Please Ubisoft! Let there be Free Roam!!!

Out of all the games so far in the series, The Frontier looks like the most interesting place to explore, so please don't have Desmond or Connor die in the end and have us have no animus to do Connor free roam. I would hate it if it were like Mass Effect 3 which made me extremely mad at how we couldn't do anything after we beat it. It was a terrible pain to load early saves to play DLC instead of playing it after beating it. I very much hope we get to free roam in this magnificent game after beating it or I might go as far as to cancel my pre-order because 60% of all my playtime takes place after the ending. It would be like Skyrim screwing you over and ending the game right after beating it's campaign. If it's too late then do what Fallout 3 did and release a DLC where we get to do a mission then get to free roam. So nervous and excited at the same time.

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    Technically Connor could still die and you could still free roam by either A: walking around in his past memories considering the character is already dead anyway in the present time or B: Connor could have a child at the end of the game at which point you could play as the child like you do in RDR (although I hope this would never happen).

As far as Desmond goes I will also not be happy if he ends up dieing but it is plausible that someone else descended from Connor could allow us to continue freeroaming.

DinoSteve1's Avatar Senior Member
    Its a little late in the day to be requesting this, but I'd imagine it will have free roam, hell if Connor dies they can still drop you back before the last mission, a little like ME3 yeah but if done right it will be ok. Plus it fits with the idea that Desmond is viewing memories.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Whatever happens, you`ll have free roam, do not worry..

Originally Posted by kriegerdesgottes Go to original post
    Technically Connor could still die and you could still free roam by either A: walking around in his past memories considering the character is already dead anyway in the present time or B: Connor could have a child at the end of the game at which point you could play as the child like you do in RDR (although I hope this would never happen).

As far as Desmond goes I will also not be happy if he ends up dieing but it is plausible that someone else descended from Connor could allow us to continue freeroaming.
    Maybe in the end of the game, Desmond has a Child before death. His son learns about the Animus and gets in it when older, presenting us with Connor free roam.

Originally Posted by WilderaWild Go to original post
    Maybe in the end of the game, Desmond has a Child before death. His son learns about the Animus and gets in it when older, presenting us with Connor free roam.
    Well that is ridiculous, but like everyone said. Do not worry, what ever happens there will be free roam at the end..

JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm never explaining it again, we will NEVER see the ancestor die through the animus from the ancestor's perspective...EVER...

Originally Posted by JCearlyyears Go to original post
    I'm never explaining it again, we will NEVER see the ancestor die through the animus from the ancestor's perspective...EVER...
    Yes we can..

The Animus is the Devs` invention, if they want to alter it, they will..

JCearlyyears's Avatar Senior Member
    It makes no sense. If the animus decodes genetic memory, they have to pass on the genetic memory for you to see it... They would have to change it drastically, which makes no sense. Unless the animus becomes a time machine, how would we see it?

Originally Posted by JCearlyyears Go to original post
    It makes no sense. If the animus decodes genetic memory, they have to pass on the genetic memory for you to see it... They would have to change it drastically, which makes no sense. Unless the animus becomes a time machine, how would we see it?
    Implement the Technology of the seals into the Animus...and that was just off the back of my head... See how they can exploit..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►