Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Bucur92 Go to original post
    So i pay 60$ for GRFS it was a crapy port an that is fine by you right.But hey my bad i will not make the same mistake again.
    while I understand your frustration with GRFS - this is not that game..

The team making the PC version of AC3 are adding in a lot of features such as DX11 - higher resolution textures etc and apparently the game is looking the best version to date, according to the official twitter..

however I can understand your reluctance to believe that, however you should also be aware that different people are working on different games..

while its still the same devision of Ubi working on the game, it maybe completely different people, working on a different engine.. So it may well turn out different from either driver or GRFS..?

I'm sure there will be some information about the DX11 support etc soon, however that may not answer all of your questions.

However as always, you have the choice to wait and see, should you wish

I hope you're right and we will get a good port.

BlastThyName's Avatar Senior Member
    I have to admit I echo Bucur's feelings.

It's a good thing for a PC version to feature DX11 effects but it should not be used as an excuse each time someone questions the quality of the port.

No matter how you slice it they ARE reasons to be concerned about AC3 on PC especially when we know that Ubisoft Kiev (GR Future Soldier...) are behind the port AFAIK.
    Sure they may be things to consider before claiming that the PC version will suck, and I know very well that working on a different engine is not an easy task. As I've stated in a previous thread I do understand that there are parameters to take into account : the budget they were given and the time at their disposal.

I have no idea how easy or challenging it must be to work on DX11 features (or other graphical enhancements) so I won't comment on their skills (or the lack thereof).

I just hope that whatever they are doing with the port it will turn out good.

It would be a smart move to inform the audience what specific graphical features will be supported, aside from tessellation and high-res textures we know nothing.
    What about volumetric lights ? Sub-surface scattering ? Parallax occlusion mapping ?

I would kill for a screenshot of PC graphics compared to Console!!
    It would make my day, and give me a lot more urge to get this game because I know what the results will be.
    (CONSOLES SUCK!)

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    while I understand your frustration with GRFS - this is not that game..

The team making the PC version of AC3 are adding in a lot of features such as DX11 - higher resolution textures etc and apparently the game is looking the best version to date, according to the official twitter..

however I can understand your reluctance to believe that, however you should also be aware that different people are working on different games..

while its still the same devision of Ubi working on the game, it maybe completely different people, working on a different engine.. So it may well turn out different from either driver or GRFS..?

I'm sure there will be some information about the DX11 support etc soon, however that may not answer all of your questions.

However as always, you have the choice to wait and see, should you wish
    This is what I've said a few times: If AC 3 for PC has its own team (which is a very good thing to hear!), why were they not able to release it on time, with the Xbox and PS3 versions? Other companies "optimize" their PC versions, yet it is still released on time. Seeing as how this is Ubisoft's "flagship" title, I would like to have faith that the PC version will do it justice. However given Ubisoft's track record, one can't help but be at least a little skeptical.

Originally Posted by ThexKezza Go to original post
    I would kill for a screenshot of PC graphics compared to Console!!
    It would make my day, and give me a lot more urge to get this game because I know what the results will be.
    (CONSOLES SUCK!)
    It seems to me that they dont want to release any information about the PC version.1 week and 5 days to go and the only thing we know is DX11 support.Normaly we should have more information by now.Even the WII U gets more information than the PC at the moment.

Well as far as i remember PC release only get Launch trailer. So i don't think that we won\t get anything.

The PC version is probably delayed, becasue they have to make sure that the mouse acceleration is not removable...

kalo.yanis's Avatar Member
    Please, if you guys think that the delay of PC versions is anything but a marketing trick, you're sorely mistaken. They're simply trying to get users that have consoles and PC's to get the more expensive console version. It's a way of extracting consumer surplus akin to releasing "collector" editions. They're trying to get as much revenue as possible by selling almost the same product.

An added month wouldn't make a huge difference to the PC port for a game that's got a 2-3 year dev. cycle. Anyone remember how ACR for PC was leaked a week or two earlier than the release date? Yeah, it was finished.

Originally Posted by NBST Go to original post
    Please, if you guys think that the delay of PC versions is anything but a marketing trick, you're sorely mistaken. They're simply trying to get users that have consoles and PC's to get the more expensive console version. It's a way of extracting consumer surplus akin to releasing "collector" editions. They're trying to get as much revenue as possible by selling almost the same product.

An added month wouldn't make a huge difference to the PC port for a game that's got a 2-3 year dev. cycle. Anyone remember how ACR for PC was leaked a week or two earlier than the release date? Yeah, it was finished.
    You are right and the same thing will happen to AC3 will get leaked 1 week earlier than the release date.You will see...