DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member

possible story fail? *Spoilers*

I want to make sure, if everyone that has played ACB do you remember that we were suppose to find Desmond's eve? So what happened there, that was never talked about again.

And who actually liked how AC3 ended with desmond?

Em-Man's Avatar Member
    In brotherhood, subject 16 mentioned Eves DNA as some kind of "key". He also said that "It is far later than you know. Too late to save them." which only makes me believe that he knew everything that would happen to the world after AC3 in terms of Junos world domination.

Maybe Eves DNA is the key to saving the world from Juno? Remember that Adam and Eve were the first to oppose and rebel against the first civilization and their human enslavement. The reason to this was simply because of their genes, their DNA. They were a first-civ/human-race hybrid, which made them biologically immune to the pieces of eden.

There is a war coming my friend. And the only way to stop Juno is most likely through Adam and Eves DNA.

Maybe the amulet has something to do with Eve?

Originally Posted by Em-Man Go to original post
    In brotherhood, subject 16 mentioned Eves DNA as some kind of "key". He also said that "It is far later than you know. Too late to save them." which only makes me believe that he knew everything that would happen to the world after AC3 in terms of Junos world domination.

Maybe Eves DNA is the key to saving the world from Juno? Remember that Adam and Eve were the first to oppose and rebel against the first civilization and their human enslavement. The reason to this was simply because of their genes, their DNA. They were a first-civ/human-race hybrid that made them biologically immune to the pieces of eden.

There is a war coming my friend. And the only way to stop Juno is most likely through Adam and Eves DNA.
    But why is it that Ubisoft mentioned this and never brought it up, I've got to say that i think Ubisoft dropped the ball with desmond's story. I was hoping it would end it and drop all the future idea for the next AC game and just stick to one era. And there were way too many glitches in this game, i was surprised seeing how they spent an extra 2 months of game testing.

I'm not quite sure if this series will really being going anywhere after this game though, and it sucks because Assassin's creed has so much potential

Em-Man's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Pdavis3 Go to original post
    But why is it that Ubisoft mentioned this and never brought it up?
    Because we are talking AC4 stuff here (on condition that my theory is right). With other words, It's irrelevant to AC3.

I was hoping it would end it and drop all the future idea for the next AC game and just stick to one era.
    Assassins Creed without a present storyline? That would be horrible IMO.
    The present storyline is the main reason I keep buying these games. It is the strongest driving force for some of us.

Because we are talking AC4 stuff here (on condition that my theory is right). With other words, It's irrelevant to AC3.

Assassins Creed without a present storyline? That would be horrible IMO.
    The present storyline is the main reason I keep buying these games. It is the strongest driving force for some of us.
    well they mentioned it for desmond to find, so it was for the AC trilogy and then they left it and never mentioned it again. I see that as they messed up, unless they explain why.

They mentioned that they don't have to stay with the animus and they could just stay in the past, I find it odd that the present storyline is what kept you playing the game and not the part that they focused on more, the past. I know that Desmond is not a favored character by the majority, or at least that's how ubisoft has been saying it when they talk about desmond.

Em-Man's Avatar Member
    They mentioned that they don't have to stay with the animus and they could just stay in the past
    The fundamental idea of the franchise was to have the ability to explore your genetic memories with the help of an animus. This is what Assassins Creed is all about. Removing that element would ruin the whole franchise. It would not be the same and I can't imagine why people would think this is a good idea. The animus gives the genuine feeling of 'jumping right into someones memories', a feeling that I've never felt before. As a result, every historical element becomes more believable, and you get to explore historical settings as it "really" happened. I don't know If I'm making any sense here but it just gets more fascinating if you have an animus involved.

I know that Desmond is not a favored character by the majority, or at least that's how ubisoft has been saying it when they talk about Desmond.
    Yep, It saddens me really that this is the case but its not that surprising. Ubisoft have done a bad job in putting emphasis on Desmond and making him a likable character. And instead of working on his character and having more Desmond parts, it felt like they wanted to get him over with as quickly as possible. Even though I think the overarching plot is the best thing about the series, I can admit that Desmond is a pretty poorly written character.

The fundamental idea of the franchise was to have the ability to explore your genetic memories with the help of an animus. This is what Assassins Creed is all about. Removing that element would ruin the whole franchise. It would not be the same and I can't imagine why people would think this is a good idea. The animus gives the genuine feeling of 'jumping right into someones memories', a feeling that I've never felt before. As a result, every historical element becomes more believable, and you get to explore historical settings as it "really" happened. I don't know If I'm making any sense here but it just gets more fascinating if you have an animus involved.

Yep, It saddens me really that this is the case but its not that surprising. Ubisoft have done a bad job in putting emphasis on Desmond and making him a likable character. And instead of working on his character and having more Desmond parts, it felt like they wanted to get him over with as quickly as possible. Even though I think the overarching plot is the best thing about the series, I can admit that Desmond is a pretty poorly written character.
    I agree with you, that AC is about a guy going into the animus to relive the life (lives) of his ancestor(s), however they have stated that they could leave the animus. And I wouldn't say ruin it but rather give them more time to work on the portion of the game that the majority of people actually play the game for. They could just as easily just say that we tried to stay as close as possible to history, I never felt that having the animus made the historical moments more believable for me. I don't find myself attracted to AC because i'm playing the memory of someone else (the game character) but i find myself drawn to the game because of the atmosphere, story (the assassin story not desmond's) and the gameplay. However I can say that if they do remove I would miss the information that they would give us about the characters and the events.

The plot/story behind desmond is interesting, but in comparison to Altiar's, Ezio's, and Connor's stories, Desmond falls behind. They never really did a good job with him, and the failed completely in ACR. At least we were able to go outside on missions in this one, but even then they weren't that great. The thing is the have too many limitations with Desmond/present timelines, which is why they are most likely going to go in an era before AC3's for AC4. Like ancient egypt, india, Japan or even as Altiar's son. Personally i'll be fine with whatever as long as they do it right, and make the story (stories) amazing and interesting. But if they do something like Desmond again, then they should just scrap it. Even the ending for Desmond was a waste of time to me.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    There was some Eve stuff mentioned in Liberation... Eve leading us through the 'generational war' or something like that.

The eve stuff is brought up in liberations, it will get brought up in the next game, I have a thread on this subject already, i explain my speculation.. as best i can