Personally I feel ripped off, I pre-ordered AC3 because I had got into the other AC games unaware of previous delays, I paid 60 GBP under the now clearly false impression that I would receive it around the 31st October 2012, to discover that the date has now been held back to the 23 November 2012 feels to me as if UbiSoft are giving all us PC gamers the two fingered salute, I think it only fair that UbiSoft compensate us for the blatant lies they have told, saying this game would be ready in time.

Ehhh who cares why they are delaying it on PC... It is a great game series, and is worth the wait. Just be glad we get a port at all. I just started playing AC2 a couple of days ago on PC, I still have Brotherhood and Revelations to finish so they can delay it for another month for all I am concerned.

I know this is a sore subject for people without cable internet or have privacy concerns... But the sooner that consoles get to digital ONLY distribution the better off the PC will be... It will make publishers obsolete... If I was Ubisoft I would have half my team working with MS and Sony to get some kind of Uplay app on both consoles, because the publishers who don't have a digital distribution method will be left behind.

Originally Posted by RobYates76 Go to original post
    Personally I feel ripped off, I pre-ordered AC3 because I had got into the other AC games unaware of previous delays, I paid 60 GBP under the now clearly false impression that I would receive it around the 31st October 2012, to discover that the date has now been held back to the 23 November 2012 feels to me as if UbiSoft are giving all us PC gamers the two fingered salute, I think it only fair that UbiSoft compensate us for the blatant lies they have told, saying this game would be ready in time.
    Every trailer had text : PC date yet to be confirmed.

Originally Posted by dex3108 Go to original post
    Every trailer had text : PC date yet to be confirmed.
    A few months ago they said it was going to be out along with the console:
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...h-release-date

then in August they announced it would be delayed to Nov.

The main reason UBisoft does this for almost all PC versions is "Piracy." They think if they push it back it won't be as pirated or that those of us that have both consoles and pc will double dip an dpurchase it on console then pc. Negating the fact that the delay will also anger some people who will then turn to pirating it.

I am getting it for pc, but I seriously considered just not getting it at all because as a PC player I feel UBisoft treats us like crap, they keep blaiming pirate sfor this and that, then say most pc players are pirates, then delay every single PC version of their game, then whine when people get mad and don't buy the pc versions of their games.

Maybe if they treated as as fairly as the console players and actually didn't accuse every pc player of being a pirate they'd do better on the pc platform.

ubisoft are bloody lairs, yes the pc might have piracy, but so does the xbox 360 and ps3, No ubisoft just want to kill off the damm PC gaming market.

Yes ubisoft might clam a 95% piracy rate, but after releasing Assassins Creed 2 they bloody deserve the 95% piracy rate. If you sh!t on the PC gamers, what the F*$K do you expect is going to happen to your sales, you company has just turned to sh!t over the last 3 years.

And anyways your DRM only protected your games for a week or 2 and how much money did you lose in the long run because of it? Either way I hope you enjoy this year's wave of piracy ON ALL 3 PLATFORMS.

Originally Posted by ConverseStraw Go to original post
    ubisoft are bloody lairs, yes the pc might have piracy, but so does the xbox 360 and ps3, No ubisoft just want to kill off the damm PC gaming market.

Yes ubisoft might clam a 95% piracy rate, but after releasing Assassins Creed 2 they bloody deserve the 95% piracy rate. If you sh!t on the PC gamers, what the F*$K do you expect is going to happen to your sales, you company has just turned to sh!t over the last 3 years.

And anyways your DRM only protected your games for a week or 2 and how much money did you lose in the long run because of it? Either way I hope you enjoy this year's wave of piracy ON ALL 3 PLATFORMS.
    Don't forget second hand sales on consoles as well.
    But to say that Ubi deserves to have theyre games pirated goes a bit far.
    Alot of work and research goes into these games.

catkiller97's Avatar Senior Member

Originally Posted by catkiller97 Go to original post

Wow I didn't realize they were incorporating DX11 into the PC version... That is good news.

They are creating this game, assassin's creed 3, since 3 years and few months before launch they are saying they moved pc launch for few weeks... Let's be honest, something is not correct in this what they are saying, they had a lot of time to integrate dx11 features.

Well I'm not technically minded enough to know what DX11 is or how it will improve the PC version of the game over the console version, all I do know is that when I was encouraged to pre-order the game back in March of this year we were told that AC3 for PC would arrive at the same time as the console versions, now flashy graphics don't mean diddly squat to me as long as the game is good, what my concern now is that when we PC gamers go into multiplayer we'll have our asses handed to us by a bunch of console players who have had a month to learn how to pull the best moves