Beylous's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by TheLeoCrow Go to original post
    Ofcourse they will, it's their go-to excuse for everything
    Yeah, it's a little lame, but hopefully they actually take the delay and do SOME sort of optimization for the PC. Porting is a necessary evil, I'll accept that, but the laziness and concern about money over concern for quality has done some real damage to more than a few titles. Future Soldier ticked me off to no end (Ubi Paris/Bualrgraxistan or wherever the other studtio is did that one), but hopefully Ubi Montreal can outdo their less-than-professional counterparts. I have never had an issue with AC series though, so I'm hopeful.

they're delaying it so that they can think of more ways to stop the supposed pirates that make up most of the pc market, they've probably already contracted evenbalance for god awful punkbuster and will probably throw in a couple of glitches and a new DRM

pointless

i dont see the point in delaying the release of the pc version as i have pre-ordered it on pc and i am a hardcore fan, i just find this stupid that pc users have to wait a month longer(when i am dying of anticipation already) only to leave us with spoilers lying around the internet.... in addition, does any one actually know why they have delayed it?

There is a possible excuse (although perhaps not a good one) for AC1-ACII-ACB. These games have a little 'extra' on PC:
    AC1: reworked some of the investigation memories to give a greater variety
    ACII: integrated sequences 12 and 13 DLC's in the main game (although without the 3 templar lairs and bonus skin)
    ACB: introduced the investment system for shops

I don't think there was anything new for ACR

Originally Posted by RenaudV Go to original post
    There is a possible excuse (although perhaps not a good one) for AC1-ACII-ACB. These games have a little 'extra' on PC:
    AC1: reworked some of the investigation memories to give a greater variety
    ACII: integrated sequences 12 and 13 DLC's in the main game (although without the 3 templar lairs and bonus skin)
    ACB: introduced the investment system for shops

I don't think there was anything new for ACR
    AC1 True, it was the first game after all.
    AC2 It can be possible since last DLC came out mid-February and game came out March.
    AC:B possible, but a system like that isn't something that would take months.
    AC:R they REMOVED ambient occlusion from the PC version.

Beylous's Avatar Member
    .....what the heck IS ambient occlusion anyways?

Originally Posted by Beylous Go to original post
    .....what the heck IS ambient occlusion anyways?
    It prevents things from looking like...plastic.

"Ambient occlusion attempts to approximate the way light radiates in real life, especially off what are normally considered non-reflective surfaces."

Beylous's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    It prevents things from looking like...plastic.

"Ambient occlusion attempts to approximate the way light radiates in real life, especially off what are normally considered non-reflective surfaces."

Sweet.....always wondered that, and I thank you for the visual guide. Idiots such as myself need those, lol. Gonna start turning that feature on since I always thought it was related to other things. Muchly appreciated.

Xthman's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by TheLeoCrow Go to original post
    Ofcourse they will, it's their go-to excuse for everything
    LMAO!! Giving a Piracy excuse by ubisoft is like cracking a joke these days

Pc, is by far the best

They Delayed the pc version so more console versions will be sold, at least that's what i herd not 100% sure .