🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith Key

Very disappointed by the lack of key and jumping through hoops to get this game installed, wasn't really worth preordering it as I can't play it on day 1. Massive failure. Did any copies at all in Europe ship with a key or did they royally screw up and send no keys out? I would have thought that as they were aware of this problem since last Saturday at least, they would have got people in 24-7 sorting out their mess. Oh and not even an apology from the customer service department who promised me, if I jump through the hoops, they will have a serial to me within a couple of hours. 12 hours on and nothing. They going to have a bad bad day today with irate customers so hope they pull their finger out. Also the lack of any info regarding this quite major failure is very telling. Guess they want to hide from the embarassment. Not gonna be a happy bunny if, after getiing a key one day in the future, I then have to download it from Steam rather than from the DVD I actually bought......

QuantumNiTE's Avatar Member
    Just got my copy (UK, pre-ordered from shopto), and no CD key either as far as I can see. I really hope I get the key in time to play over the weekend otherwise I will be really disappointed - we've had to wait long enough for the PC release already.

Well I applied for my key yesterday and am still waiting so it doesn't look good for a weekend playing. It would appear there are going to be many thousands of people across europe in the queue. A complete farce really. I'd expectt hem to be working through the night to get people their keys as it's their mistake but having spoken to Customer Service (lol) they don't see the problem and don't really seem to care. A simple apology and solution goes a long way for the company reputation.

Next step in the procedure will be trying to hide negative posts and bury genuine questions in some obscure part of the forum to ensure they can carry on selling them with no key. Utter joke.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi guys,

If you're in the UK - and are still waiting for a key - I suggest you contact support again. You can ring them, which maybe faster for some - but only call if you have already contacted them with proof of purchase since without that, they won't be able to issue a code!

If you have supplied the requested info - they maybe able to issue a code over the phone, however call charges do apply.

As to the apology - Ubisoft have issued some free content, which you may not have seen..

“We’re aware that some physical copies of the PC version of Rocksmith in EMEA territories have been shipped without the needed unique activation code.

We’ve taken steps to ensure that our retail partners can help resolve this issue at the point of sale.

In some territories (France, Germany and Italy) Ubisoft has postponed the release of the game in order to rectify this issue.

Any consumers that are still affected should contact their local Ubisoft consumer support at
    www.support.ubi.com to receive their code.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will provide any affected consumers with the “Guitarcade timesaver,” which gives players instant access to all the Rocksmith mini-games.”

For people not in the UK - but still in EMEA - please see this site for a full list of Support contact numbers and call rates.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Sorry once again!

No one will bury any post's - since this is a genuine problem - and one Ubisoft are working hard to fix..

Like I said though, If you are still waiting, get back in touch with support

I've been in touch with support and have supplied the required info, screenshots etc so don't think I need to spend more time getting what I have already paid for in time and money. As to the free content you have so generously supplied, I think I would rather actually play the game to unlock things rather than cheat to unlock the minigames. Call me old fashioned but I like to play properly. This is in no way a personal attack on any members of Ubisofts staff but it really is an almighty mess you have made for yourselves here. Also it would be good to have some sort of Breaking News or something on your main page to save people going to a store today from wasting their time and money until the keys are being supplied. I for one preordered this game to play on the first day but that is seemingly not going to happen so i'm really not overly happy with Ubisoft at present. A friend of mine has actually taken today off work to play this so he's gonna be miffed when he discovers theres no keys and a massive queue for the jumping through hoops to get one.

QuantumNiTE's Avatar Member
    Glad you are taking it seriously, but the timesaver is not really 'content' - personally I would rather unlock the things by just playing the game, never really saw the point of buying a game and then spending more money to not actually have to play it.

I only contacted support an hour or so ago, so I will wait a little longer, but it looks like they will have a lot of customers to deal with today.

I hope we don't have to call the premium rate number listed to get the key in a timely fashion - this would be pretty awful practice.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Retailers have been made aware of the Key issue and some are issuing customers directly with keys - so remember to check your email used to pre-order too - this does depend on the retailer - who you can also contact.

You can contact Support in a number of ways - for free - such as via facebook or the support website.

Calling the team is not a 'fast track' to a Key - just another way of contacting support, as some may prefer speaking to a person directly, if you have been waiting on a key.

I suggest those waiting for many hours - update your support ticket and see what the delay is, or call, the choice is yours. Either way, you should get back in touch with support ASAP - especially if you have been waiting for over 48 hours.

Support in your region may not offer 24/7 support - so sooner rather than later is sometimes the best course of action.

The free content, I'm sorry but if you are not happy with that, I suggest that you also tell support, who will be able to forward your comments to the correct team.

Ok have phoned support line, more expense that wasn't necessary, and they are hopefully going to get the key to me in around an hour. He informed me that there are very very few copies out there without the key so hopefully a lot of people are happily playing out there somewhere. Lets hope this problem is now solved. I do wonder though if anyone at all got a key in Europe in their manual or if everyone is having to go through the process.

Also he informed me that the game will be installed from the disc rather than by download, so if true that is a bit of a relief.

randomas's Avatar Senior Member

Important

This very important, the single most important procedure is to include proof of purchase, taking pictures of disks and boxes is not sufficient, in the case of online orders a screen capture (I hope a pdf print counts cause that's what I did) of the purchase confirmation email will serve this purpose.

This little bit of info is not advertised, and lack of compliance will have the anti-piracy office block requests, and there is no auto reply telling you to add this to your request.

I only found out because I phoned.

Oh and Amazon was clueless ...

I sent picture of box, cd and cable. A picture of the bar code on the box. A screengrab of the Account page of my online shop (ShopTo). This was sufficient to enable them to provide the key. If you went through the process yesterday, call them this morning and they will sort it out. Surprised it took so long to be honest as there isn't many boxes out there with no key apparently.