JumpInTheFire13's Avatar Senior Member

Still Learning

I'm currently replaying all of the AC games and I'm on AC2 right now. It's my fourth playthrough of the game and I just found out that you can ledge-assassinate and assassinate from a hiding place differently if you hold the high profile button. I've played every AC game more than once and I've watched tons of gameplay videos (just for fun), and in my entire 2+ years of being in love with this series I did not know you could do that. Did anybody else know you could do that? What other things have surprised you guys (and gals) in these games?

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    I knew that one...

Hmm...

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    I learned that in at least Brotherhood and Revelations, if you stand behind a guard, and tap empty hand in lowprofile, Ezio will tap the guards's back and the guard will turn around. I think it is not an intended feature and just an animation glitch for gentle push, but it looks like it was meant to be a thing.

I also learned that blocking makes enemies more open to attack.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by xXRyzonXx Go to original post
    I found out that if you hold the x/square button, your hidden blade is extended for as long as you want, meaning you instead of just pressing it, and it coming out shortly then retreating, you can have it extend as long as you hold the assassinate button with it equipped.
    I remember discovering that, that was awesome

imonthenet's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    I remember discovering that, that was awesome
    Yeah it was, I would sprint along rooftops like that then do a leap of faith and it was soooo cooooooooool!
    Whenever I controlled Desmond (in 3rd person) in Revelations I would always do it, but he didn't actually have any hidden blades so it looked weird

I learnt how to Hyper and Superblend in Brotherhood, but I only use that for fun not on any actual missions.

In Revelations I learnt that if you run to the edge of a building holding down the freehand button Ezio will automatically drop to a hanging position. Also if you jump towards something you would normally land on with you feet, if you hold the freehand button, Ezio will drop to a hanging position. I wanted that feature since Brotherhood and it's actually quite helpful when you want to set up ledge assassinations

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Also, I didn't know you got to examine the maps you got from the investigation missions in AC1. I thought it was basically just so you could tell the Rafiq you were ready, I didn't know it actually came into gameplay.

JumpInTheFire13's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Also, I didn't know you got to examine the maps you got from the investigation missions in AC1. I thought it was basically just so you could tell the Rafiq you were ready, I didn't know it actually came into gameplay.
    I didn't realize that until my second playthrough, but that was mainly just because I was a dumb kid at the time haha

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    It was poorly communicated that you were actually collecting stuff that could help you plan things out.

projectpat06's Avatar Senior Member
    I didn't know you could break guards' legs in AC1 till I started playing it again when it came with Revelations for free

I did not know you coul assassinate distracted guards during battle in AC1 until last month. Made the battles less frustrating.