and if they fail, you don't want to waste the time on the man-o-war first.

    Second, begin by chain shotting all three ships - it's bes tif their bows are downwind, and then, put up your cannons. circle one, and come at it fromt the FRONT at an angle (I think about 30 degrees works well) at HALF SAIL - ideally, INTO the wind. Ramming damage seems higher the faster you're moving, but it may just be my imagination. For the Man-o-war, I've had the most success with a full speed ramming in the same place.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by FlarelordFenix Go to original post
    Naval Mission Help: I had the same problem, especially since I've upgraded the ram. This is whatI've learned after about fifty runs (finally succeeded):

    First of all, start with the frigates. They break easier, and if they fail, you don't want to waste the time on the man-o-war first.

    Second, begin by chain shotting all three ships - it's bes tif their bows are downwind, and then, put up your cannons. circle one, and come at it fromt the FRONT at an angle (I think about 30 degrees works well) at HALF SAIL - ideally, INTO the wind. Ramming damage seems higher the faster you're moving, but it may just be my imagination. For the Man-o-war, I've had the most success with a full speed ramming in the same place.
    well you were right about shooting out their sails with chain shot but after that the easiest way to do it is to get on the side of the front of their ships(make sure you're far up enough that they can't shoot you) and stop ( no sail). from here you just repeatedly shoot round shot at the front end of their ship until it gives you the option to shoot their weak spot.
    hope that helps
    Share this post

  9. #9
    It is a bug - extremely frustrating and keeping me and other people from getting a Platinum trophy! When you get 3/3 the log should update but for whatever reason it does not. Some people have reported getting it after doing additional scans but I have done lots of different things, scans and so on and nothing so... all we can do is hope for a patch. I'm certainly not starting over from scratch just hoping it does not bug again.
    Share this post

  10. #10

    same problem

    3/3 on all but no achievement on the encyclopedia

    other things like upgrading the Aquila are on 2% even though I got it all

    other problems on the DNA tracker as well. buggy.
    Share this post