🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #1

    Anyone use a Traveler guitar with Rocksmith?

    Specifically the ultra-light acoustic/electric. Just wondering how this works with Rocksmith before I purchase. It's a great practice guitar, and for me Rocksmith is all about practice/fun.... so if the two play together nicely.... you've sold another copy! Thanks in advance.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    majorerickson's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    449
    I don't have the acoustic Electric traveler, but I do have a traveler electric and it is great! In fact, I am in a hotel in Dallas getting ready to play Rocksmith on my laptop.

    Here is a thread link showing a video RCole_Sooner and I made a few months ago, me using the Traveler. SO I would say it is a safe bet yours will work with Rocksmith
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Awesome! That is exactly what I needed to see/hear. Lol, I loaded up the link and was like.... whoa I've watched these guys before! Can't find a vid of someone using the traveler acoustic/electric with Rocksmith anywhere, but I'll assume it will work nicely I guess. Thanks for the link.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    JTCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Near Muscle Shoals & Nashville
    Posts
    1,576
    I believe Steel_Nirvana also uses one. Well, correction. I KNOW he plays one, but I'm not absolutely sure he's playing RS on it over there in the sandbox. You could search on his posts here or try to send him a PM. At any rate, he recently said that he was pleased with his travel electric in general.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Belgium
    Posts
    4,496
    I don't have RS with me deployed, but I did practice with my traveling guitar on the 360 and it worked...but my portable guitar is a Strobel. It sounds great for the size, btw.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    JTCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Near Muscle Shoals & Nashville
    Posts
    1,576
    Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    I don't have RS with me deployed, but I did practice with my traveling guitar on the 360 and it worked...but my portable guitar is a Strobel. It sounds great for the size, btw.
    Dude - are you getting the PC version? I mean, even if you couldn't load it on a Tough Book, you've got to have a laptop over there, right?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waterloo, Belgium
    Posts
    4,496
    I'm trying an experiment this time: only brought my iPad. It's sort of tempting now that the PC version is out, but I'd have to buy a laptop, too...so I'll probably just play along to YouTube vids.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    majorerickson's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    449
    Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    I'm trying an experiment this time: only brought my iPad. It's sort of tempting now that the PC version is out, but I'd have to buy a laptop, too...so I'll probably just play along to YouTube vids.
    I was using Rock Prodigy on the iPad and that was ok - the have a TON of lessons to try.

    But having rocksmith along is MUCH better :-)
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Hopfrogg, I know this thread is dead, but I was wondering if you ended up getting the Traveller Ultra-Light acoustic electric and if you had troubles with the low E string not registering in Guitarcade? I am having this problem with this guitar. Or anyone else with the acoustic electric version of this guitar. The one with the Shadow piezo under bridge pickup.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Gundawindy Go to original post
    Hopfrogg, I know this thread is dead, but I was wondering if you ended up getting the Traveller Ultra-Light acoustic electric and if you had troubles with the low E string not registering in Guitarcade? I am having this problem with this guitar. Or anyone else with the acoustic electric version of this guitar. The one with the Shadow piezo under bridge pickup.
    Lol... I was like whoa... how did that post get necro'd from the grave.

    I DID get a Traveler guitar! I went with the Speedster though. It has the humbucker pickup and all the strings register perfectly. It's a great little guitar and an awesome company.. will highly recommend their product!

    Now to your problem.... have you checked your intonation? Check out some youtube vids on setting and checking intonation.... I believe notes not registering properly are usually poor intonation or relying on the RS tuner.... Use a separate tuner like a Korg for more accurate tunings. Hope this helps!

    Edit: Hmmm.. just saw you had a luthier check out the guitar so clearly intonation and tuning is not a problem. Try getting ahold of Traveler and asking them.... I've dealt with them on minor issues and they were amazing with customer service for me, so if they can't give you and answer maybe you can trade it in for the humbucker version if it's a recent purchase??
    Share this post