Combat system: AC3 vs Batman Arkham city

Hi,

I was a bit out to something and wasn't able to trace all the AC3 videos, screen shots, interviews etc etc. Now I just went through some AC3 videos. Well, they were awesome and blew me away. But one thing I noticed that the combat system which gets more varieties and looks more complex (in terms of weapons and hand to hand fight) is a bit similar to Batman Arkham City combat system.

For example in a video Conner uses his whip to pull one of redcoat soldier up and then kills him with tomahawk giving the impression "Why are you standing there, get over here and get killed" is looks like the same as we did it in Arkham City, when Batman uses Batclaw to get the henchman near and then knocks him down. Also, when Conner attacks from tree, he uses the same style what Batman does when attacking from gargoyles in ACity. I got the same feeling when I saw Conner fighting in middle of redcoats soldiers group.

Well, I am not insisting that the whole AC3 combat system is a copy of BAC but it really reminds me Batman's moves. I really love both series but don't want to see that one of my favorite series gets some combat style from another my favorite series. I want to see AC3 different.

Layytez's Avatar Senior Member
    They have made mentions to BAC when it comes to combat.

Originally Posted by The-Hollow Go to original post
    They have made mentions to BAC when it comes to combat.
    Do you say that the devs made the combat system like BAC intentionally??? really? I don't believe this.

chrislill97's Avatar Junior Member
    If you are in combat you can counter with O, then you get a split second to choose if you want to kill, dissarm, stun or use ranged wepon (you can do this by pressing anoter button after O).
    There is also different types of enemies that can defend themselves from some of the moves. You don't regenerate health in open conflict, so it is some times a good plan to run. Break enemies defence with X.

This is what I know so far
    (sorry if the English was bad)

True_Assassin92's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by asifah30 Go to original post
    Do you say that the devs made the combat system like BAC intentionally??? really? I don't believe this.
    Actually, yes. They took it as an example as how combat should be .

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    There was an article somewhere saying that Alex Hutchinson was so impressed with BAC that he told his crew to get the combat as close to Batman as possible which I am a bit worried about. Don't get me wrong I think Batman AC is one of the greatest games of all time and I love the combat in that game but it's so unrealistic and over the top and it fits a batman game perfectly but that exact combat in AC would not work. So far the combat in ACIII seems ok. I don't feel it needed to change quite honestly. It looks a bit chaotic and I don't like the button change but I'm hoping maybe I'll be surprised and like it better.

Made a similar thread... There was an interview about this take a look

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...combat-similar

LionHeart XXII's Avatar Member
    I have played all the AC games since the first one came out and i have always like the combat system and with each entry into the series the combat has gotten better(atleast to me). That being said, i am looking forward to the new system, even if i didn't feel it needed to be changed, Connor is different kind of fighter and thus the controls should adjust for that. And why not get inspiration from another very poplular system like BAC. AC has always been known for its easy playablility and simplicity of BAC combats fits perfectly into AC combat. I dont see a problem with it at all.